🧪 Early Information on Plane of the Astral Elves Quest [Part of The Beta Beat v65]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Plane of the Astral Elves Quest.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

The Plane of the Astral Elves Quest

This is standard 10 level Quest.
Each level can be played once.

Special Rule: The Plane of the Astral Elves

As it is written in the rules all ailments and buffs casted by your Heroes are lasts only 1 turn.
The bosses in the event can still cast buffs and ailments, which will last more than 1 turn.
The mana generation is doubled of your heroes, and it also includes the mana provided by battle items.
So minor mana potion gives 50% mana, while the mana potion gives 120% mana, and the super mana potion gives 200%. The Tornoado gives 80% mana.

Astral Summon

The Appearance Rates

• Rare Hero: 56.8%
  • Epic Hero: 20.8%
  • Legendary Hero: 1.6%
  • Rare Event Hero: 14.2%
  • Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
  • Legendary Event Hero: 0.5%
  • Legendary Featured Event Hero: 0.4%
  • Bonus Draw (Legendary HoTM): 1.3%

For each summoned Legendary Astral Elf, you will get another Legendary Astral Elf as a bonus.

The Summon Costs:

• Single Summon: 400 Gems / 100 Astral Coins
  • 10x Summon: 3400 Gems

Featured Heroes:

• Starwalker
  • Moonflower

Astral Elves Quest Stages

Stage WE Recommended TP Wave Reward Enemies Bosses
1 4 1800 3 5x Astral Coin Purple + Red Lionstring (G) + Starswift (R) + Moonflower (N)
2 5 2200 3 5x Astral Coin Blue + Red Starswift (R) + Starwalker (B) + Hammerclang (R)
3 6 2600 3 10x Astral oin Purple + Blue Lemonwood (Y) + Dreadstar (P) + Loinstring (G)
4 7 3000 3 10x Astral Coin Purple + Blue Dreadstar (P) + Moonflower (G) + Starwalker (B)
5 7 3400 3 15x Astral Coin Red + Purple Starswift (R) + Loinstring (G) + Hammerclang (R)
6 8 3800 3 15x Astral Coin Blue + Purple Lemonwood (Y) + Dreadstar (P) + Moonflower (G)
7 8 4200 3 20x Astral Coin Blue + Red Hamerclang (R) + Starwalker (B) + Sparklight (R)
8 9 4600 3 25x Astral Coin Purple + Red Sparklight (R) + Starwalker (B) + Lemonwood (Y)
9 9 5000 3 30x Astral Coin Purple + Blue Moonflower (G) + Loinstring (G) + Starswift (R)
10 10 5400 3 45x Astral Coin Purple + Blue Starwalker (B) + Dreadstar (P) + Lemonwood (Y)

Total: 180 Astral Coins, 73 WE

Guide Created by @birksg

Thanks @birksg

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

10 Likes

thanks for your hard work, PFF! I think you mean “Masquerade” here?

huh! looks like the heavy hitters, minion makers, and straight healers/overhealers will be coming out for this one! (and mindless attackers, they just need to be timed well)

This was the copied in the Goblin Quest’s Beta, but I have removed that so that it does not confuse anybody.

On Quest Stage 6 and 9 where we have Moonflower this part of his skill makes him very dangerous as if you do not see that this buff is on him, then you are killing your own heroes if you firing some of your heroes in a row.

Luckily dispellers can prevent this even if this buff is on.
I actually brought 4 of them with us to beat level 9 + C2 Quintus to prevent even this buff to be applied + Timestops.

On level 9 this hero is paired with Lionstring, who gives Dodge buffs, so even using dispellers is risky, as on dodge Moonflower will fire this 235% attack to all of your heroes.

So you need to be very careful.

This skill in Starwalker is also dangerous for cleansers as at cleanse it deal 2k+ damage at level 10.

3 Likes

Loinsting ??? :open_mouth:

Really hope that’s Lion… not Loin… - some very different images there :rofl:

5 Likes

thanks for the tips! I will consult your post when the quest goes live in the game :smiley:

eek. can’t think of a good photo to post here that won’t get flagged :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is the hero’s sharable Beta image.

So that special rule is basically just magic night from season 2 with the normal damage cut in half replaced by mana steal every 3 turns.
I can live with that. Khonshu should love this event! :heart_eyes:
Only sad thing is that the quest gives only 1.8 free pulls again like the Goblins…

4 Likes

Managed to autoplay the first 7 stages in beta. 8 and 9 were tough as I took a loss on each. Made it through ten first try. I was thinking it was hard but might have just needed to get used to it.

I used Goldie, quintin, proteus, Hansel, and waddles. It’s mana control as usual.

The hardest part is that turn the enemies steal your mana, you won’t have any specials ready to control them. Charge heroes and those that resist can work. I expect I’ll unload some items.

2 Likes

Wheee…, another new coin to collect. Guess this means that Goblins n (now) Elves will remain as independent quests for the time being.

Guess CFIII won’t be created anytime soon.

1 Like

I expected sth more from that event.
It sounds like the combination of goblin village , magic night levels(S2) and pirates of Corelia levels(CF1).
Anyway it’s good to have more chance for 5*.

How would it work with Ludwig/Onatel?
Will they give/steal 100% mana?
@PlayForFun can u test it?

Dude, just use titan shield

Yes, their status effects should directly be at the “final” state (of giving/stealing 100%) since they will last only one turn.

Today I see the new version notes say:

Here’s what I said in beta

:expressionless:

4 Likes

At least this will make the event a bit easier.

1 Like

Considering saving my gems for this instead of Bday portal. 0,9% chance to get 2 legendary Astral Elves vs 1% chance to get a featured plus a non-featured legendary. But 90% of the non-featured legendaries aren’t ones I would level

I will certainly do the same as you… Birthday portal is quite bad because of the non featured heroes which are (not all) more or less useless now (Odin ? Garnet ?)…

Astral elves will garantee 2 top heroes if you got the jackpot of 0.9%of luck

1 Like

I think I’d save my coins from all AE events to do once a lot pulls in a row.
Chances for 5* are too low

thanks for the tip!

Looks like Seshat and Amethyst will be coming out for me…

1 Like