[Apr 7, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Serenity!

Or, as @princess1 reminds us from Seinfeld:

This is the 4th of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live earlier at 06:30 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 07:00 GMT, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Paladins & Rangers Chao, Justice, Richard & Lianna Green/Nature & Blue/Ice

:sweat: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials is now harder:

We definitely saw that in action in Trials of Justice, Shadows, Strength, and Mysticism — but it was not so apparent in Trials of Fortitude, where the HP of the Final Bosses remained the same.

It’s possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 TBD TBD
Piety 4195 TBD TBD
Decimation 4051 TBD TBD
Nature 3763 TBD TBD
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

If it is harder, the big question is: How much harder?

Trials of Serenity previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss.

That originally put it roughly in the middle of the Trials, and the same as Trials of Strength. With no increase in HP in Version 20, it’s tied for the lowest we’ve seen so far in Version 20.

Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?

• YES! It was much harder
  • Yes, it was a little harder
  • Yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
  • No, I don’t think I noticed a difference
0 voters

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 had 3907 HP

Version 20: 3907 (unchanged)

Trials of Serenity previously had 3907 HP per Final Boss.

That originally put it roughly in the middle of the Trials, and the same as Trials of Strength. That remained unchanged in Version 20.

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 407
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 907
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1407
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1407
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 2907
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3407

:school_satchel: Additional Recommended Items

• Paladins and Rangers are relatively short on healers, so you may want to bring healing pots.

• Justice in Stages 1 and 2 causes blindness, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff, so you may want to bring antidotes to remove them.

• If you have a healer available, you may want mana as a backup in case you have trouble charging them from tiles.

• Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.

• Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through. Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

• Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage. Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach. Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

:world_map: Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Serenity:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:

5 Likes

You can check my team in the screen shot above
Evlyen is 70
Liana 80
Ares 80
Alasie 80
Frida 75 (new comer to my team i used greg 70 before)
Seems like the boss didnt raise their HP

• Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

no

• Did your team change notably since last time?

as mentioned only Frida is new to my team

• What items did you use, if any?

none

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

not so much

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

probaply Frida (when it reaches 80) and Liana (i have alasie at skill 3)

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Frida

• Anything else interesting to share?

i like to kill richard first to avoid getting his buff, i nuked him using Evelyn > Frida > Lianna > Alasie died immediately

2 Likes

Interesting, so looks like they treated it like Trials of Fortitude, and didn’t bump it up.

Thanks!

2 Likes

you are welcome, am glad i didnt forget to take screenshot like all the previous ones :rofl: i manage my flags to be full as soon as it appears (helps alot with my time zone)

1 Like

Thanks to Aegir buff I don’t need to rely on elemental heal anymore, so I swapped out Richard(3/60 last time, 4/something now) and Sonya(+3) for Buddy and QoH.

I wanted to make a cool screenshot to show of my super OP combination. QoH, 3 Minions, Special defense, Def buff, Spirit link. She shouldn’t have taken any damage at all.
Then Chao activated his Talent. Pierced right through defense and link and killed all 3 minions :sob:
This made the rest of the fight far more difficult. Aegir and QoH died at the end, but I did get through without items.

Serenity is one of my most liked trials because I can use 3 of my favourite heroes (QoH, Aegir and Lianna). But I don’t know If I should use Richard to replace a 4* because of his weak colour.

2 Likes

I’m pretty weak here: Triton +6; Sonya 4/39; Prisca 3/50

To fill out the team, I used Berden 1/1 and Gunnar 1/1 on the first stage, and Triton 1/1 and Gunnar 1/1 on the second. The heavy stack in blue was notable in damage, but after the mobs, there wasn’t much on blue tiles. Ended up blowing 2 dragons and 2 bombs.

Even though I “need” these emblems (for Triton and Sonya [soon]), I’m probably not messing with the third stage, unless somebody has a brilliant idea about how to survive this…

Last time, I think I had just drawn Sonya, and wasn’t yet level 30, so the third level was not even to be considered. (The time before, I actually had to take a 2-star ranger along…)

1 Like

The only thing I can think that could maybe work, but would be risky is to bring Dragon Attacks, Bombs, Axes, and Healing Pots, and use some or all of the axes along the way to debuff the monsters.

But you’d need to do pretty well with the board to kill them fast enough to move on before the attack debuff wore off — and you’d need enough items left for the Bosses to still be able to nuke them immediately, plus fire your specials. You’d also have to accept that the “filler” heroes on your team are going to die no matter what, and not waste limited healing pots on them.

I think that would all be doable, but it would rely a bit more on board luck than I’d personally like, especially when risking 20 WE and resource-expensive items.

I’m not sure that would be worth it, but if you’d have fun doing, then that’s a good reason to try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

as mentioned you can nuke the bosses using the following method if you have the items needed, you can always use less items and hit the difference or have your skills ready before the boss ofc you need to survive the 4 waves before the boss fight so i recommend getting either miracle scroll or HP potions

2 Likes

One of my better trials:

Last time Richard and Evelyn were 3.70, but otherwise it is the same lineup. It didn’t go quite as well as I hoped. Couldn’t get any decent combos going against the bosses and I had to use a couple of bombs at the end when I ran out of healing potions. But that’s why the bombs were there: emergency backup. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I used Chao last time and switched him out for Tibs. Not sure it helped or hurt, I still had to carpet bomb. The lack of healers hurts me. I had to use revival scrolls a couple of times.

Sorry for the extra-large “ego” screenshot. I’ve only just learned how to attach screenshots, not how to edit them :grin:

4 Likes

I like this one, not the right elements, but probably enough!

2 Likes

I brought along Triton 4/70+11, Tiburtus 3/60, QoH 4/40, Sonya 1/15, Frida 1/1
I was expecting this to be excruciatingly painful because I only had 3 heroes which were levelled. Surprisingly the boards were very kind and the pre-boss enemies were being kind, targeting QoH with their attacks. Got to the final stage with a blue diamond, fully charged heroes and QoH with 3 minions. The combination of Frida/ Tiburtus double defense down made Triton an absolute wrecking ball. Richard didn’t even get a hit in.
Finished the trials using 1x bomb, axe and dragon attack.

2 Likes

Not a good trial for me. Still did not start working on Aegir after the buff and beside him I don’t have any healers in these classes (are there even any?). This time I could replace unlevelled Richard with 3.20 Frida and she was even useful. Thanks to that I did attempt on the last level and beat it with just few items. Triton’s heal buff helped me get away with just minor pots.

Frida 3.20 - Tiburtus 4.70 - G.Falcon 4.70+7 - Chao 4.70 - Triton 4.70.

2 Likes

Technically, yes, but they’re very hard to come by, and none are conventional healers:

• Red Hood (Grimforest) – healing via minions
  • Ares (old HOTM) – healing only for self and allies via HoT
  • Aegir (old HOTM) – relatively minor healing based on regular damage
  • Evelyn (old HOTM) – minor healing only for Nature via spirit link

That’s what lead to this (basically joke) thread the first time around: No healer for Trials of Serenity? No problem!

2 Likes

Khagan after v20 just ate bosses with Tibs help

6 Likes

No, probably due to some improvement on my team.

Yes. Last time I put 3/60 Sonya to the bench because my first attempt ended in defeat. I replace her with Prisca to bolster purple stack and it result in victory. Sonya is already 4/50 so I put her back in. I no longer need the purple stack because at this time, I have 3/60 Tiburtus who replace Tyrum.

Here is the old team:

They had to use all items.

This is my new team (I forgot to take the screenshot before battle again… :sweat_smile:):

No longer nuked them from the orbit.

10 healing potions, 4 axes, 5 bombs, 2 dragon attacks.

It definitely result in higher items consumption for bombing.

Save them in the bank for now… Maybe I’ll give the paladin emblems for Sonya when she is maxed but I’m still waiting for Falcon and another ranger.

This question caught me off guard… I fed it to Chochin :laughing:. My 4th to 6th war team still consist of 3*, Chochin will join Balthazar & Tyrum as I’m tired of using Renfeld/Prisca/Oberon… They won’t get eaten though as they might be needed for stacking and I love collecting maxed 3* :crazy_face:.

Carpet bombing is somewhat unsustainable, keep an eye on your ingredients.

3 Likes

Same team as last time with no healer so Triton is very effective in this trials.
I played it safe from start to finish in the last stage so I used a lot of healing potions to maintain my heroes at a good health.
Nothing too much hard this time for me, the board was good against the bosses.

Screenshot_20190407-115251

Cyprian is a good asset on this trials too.

2 Likes

Before pew pew

Screenshot_20190407-121240

After pew pew

2 Likes

Found this definitely harder, i’ve barely made it, without that healing from a maxed Aegir/+3 i wouldn’t probably even passed the mob levels. Boards were azz, but i didnt expect anything else from this game counting even a 2-2-1 team. Used basically everything i had minus 1 health potion and 3 mana. The weak Chao got pulverized early in the boss fight by boss Chao. Barely did any damage to the bosses with the tiles.

2 Likes