[Apr 21, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Nature Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

I have a reasonable team shame they are all green and 1 purple.
Tib, Kadile, Caedmon, Buddy and Melendor all maxed. Used 3 time stops on the bosses. Zimkitha is growing.

1 Like

@Gryphonknight

A reply.

Click for reply

Iā€™ve actually been working on a new post format that uses collapsing for better scrolling management, but I donā€™t think that will address data use. Phones will still download images referenced on the page, since collapsed content is hidden via CSS/JS, and not lazy loaded.

I think itā€™s still worth having the collapsing sections, but Iā€™m unclear on whether thatā€™s your main concern, or if youā€™re more concerned about data usage.

4 Likes

I think it went well with my team

1 Like

For level 3 I used +100 healing potions, +500 healing potions, some axes, & antidotes.

I had a much easy time this time because I had Alby this time around! *(I was stuck choosing from Brienne/Berden/Belith/Melia as my fifth hero previously.:upside_down_face: Itā€™s because my Evelyn-2, Chao & Gadeirus arenā€™t at viable levels. Thankfully I consider all those 3 :star: heroes to be good heroes though! They all atleast contribute well before they die)

Alberichā€™s heal over time and mana regeneration really made the fight more enjoyable because I didnā€™t have to nuke the battlefield! :joy:
His resurrection wasnā€™t needed.

Full Team:

Alberich 3/70
Gandalf 4/70
Evelyn 4/80
Caedmon 4/70
Triton 4/70

One of my much more balanced class-trials teams.

Alby helped me keep the team alive and helped make the special skills go off quicker.

Gandalf helped keep the team alive. Usually, either He, Eve or Caed, were ready to dispell Brienneā€™s attack buff when she went off. A couple times they werenā€™t but thatā€™s when I just tossed an axe to overwrite the buff.

Evelyn helped herself, caedmon, and the green tiles inflict more damage. She definitely made it go faster by inflicting damage to all 3 enemies at once. She helped everyone besides Triton survive since her elemental link recoverd over an entire quarter of health (w/ triton active) over 6 turns for all the natures. Always love how well it synergizes with Alby

Caedmon helped snipe damage the opponent of focuse of course. Iā€™ll never stop loving that heā€™s the same speed as Eve! Triton assisted with sniping damage. Itā€™s a good thing heā€™s such a good 4 :star: sniper since being blue his tiles were barley more useful than a wet pool noodle after Chao died.

Triton also helped keep the team alive. Heā€™s amazing as usual. He makes swift-healers (%) like Gandalf heal up the team over like 50% it seems! Very ā– ā– ā– -saving after Horghall went off immediately after Chao went off ā€”since I didnā€™t have a defense buffer or turtle/dragon banners. He also works on stall-healers (H.O.T), which I didnā€™t realize until this trial! Alberich is supposed to regenerate everyoneā€™s HP by 153 for 4 turns. When Tritonā€™s buff was active he regenerated 212 HP for everyone w/o healing bonus troops. An extra 236 per hero!

With the Nature Trial healing teamā€” Triton-Eve-Alberich-Mel it made the bosses not stand a chance of killing anyone. Definitely only bringing minor healing potions next time and some type of banner.

Ranger: Soon Iā€™ll hit 50 and will be able to finance the continuation of Evelynā€™s journey to become an Overpowered beast that when sheā€™s combined with 2 other greens.

Druid: I plan to add them to the cache of Druid emblems that I have accumulated since classes were released, go back to sitting on them, and being too worried and reluctant to make a decision on how they should be distributed. Gotta keep a healthy mindset by taking a mobile game based on puzzles and pretty set as seriously as possible and ruminate about possibly wasted ham. :laughing:

Now that Aegir is a good tank, I really need an overpowered mono-green team. So Iā€™m gonna sacrifice mr.trainer to Aife. Once I get her maxed I bet Iā€™ll finally get to be the alliance war MVP when we fight ice-tank teams. I wonder if Iā€™m truly worthy of her power though.

1. A thought popped up that this trial must be exceptionally fast and easy for for people with the fire legendaries. (Khagan, Red, Zimkitty) + any allowed 4*/5* dispeller and it makes me even more jealous of people who were able to get Red and Zim. :sweat_smile:

2.Killed them off in this order: Chao, Horg, Bri. I feel like that was a stupid order. Probably should of went for Horg first.

2 Likes

All max, some with emblemsā€¦

Main account:

Melendor
Buddy
Evelyn
Lianna
Horghall

Alt account:

Melendor
Tiburtus
Khagan
Gregorian
Triton

Both had no trouble at all.

2 Likes

I completed all three stages using this team:

Items used: 5 axes, 5 bombs, 2 dragons

Only minor changes since last time:

• Lianna just ascended to 4-1, she was 3-70 last timeā€¦ onward and upward!
  • Caedmon is a little further along the talent grid this time
  • I maxed Belith to use in the 3* tourney (she was 3-29 last time)
2 Likes

Last time, my team was:

• Melendor 4^70+4
  • Tiburtus 4^70+5
  • Isshtak 3^50
  • Belith 3^50
  • Brienne 3^50

This time, I maxed Melia, giving me another hitter and some more color variety. Swapped her in for Brienne. Also, Tiburtus and Melendor gained a couple of talents each since last time. The first two stages went down relatively easily considering the relative weakness of my team and lack of hard hitters. I might have been tempted to try stage 3, but with a Collect Gems and a Mount Umber active, there were other priorities for that much world energy, and with three levels to go on Springvale advanced. I will save my carpet bombing munitions for that. Feed some ranger emblems to Tiburtus and move on this time.

1 Like

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

I remembered antidotes this time, yay! :laughing:

The biggest difference is I swapped out 3-60 Chao for newly-maxed Gadeirus, whom I figured would be a better fit by increasing my green stack and elemental link with Evelyn, provide added healing plus an attack buff, and have a nice double synergy for defense and healing with family member Triton.

Apart from that, Melendor went from +6 to +12 (thanks, broken Tournament loot!), Evelyn stepped up once to +4, and I leveled my main Nature Crit troop more.

The Battle

The first two Stages were completely easy with this team.

For the third Stage, this team really tore through the regular monsters. Having a strong/neutral stack coupled with buffing and debuffing, and Tritonā€™s fierce sniping made for easy progress.

The Bosses were similarly pretty straightforward, with a large amount of damage dealt just from initial specials and some green tile matches while Tiburtus, Gadeirus, and Evelyn were all active.

Having Melendor and Evelyn makes Brienneā€™s buff largely irrelevant and easy to clear repeatedly.

I used 2 antidotes along the way when Horghall fired, and 2 minor mana to top up Melendor once. I also used up my minor healing potions along the wayā€¦with over 3800 of those on hand, Iā€™m not shy about popping them when needed.

By the end, the battle wasnā€™t even close, with my team at strong health.

Was It Harder?

Not that I could notice with this team. If anything, I may have had an even easier time.

Shiny New Emblems

Druid Melendor stepped up yet again to +13 (and almost +14), on his path to fierce attacker/dispeller who also happens to heal.

While Ranger Evelyn has gotten my Emblems previously, Iā€™ve decided to keep my Emblemed 5* at +4 and focus on 4* instead for the Ranger, Sorcerer, and Cleric classes where Iā€™ve previously used Emblems on 5*.

Triton is my next Ranger focus, but I came up short by 1 Emblem to give him an initial Talent node.

Bog Witch Stew

After many months sitting at 3-60, Skittleskull has become my current green leveling priority, and got a nice boost on progress from the 3* Trainer Hero.

2 Likes

Server load

Click for trend

If I am reading the Discourse.org forum correctly, server loads caused them to switch to lazy loading as of Dec 2018

This means images are only loaded as they scroll into view , rather than being loaded as soon as they appear anywhere on the page, even if they arenā€™t visible to the user yet.( linky, linky)

In the latest builds of Discourse, we now lazy load large images , no extra components or plugins are necessary. If you scroll really fast youā€™ll see a blurry low-res version of a large image as a placeholder. Itā€™ll look something like this

Itā€™s not just about your bandwidth, itā€™s about unnecessarily loading the server/CDN.(linky, linky)

As @falco linked above, the trend is towards more just-in-time asset delivery.

2 Likes

@Gryphonknight

Click for trend, yes, but they're not that smart yet

I conducted a test, which demonstrates that while images are lazy loaded on scroll, collapsed detail sections count as ā€œin view.ā€

• I created a new post on an existing test thread in the Staff/Moderator portion of the Forum. The post was number 22, so it can be readily off-screen for lazy loading testing.

• In the post, I included an image from the Discourse CDN of the Trials of Nature Guide.

• In a Chrome browser, I opened DevTools to the Network tab

• I loaded the thread with the top post URL, and confirmed that the CDN image had not been requested nor loaded by the browser

• I scrolled to the post with the image in the collapsed details section; I did NOT open/expand the collapsed section

• I confirmed that Chrome DevTools Network log reported the loading of the image from the CDN when the post was scrolled into view, despite the collapsed image

• I confirmed that the CDN image listed was the same one I had embedded in the post

• I confirmed that no new additional network activity nor file requests were recorded when expanding the in-view details summary block

tl;dr They use lazy loading for images in posts on scroll into view, but the lazy loading is based on the post being in view, not whether the image is functionally visible. So detail blocks wonā€™t reduce network/data load.

2 Likes

Translation:
!-- Remark, I say Meh ā€“

So that is how to hide 20 charā€¦

1 Like

Things you would have already known if you were friends with @Hrairoo (and had read the 90 posts of shenanigans about this).

4 Likes

@yelnats_24

Say what?

2 Likes

Shenagigansā€¦

1 Like

No need to sweat. But you might need to perspire a bit with some of the shenanigansā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

A notable difference between last time and this is that my Mel is now on his way to being maxed.
My Tibs is now 3/60 and i could have brought him for a rainbow, but i wanted the heal that Mel gives and Lianna.

4 Likes

Document your code

Click for documentation

Actually you can hide more than that.

Usually after each [details=Click] or [/details] I add a description.

Example
<!-- Remark, purple 4* heroes -->

This is helpful because the detail sections are usually long and I often nest multiple detail sections inside each other. So being able to identify the beginning and the end are very helpful when editing or quoting.

FIN

4 Likes