It’s time for Trials of Serenity!
This is the 4th of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!
NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live earlier at 06:30 GMT.
|Paladins & Rangers||Chao, Justice, Richard & Lianna||Green/Nature & Blue/Ice|
Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage
According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials is now harder:
We definitely saw that in action in Trials of Justice, Shadows, Strength, and Mysticism — but it was not so apparent in Trials of Fortitude, where the HP of the Final Bosses remained the same.
It’s possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.
|Trials||v19 HP||v20 HP||Increase|
If it is harder, the big question is: How much harder?
Trials of Serenity previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss.
That originally put it roughly in the middle of the Trials, and the same as Trials of Strength. With no increase in HP in Version 20, it’s tied for the lowest we’ve seen so far in Version 20.
Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?
- YES! It was much harder
- Yes, it was a little harder
- Yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
- No, I don’t think I noticed a difference
Final Boss HP
Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 had 3907 HP
Version 20: 3907 (unchanged)
Trials of Serenity previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss.
That originally put it roughly in the middle of the Trials, and the same as Trials of Strength. That remained unchanged in Version 20.
Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking
For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.
Battle Item Damage Reference
|Battle Item||Forge Level||Direct Damage||Max DoT||Max Total|
|Dragon Attack||16||400||132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack)||532|
Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies
|Strategy||Direct Damage||Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses|
|5x + 5x + 3x||4100||0|
|5x + 5x + 5x||4000||0|
|5x + 5x||3500||407|
|5x + 5x||3000||907|
|5x + 5x + 5x||3000||907|
|5x + 5x||2500||1407|
|5x + 5x||2000||1907|
|5x + 5x||1500||2407|
Additional Recommended Items
Paladins and Rangers are relatively short on healers, so you may want to bring healing pots.
Justice in Stages 1 and 2 causes blindness, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff, so you may want to bring antidotes to remove them.
If you have a healer available, you may want mana as a backup in case you have trouble charging them from tiles.
Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through. Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage. Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach. Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.
@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Serenity:
NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.
How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?
- Last time I beat all 3 stages
- Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
- Last time I beat just the first stage
- Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
- Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?
- This time I beat all 3 stages
- This time I beat just the first 2 stages
- This time I beat just the first stage
- This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?
- Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
- I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
- I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
- I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
- I didn’t use any items
A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:
Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?
(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)
- I love all the Trials equally
- It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
- I like it more than many of the Trials
- It’s about average for me
- I dislike it more than many of the Trials
- It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
- I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming
Share Your Team & Results!
Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!
Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?
Did your team change notably since last time?
What items did you use, if any?
Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?
What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
Anything else interesting to share?
You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:
- [Mar 3, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!
- [Jan 27, 2019] Trials of serenity
- [Jan 27, 2019] No healer for Trials of Serenity? No problem!
- [Jan 27, 2019] If someone were to make a Serenity team with w/ Evelyn, Athena, RedHood, Chao and Tiburtus (humor)
- [Jan 25, 2019] Trials of serenity - nervous team prep