🧪 The Beta Beat (V66) - Treasure Quest, Construct, Super Elemental and Astral Elf heroes -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

New Astral Elf heroes

New Super Elemental heroes

New Construct heroes

Treasure Quest

Owl Tower heroes:

Challenge Event Costumes

Garrison Guard heroes:

Secret Heroes + Secret Summon:

Champion hero

2024 May Hero of the Month

Knights of Avalon hero

Wonderland hero

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Earlier Beta contents

Champion heroes

Clash of Knight heroes

Construct Heroes

Contest of elements Heroes:

Goblin heroes

Hotm costumes

Journey hero:

Owl Tower

Season 5 costumes

Underwild Costumes

Toon Costume

Hero academy update

2024 April HotM

New Champion hero:

New Opera heroes:

Astral Elves:

Springvale

Clash of Knights

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V66 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:calendar: Beta Schedule

Beta Name Status Open Closed
Beta 1 Testing Ended THU 07.03 MON 11.03
Beta 2 Testing Ended THU 14.3 MON 18.3
Beta 3 Testing Ended THU 21.3 MON 25.3
Final Beta Testing Ended TUE 26.3 THU 28.3

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V65 Beta Testing Cycle

March 7, 2024

• New Astral Elf heroes
  • New Super Elemental heroes
  • New Construct heroes
  • Treasure Quest

March 14, 2024

• Owl Tower heroes
  • Challenge Event Costumes
  • Secret heroes + summon
  • Garrison Guard heroes

March 21, 2024

• Garrison balance update
  • New Champion hero
  • 2024 May HotM
  • Knight of Avalon hero
  • Wonderland hero

March 26, 2024

• Goblin balance update
  • Secret hero balanc update
12 Likes

The first V66 build is here

• 3 new Astral Elf heroes
  • 2 new Super Elemental heroes
  • 2 new Construct heroes

New Quest: Treasure Quest

• 3 feature families, which gets benefits
  • Includes Aether Cystals and Legendary Troop Coins too as a reward.

I will add the Beta beat topic as soon as I can.

19 Likes

How awesome! More new heros - sarcasm intended :exploding_head:.

Regardless, thanks for sharing @playforfun :trophy:

11 Likes

Don’t forget to check to see if chain attack Heroes are fixed in this release :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

New treasure Quest seems good, or hopefully - they will screw it up somehow, I assume.
But any chance to earn freebies is always fine by me.

I would really love if we could have a way to earn D Blades and Tomes though :frowning:

6 Likes

Finally the treasure quest that was touted about a year ago. I guess better late than sorry…

18 Likes

Finally. This quest was needed some time ago.

3 Likes

Yes, and it was long overdue.
And as I see there will be enough coins for multiple troop pulls in the quest.

9 Likes

Most excellent news that. Patient players can save for a 10 pull in aether portal.

There are 400 legendary troop coins to earn from the treasure quest but the energy cost for each stage is high… :robot:

3 Likes

Ok, then I have counted them correctly.

Yes, it starts from 16 WE at stage 1.
The total WE need is 97 as I see.

3 Likes

I really hope this is a typo, but somehow I think it’s entirely accurate. Ouch !

2 Likes

Here is the topic for Astral Elves heroes:

4 Likes

a big big thank you again for all your hard work, keeping us informed in a timely way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nature Contest of Elements Hero:

Holy Contest of Elements hero:

Construct Heroes:

7 Likes

A great thanks for all you’ve been doing for this community

It’s very interesting to know in advance some new features and heroes

Can’t wait to read more about the treasure quest

2 Likes

I’ve started doing that anyway. Same with the ascension portal. I’m surprised and impressed at myself.

1 Like

@PlayForFun Another vote of immense thanks to you. You’re such a diligent, wonderful asset to this community. Thank you.

4 Likes

Seconded.

It’s too early in the day for :beer: so I’m sending a virtual :coffee: with :cookie::cookie: instead.

Thank you @PlayForFun for all that you do :green_heart: .

4 Likes

I have added a draft topic for the Tresure Quest here:

I will finish the Guide part later.

5 Likes