🧪 Early Information on Hero Academy Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v63]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Hero Academy updates

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Hero Academy Updates

The Troop training / retraining costs and times are reduced.

Here is the full list of the Hero Academy levels in Beta.
The old values are in red.
The new values are in green.

Level Title Resources Recruits Other Items Time Gem Skip Possible Outcomes
1 Train Common Heroes 5,000
food
Recruit
2x Practice Sword, 2x Training Manual 1m 0s 1 Any 1* Hero
2 Train Common Troops 50,800
Iron
50 5
Recruits
3x Dagger 9h 6h 0m 225 150 Any 1* Troop
3 Train Uncommon Heroes 11,000
Food
Recruits
3x Strong Rope 1m 0s 1 Any 2* Hero
4 Train Uncommon Troops 103k
Iron
100 10
Recruits
5x Arcane Scripts 21h 12h 0m 525 300 Any 2* Troop
5 Train Rare Heroes 100k
Food
Recruits
1x Battle Manual, 1x Chainmail 9h 0m 225 Any S1 3* Hero
6 Train Rare Troops 151k
Iron
150 50
Recruits
5x Tall boots, 5x Scabbard 2d 12h 20h 1500 500 Any 3* Troop
7 Train Trainer Heroes 45k
Food
Recruits
5x Wooden Shield, 5x Leather Armour, 5x Sharpening Stone 9h 0m 225 1,2,3 or 4* Trainer Hero. Odds unknown & undisclosed
8 Train Epic Heroes 200k
Food
Recruits
3x Battle Manual, 3x Tall Boots, 3x Chainmail, 3x Scabbard 2d 12h 1500 Any S1 4* Hero
9 Retrain Epic Troops 1203k
Iron
200 150
Recruits
1x 4* Troop 7d 4d 0h 4200 2400 Any OTHER 4* Troop (Mana or Crit)
10 Retrain Legendary Heroes 1288k
Food
Recruits
1x 5* Hero 7d 0h 4200 S1 5* Hero OR a 5% chance for a Non-S1 5* Hero (see list below)

:link: Related Threads

29 Likes

Woo hoo reduction in recruits required for feeder troops, I think. Great for those who don’t avidly farm.

How would this impact those who bank iron in HA? Do they get original number of recruits back or the newly stated requirement, when they reverse out some jobs?

13 Likes

This is great, I don’t have a hero academy yet but this is something I did not expect. Not only are they making leveling up troops cheaper but now they are making it easier to get troops.

7 Likes

The new Recruit count is returned if you reducing the amount of Troop trains from Hero Academy.

3 Likes

Progress that I don’t mind. Will the hero trainings also be adjusted? At least Rare, Epic, and maybe expand HA10 to include a couple of the other older heroes:

• The newer Challenge Festival I rares: (Sally, Vodnik, G.Lemur, Treevil, Gnomer, etc.)
  • Older Seasonal Events: (Squaire Wabbit, Jabbar, Valeria, Buddy, etc.)
  • Challenge Festival II: (Maeve, Candy, D’Andre, Ingolf, Isrod, etc.)
  • Costume chances for HA5/8. It can be kept as low as getting a Legendary in portals since it’s not retraining.
    ** Increase the chance for HA10 to justify the week-long wait time. 7%?

If not, at leat revert the decision to not include the tower troops as retrain results. HA9 was WAY more enticing when people saw there was a possibility of getting the rarer Ninja Troops. The chances for them can be the current costume chance that HA10 has. 5%. (ADD have it include Magic Troops and Cyclops Troops and any future Towers after maybe the first time they run through the game.)

11 Likes

Not sure how they’re going to handle queued up troops, but some form of compensation would be appropriate. Maybe some iron crates. Seems only fair. I can’t imagine what we’re going to do with recruits now… they were already a surplus.

The needed iron is not changed. So you not losing Iron just recruits.

5 Likes

Right. But there’s no recruit crates.

This is great! Probably in preparation for those legendary troops, but oh well… at least I will still benefit for my 2* 3* and 4* troop training

1 Like

Guys, is it possible to request a Claim All option here as well?

It is a little annoying to claim hero by hero… A similar option like Training Camps would be perfect.

8 Likes

Any schedule, when it will go live? Loss of recruits would be massive with looonger line… so we can “save” part of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

We already have an answer for that

2 Likes

The reduction in training time is what caught my attention.

10 Likes

Not necessarily directed at you play… But… I have 137 in the academy for 3* troops… So I’m going to loose 13,700 recruits… And I’m both okay with it and annoyed… Moving forward I’m okay with the changes… But it seems like 13,700 recruits have some value…

5 Likes

Hmm, we are so close I have 136 Rare Troop trains queued in Hero Academy.

I can ask Staff about what is going to happen with the lost Troops.

9 Likes

If my math is still good, I lose over 100k recruits :smiley:

8 Likes

This gets a thumbsup from me
Hopefully this gets rolled out into live game like this
That said I would have liked to have seen a reduction in the timescale to bake off a 5* at HA10. Possibly reduce it down to 5 days…
Or how about the opportunity to bake off more than one 5* hero at a time

9 Likes

While I still have doubts that the time required for retraining heroes will get a reduction, I’m not against the thought if they do that over increasing the chance rate of a non-S1 AND a costume if one is available.

This is all good news but I can’t help thinking it benefits new players so much and certainly helps to retain player no.s.

or maybe not get constant crap… I’m 5.5 heroes behind pace… Just make it more like alchemy lab… I’m behind on that too but not so ridiculously far.