[Mar 24, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Justice Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Succeeded on 2nd try. Had to bring Leonidas, 2x Joon, Aegir & Wilbur. Color stacking yellow on yellow bosses is not fun and not a good strategy. If you have any strong blue paladins this quest will be much more manageable. Having Tarlak also helps considerably.

3 Likes

First two levels, I forgot to update my team:

Leonidas 2/60; Prisca 3/50; Wilbur 4/35; Wu Kong 4/70; Bane 3/50

For the third, I remembered that I had leveled Sonya to 3/60 (but forgot that Li Xiu was at 3/35 or so), so subbed out Prisca. As I succeeded, I guess it was O.K. Probably would have been better to switch.

Used quite a bit of healing to get through the first 4 levels, then started out the 5th level with a fairly mild bombing (one dragon and a couple of bombs). After taking out Joon, I got hit with a couple of specials and was low on healing, so I dropped the rest of the bombs and 2 more dragons. But I succeeded without “maximum carpet bombing”, so I was pleased. Wilbur is a life-saver with his spreading out the damage, especially here without any healers (Friar Tuck is 1/1 in my bench, and unlikely to get fed soon. He’s fat anyway…)

This trial forces you to use a lot of yellow against yellow foes, which is interesting. At least the bats pop satisfyingly when they are hit by the stacked yellows.

3 Likes

Brought my team of Wilbur 4/70+5, Wu Kong 4/70, QoH 3/45, Friar Tuck 1/1, Sonya 1/15.
First two levels were easy and had no problem getting through them. Last level was a chore, Tuck got one-shotted and Sonya lasted 3 hits. Had to use plenty of healing potions for my trio of levelled heroes to get to the final bosses. Bombed a bit until they were at 20% health, fired Wu Kong and let my diamond rip.

3 Likes

I’m still relatively new with pretty much no choice in heroes and the ones I do have that are able to participate, most are not the ones I’ve been levelling.

So getting stuck at Boss stage and not willing to waste more flags and materials to try and beat it. I guess I’ll just have to wait until I have a viable selection of levelled up heroes to be able to complete class quests. I guess everyone has been where I am now when they first started too.

So making Boss stage harder looks like it hurts newbie players more than players with built up hero rosters and so don’t seem to notice much difference. Yeah…thanks for that (not).

2 Likes

The good news is that if you aren’t leveling those heroes, you don’t need the emblems yet, so you’re not losing much. I usually do the first two levels and decide based on how that went whether it is worthwhile to try to go on to the third, which is exponentially harder than the first two.

Didnt make it this time, start to fruckin hate this game, because it should be a game and games should be fun not a ‘‘try to find a match 3 if you can, if not burn some WE later’’. And love the people who b!tched about the difficulty. I hate burning WE and especially i have burnt a lot of items. Look at this board, is this what makes the last stage harder? Is this what developers have devised? just some increased HP for the bosses and basically no matching tiles? I has 2 yellows and 3 blue heroes with not one good matching for the whole length on the boss battle, i wont even speak about combos because i’ve never seen those . Whats so funny about this? I have arrived at the boss stage with full health, full specials and a pretty good board, which basically changed drastically in 2 turns into this monstrosity you see bellow.

2 Likes

Wilbur 4/70, Wu Kong 4/70 (6), Li Xiu 4/70, Cyprian 3/60 and Friar Tuck 3/50 for some healing.
I was quite confident but I had to spend 175 gems to finish the last stage.
Not happy at all

Edit: version 20

3 Likes

Hmm 5 dragon attacks, 5 bombs and I think 2 axes did in the bosses (my game is updated).

I assumed they fixed that and you would actually have to play the bosses now, oh well another easy trial then.

1 Like

I don’t think they actually tried to make the boards worse – the fact that there are five levels on the last stage makes it fairly likely that a 3-2 stack is going to find a poor amount of matches by the time it gets through. Since you will have been using yellow and blue almost exclusively up to that point.

Don’t know what you can do about it – the team as such seems to be pretty solid. If one of the snipers had survived to this point, you would have likely won this, though (charge him twice with the potions…)

1 Like

Yeah i know, but even with those mana potions couldn’t have pulled this off, i thought about it; i could have charged Sonya, Thorne and Li, but the damage i was making wasnt enough.
The thing that made me really mad was that this fight was within my reach, even with an average board i could have easily won this, but this was just bad and its not the first time I’m seeing this type of board always at the boss fights. I’m sure that i can pull this off if i try it again, but I wont do it. I have already used too much items and with another ‘‘mystery’’ board like this one, i’ll definitely loose my temper…

I don’t have any of the HOTM healers, so I had to consume a lot of healing potions and also a few damage items in the boss fight.
My team was:
Joon 4-80
Wilbur 4-70+6
Cyprian 4-70+6
Leonidas 3-70
Wu Kong 4-70

So it was doable with standard heroes and a reasonable amount of items (considering that the small healing potions are super cheap).

2 Likes

This trial was pretty easy for me.
I used Tarlak +2, Sonya +7, Wu Kong, Wilbur and Cyprian (all max), TP 3630. It was mostly the same team I used last time, with Tarlak and Sonya one step further on the talent grid than last time.
First two stages I managed to complete with no difficulty, and no items used.
To the third stage I took small healing and mana potions, but I didn’t use any of those. I used one time stop and two dragon attacks on the bosses (no carpet bombing). Richard fired twice (the second time he took down three of my heroes, but I let that happen, because the match was pretty much won anyway), Joon fired once (didn’t do much damage - I used my Wilbur’s special). Justice also fired once, but she received some damage, because Cyprian’s riposte was active.
I’m already on ver. 20, but I didn’t notice much of a difference in difficulty. Actually, I used even less items this time around. I had really good board, with many diamonds, and with full rainbow team every tile matters.
I’m saving my emblems for Tarlak and Sonya (she’s my best paladin for now).
My yellow 3* trainer hero has already been eaten by Chao.

2 Likes

All in all it has become much harder according to all the bad experiences.

Oops…
I’ve seen an offer - 20 emblems for 170 gems. :wink:

1 Like

I just switch Gunnar for Captain of Diamond and I don’t have a lot of choice for this trial… :grin:
All are maxed, Sonya is +6 and Wu +3.

I didn’t take any risks with this trial so I nuke the bosses and play a little bit the board to finish this trial (what is missing is 10 medium healing potion).
Joon refuses to cooperate and dragon attacks didn’t work on him 3 times.

2 Likes

It were a bit harder this time

2 Likes

Same team as last time.
4^70 Sonya
3^50 Friar Tuck
4^70 +7 Cyprian
4^70 Li Xiu
4^70 +4 Wu Kong

Cyprian is likely slightly stronger than the last time from Emblems. Dragon/Bomb/Time Stop and instead of Healing (225), I took Antidotes (25) this time. A few scarier moments during the mob because they were ganging on Li Xiu and she was actually pretty close to seeing red after the first wave. The only thing I have is to very sparingly pop the Antidote for the meager amount of HP it heals. Friar Tuck is keeping himself (barely) and Cyprian (who is covering him for Riposte) and one other alive (might have needed to swap positions between Sonya / Li Xiu) because neither of them were given emblems and Sonya have higher defense than Li Xiu. Next thing is to pray that the enemies don’t gang up on Li Xiu too much more. Fortunately, they didn’t hit her again until I got to the boss wave.

The bosses were beefier for sure, but don’t know if they really hit that much harder than before. I do have to pop a few more items than before. Richard did manage to fire off his special once, but was still manageable. In the end, the trial was finished and enough emblems acquired to add 2 more nodes to Wu Kong.

@zephyr1, a silly question perhaps. but how did you get your Emblem Inventory screenshot?

2 Likes

Not a silly question! Here you go:

5 Likes

My team was Wukong, Joon, Ares, Sonya, Wilbur
All maxed

I only used some antidotes on this one
I didnt saw more difficulty than last time. Because Ares, Wilbur, Wukong made the challenge too easy. i didnt had any problems on last stage

Only Ares can heal for this trial (im still very proud having this hero) and Wilbur is so Powerful

2 Likes

Screenshot_2019-03-24-10-29-09
This is the team l have always used.
I bring small healing potions, axes, dragon banners and a miracle scroll.
Got through the final stage with healing & banners.
Wish l had a green hero.

2 Likes

I used several minor healing to get to the final battle, and arrived with fully charged heroes. I used the bombs and 1 dragon attack and then used the specials and tiles. I used mana pots to keep up Wilbur’s and Tarlok’’ buffs.

2 Likes