[Mar 24, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Justice Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Aeron + Aegir life insurance was fantastic. Completing trials was childs play. Aegir really keeps everyone alive.

3 Likes

Arthur Perseus 3.70
Aeron Joon 4.80
Aegir 4.78

3 Likes

Same team as last time, but with Tarlak and Ares a little further along on their talent grids. I donā€™t think it seemed any tougher since the update, but itā€™s hard to say, because this round of trials might be the easiest of them all for me.

3 Likes

Happy with those, Aegir-san! :grinning:

3 Likes

Tougher for me.
Defeat on first try :see_no_evil:
But without using items.

Next try the magic carpet will help. Itā€™s a flying one with ground attack :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

My team last time

My team this time

Last time I commented that Leonidas proved pretty useless, due to a difficult board that never ended up charging him during my whole boss battle.

I had considered bringing 4-70 Sonya after last time instead, figuring at least with Fast mana she might charge once or twice. But with no purpose to her dispel and a relatively soft single target hit, I opted instead this time for Wu Kong to amplify my 3-stack of red.

Even if he canā€™t charge frequently in the boss battle, he can assist with the monsters along the way.

Other than the swap to Wu Kong, thereā€™s little changed on my team from last time, since my second Guardian Falcon hasnā€™t yet become a leveling priority (heā€™s next in line now after Gormek, though!).

Wilbur has gone from +5 last time to +9 this time, and Iā€™ve upgraded my 3* fire and holy troops a bit, as I head into month 9 of waiting for 4* troops in those colors.

The Battle ā€“ The First Time #fail :man_facepalming:

The first two stages were easy, and I didnā€™t need any items.

For the last stage, as I did last time, I used up all my minor healing by fairly early into the boss battle.

Despite that, things were going fairly well at first.

I used a single bomb early on to debuff the bossesā€™ attack, and used a mix of Wilbur and the two Falcons to wear down the bosses.

Cyprian also helped contribute some damage back from slash attacks, though I donā€™t think targeting for specials had ended up making him very relevant for big damage.

Joon had fired once while Wilbur was active, which wasnā€™t too bad. Richard had fired once too, and an antidote to clear the debuff was mostly sufficient.

Things started getting messier when slash attacks took out the 3-60 Falcon, and then Richard fired again and took out Wu.

Now, in retrospect, I should have just nuked at that point, at least enough to take out Joon and Richard. Even Justice was about halfway dead at that point.

But despite ample stock of Bombs and Dragon Attacks at the moment, I tend to be very stingy in using them.

So I pressed onward with Wilbur, 4-70 Falcon, and Cyprian, figuring Iā€™d wear them down more at least.

A turn or two later, I got a big cascade at random from tile refills, and it managed to charge up all three bosses.

Joon fired and killed Cyprian, Richard fired and damaged Wilbur and Falcon, and Justice fired and killed them off.

This is the first Defeat I recall in a Class Trialā€¦there may have been another one somewhere along the way, but I donā€™t remember it.

The Battle ā€“ The Second Time :tada:

Like my item stinginess, Iā€™m normally quite stingy with WE Flasks, despite having 50 in stock. But Iā€™m also stubborn, so I decided to burn one to try again without waiting for WE to regenerate.

This time around went much like the last two times (5 weeks ago, and right before this), running out of minor healing, wearing the bosses down a ways, and taking some hits and losses.

I used a bomb early on for the attack debuff, and one antidote after Justice fired.

Unlike last time, when I got the bosses worn down enough, I just went full nuclear, with 5 Dragon Attacks, and the remaining 4 Bombs. Having worn them down, that was enough to finish them off before dying.

As with the last two times, I came pretty precipitously close to dying. I probably should have started nuking even a bit earlier, and spread out the Dragon Attack DoT to take advantage of it while wearing them down.

This is definitely one of the hardest Trials for me with my current team options. And with my current leveling priorities, and lack of any of the Monk or Paladin healers, that probably wonā€™t get much better before next time.

Was It Harder? :thinking:

Iā€™m not sure.

This is already one of the harder Trials for me (maybe even the hardest at this point) due to a lack of healers, and an unmaxed team. Despite failing on my first shot, I could have easily succeeded the first time around with more aggressive item usage, or without that cascade when it hit.

And last time around I had a similar battle, I just happened to not get a random cascade and die:

So on the whole, Iā€™m not sure that the increase in difficulty has much practical impact on my approach to the final stage.

It seems like each time Iā€™ve run through this, I get close to dying and need to go heavy on items.

Shiny new emblems

At +9, Wilburā€™s next node is 40 emblems, so even the addition of 18 to the pool means no upgrade for him now.

As for the Paladin emblems, those join my pile for the fantasy Frida that I swear is waiting for me on my next Summonsā€¦or the next oneā€¦or the next oneā€¦or theā€¦

(Yes, I have read this thread repeatedly this month, along with using a binomial probably calculator to manage my expectations and stick to my moderate budget for summoning.)

Barring great luck, when I eventually abandon all hope on that front, Guardian Falcon is probably getting the emblems. I actually use Sonya more often, but my priority has long been titan teams, so Falcon is an obvious choice.

6 Likes

Nice report, thx :slightly_smiling_face:

It absolutely felt similar to me.
No matter who no matter what, the bosses wittle them down without carpetingā€¦

Second try was like last time.
Blessed the bosses with my charged specials first, fired all bombs, dragons and axes and after that I just needed a few matches to send them into eternity.

Sadly my video data got corrupted somehow and stopped recording during the 3rd mob wave.

Yellow trainer for Danza and still no maxed hero to spend my emblems on, but Iā€™m looking forward to max my 1st Triton this week.

Indeed my only ever maxed so far was Kailani, but she alredy became very expensive kobe-meat.

CU next trialā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Succeeded on 2nd try. Had to bring Leonidas, 2x Joon, Aegir & Wilbur. Color stacking yellow on yellow bosses is not fun and not a good strategy. If you have any strong blue paladins this quest will be much more manageable. Having Tarlak also helps considerably.

3 Likes

First two levels, I forgot to update my team:

Leonidas 2/60; Prisca 3/50; Wilbur 4/35; Wu Kong 4/70; Bane 3/50

For the third, I remembered that I had leveled Sonya to 3/60 (but forgot that Li Xiu was at 3/35 or so), so subbed out Prisca. As I succeeded, I guess it was O.K. Probably would have been better to switch.

Used quite a bit of healing to get through the first 4 levels, then started out the 5th level with a fairly mild bombing (one dragon and a couple of bombs). After taking out Joon, I got hit with a couple of specials and was low on healing, so I dropped the rest of the bombs and 2 more dragons. But I succeeded without ā€œmaximum carpet bombingā€, so I was pleased. Wilbur is a life-saver with his spreading out the damage, especially here without any healers (Friar Tuck is 1/1 in my bench, and unlikely to get fed soon. Heā€™s fat anywayā€¦)

This trial forces you to use a lot of yellow against yellow foes, which is interesting. At least the bats pop satisfyingly when they are hit by the stacked yellows.

3 Likes

Brought my team of Wilbur 4/70+5, Wu Kong 4/70, QoH 3/45, Friar Tuck 1/1, Sonya 1/15.
First two levels were easy and had no problem getting through them. Last level was a chore, Tuck got one-shotted and Sonya lasted 3 hits. Had to use plenty of healing potions for my trio of levelled heroes to get to the final bosses. Bombed a bit until they were at 20% health, fired Wu Kong and let my diamond rip.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still relatively new with pretty much no choice in heroes and the ones I do have that are able to participate, most are not the ones Iā€™ve been levelling.

So getting stuck at Boss stage and not willing to waste more flags and materials to try and beat it. I guess Iā€™ll just have to wait until I have a viable selection of levelled up heroes to be able to complete class quests. I guess everyone has been where I am now when they first started too.

So making Boss stage harder looks like it hurts newbie players more than players with built up hero rosters and so donā€™t seem to notice much difference. Yeahā€¦thanks for that (not).

2 Likes

The good news is that if you arenā€™t leveling those heroes, you donā€™t need the emblems yet, so youā€™re not losing much. I usually do the first two levels and decide based on how that went whether it is worthwhile to try to go on to the third, which is exponentially harder than the first two.

Didnt make it this time, start to fruckin hate this game, because it should be a game and games should be fun not a ā€˜ā€˜try to find a match 3 if you can, if not burn some WE laterā€™ā€™. And love the people who b!tched about the difficulty. I hate burning WE and especially i have burnt a lot of items. Look at this board, is this what makes the last stage harder? Is this what developers have devised? just some increased HP for the bosses and basically no matching tiles? I has 2 yellows and 3 blue heroes with not one good matching for the whole length on the boss battle, i wont even speak about combos because iā€™ve never seen those . Whats so funny about this? I have arrived at the boss stage with full health, full specials and a pretty good board, which basically changed drastically in 2 turns into this monstrosity you see bellow.

2 Likes

Wilbur 4/70, Wu Kong 4/70 (6), Li Xiu 4/70, Cyprian 3/60 and Friar Tuck 3/50 for some healing.
I was quite confident but I had to spend 175 gems to finish the last stage.
Not happy at all

Edit: version 20

3 Likes

Hmm 5 dragon attacks, 5 bombs and I think 2 axes did in the bosses (my game is updated).

I assumed they fixed that and you would actually have to play the bosses now, oh well another easy trial then.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they actually tried to make the boards worse ā€“ the fact that there are five levels on the last stage makes it fairly likely that a 3-2 stack is going to find a poor amount of matches by the time it gets through. Since you will have been using yellow and blue almost exclusively up to that point.

Donā€™t know what you can do about it ā€“ the team as such seems to be pretty solid. If one of the snipers had survived to this point, you would have likely won this, though (charge him twice with the potionsā€¦)

1 Like

Yeah i know, but even with those mana potions couldnā€™t have pulled this off, i thought about it; i could have charged Sonya, Thorne and Li, but the damage i was making wasnt enough.
The thing that made me really mad was that this fight was within my reach, even with an average board i could have easily won this, but this was just bad and its not the first time Iā€™m seeing this type of board always at the boss fights. Iā€™m sure that i can pull this off if i try it again, but I wont do it. I have already used too much items and with another ā€˜ā€˜mysteryā€™ā€™ board like this one, iā€™ll definitely loose my temperā€¦

I donā€™t have any of the HOTM healers, so I had to consume a lot of healing potions and also a few damage items in the boss fight.
My team was:
Joon 4-80
Wilbur 4-70+6
Cyprian 4-70+6
Leonidas 3-70
Wu Kong 4-70

So it was doable with standard heroes and a reasonable amount of items (considering that the small healing potions are super cheap).

2 Likes

This trial was pretty easy for me.
I used Tarlak +2, Sonya +7, Wu Kong, Wilbur and Cyprian (all max), TP 3630. It was mostly the same team I used last time, with Tarlak and Sonya one step further on the talent grid than last time.
First two stages I managed to complete with no difficulty, and no items used.
To the third stage I took small healing and mana potions, but I didnā€™t use any of those. I used one time stop and two dragon attacks on the bosses (no carpet bombing). Richard fired twice (the second time he took down three of my heroes, but I let that happen, because the match was pretty much won anyway), Joon fired once (didnā€™t do much damage - I used my Wilburā€™s special). Justice also fired once, but she received some damage, because Cyprianā€™s riposte was active.
Iā€™m already on ver. 20, but I didnā€™t notice much of a difference in difficulty. Actually, I used even less items this time around. I had really good board, with many diamonds, and with full rainbow team every tile matters.
Iā€™m saving my emblems for Tarlak and Sonya (sheā€™s my best paladin for now).
My yellow 3* trainer hero has already been eaten by Chao.

2 Likes

All in all it has become much harder according to all the bad experiences.

Oopsā€¦
Iā€™ve seen an offer - 20 emblems for 170 gems. :wink:

1 Like