🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of new Knights of Avalon Hero - Gawain [Part of The Beta Beat v66]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of Round 2 of new Knights of Avalon hero called Gawain

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Knights of Avalon hero

There are a total of one (1) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Challenge Festival I.

*The name of the new hero is: Gawain

5 :star: – Legendary Hero

• Gawain - Azure Knight

Gawain - Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 1035

Attack: 1060
Defense: 1091
HP: 1668

Class: Paladin
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)
Aether Power: Revive

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Avalon

Special Skill: Azurelight Greatsword

• Deals 635% damage to the target.
  • The damage is increased by 150% per each dead ally.
  • Caster receives +60% defense for 4 turns. This defense is increased by +10% for each fallen ally.
  • Has 50% chance to revive a random fallen ally with 40% HP.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• March 21, 2024 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

9 Likes

So he deals 1235% damage when alone? :scream:

8 Likes

What an interesting kit! So, it really does pay off to build him out for defence… and with a base attack power of 635%, it means that he will still dole out a ton of damage even when emblemed for survivability…

150% scaling per dead ally does feel slightly over the top though…

PS. More info on Gawain’s story in the Arthurian Legend Gawain - Wikipedia

4 Likes

So hypothetically would the extra damage be there permanently if you brought him in solo or do the allies have to actually die for it to trigger? Because if the former it would be fun to see if you could take out teams single handedly, or maybe with a support healer and you would still have him be at 1,085%

1 Like

On the basis that it explicitly refers to “fallen allies” I’m going to hazard a guess and say it counts how many grey hero tiles there are in your attacking party (or gaps in your defending party). But fun concept!

3 Likes

Yeah, that does make the most sense, but it would be fun though

Bring him with a bunch of 1* heroes, they should drop like flies

7 Likes

Very interesting hero as well. You can field a bunch of 3*s with him as his servants. Definitely going to be nerfed before release though, but we’ll see

1 Like

This is what g owl should have been tbh

3 Likes

We got the Green Knight a little while back so makes sense to now get Sir Gawain.

3 Likes

Interesting hero. Most powerful when Everybody’s dead, Dave. Of course than he can revive someone randomly. In the corner he can be pretty annoying as he has potential to revive others and will most likely oneshot someone. Granted, if you bring riposter such as Ekanite or Lodius he’ll likely also oneshot himself.

2 Likes

Interesting point to look out for

Sir Gawain interesting hero, and strong. I’m curious to see how this card will be released.

Excellent Red Dwarf quote snuck in there.

On topic, I love the Arthurian legends and glad another knight has arrived. Love the skill too.

2 Likes