🧪 The Beta Beat (V58) – New Beach Party Event and Heroes, Untold Tales, Balance updates -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Beach Party Heroes

Balance update

Aether Reset Token

Untold Tales

Season 1 costume

Construct heroes

Journey heroes

Opera heroes

Path of Giants

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Earlier Beta contents

New Season 3 Costumes

New Jungle Hunter heroes

Styx heroes

Bard Heroes

Season 1 Secondary Costumes

HotM Costumes

Abyss Hunters

New Mighty Pets Heroes and Event changes

Journey Heroes

Season 1 secondary costumes

Tower of Magic

2023 June HoTM:

New S5 hero:

New Ninja heroes:

2023 July HoTM:

Season 4 costumes

Hotm costumes

Dark Contest of Elements

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V50 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:calendar: Beta Schedule

Beta Name Status Open Closed
Beta 1 Testing Ended THU 27.4. TUE 2.5.
Beta 2 Testing Ended THU 4.5. MON 8.5.
Beta 3 Testing Planned THU 11.5. MON 15.5.
Beta 4 Testing Started WED 17.5. MON 22.5.
Final Beta Testing Planned TUE 23.5. FRI 26.5.

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V58 Beta Testing Cycle

April 27, 2023.

• Beach Party event and heroes
  • Big Balance update

May 4, 2023

• Update on Big Balance update
  • Untold Stories

May 11, 2023

• Update on Big Balance update
  • Sartana double costume is arrived

May 17, 2023

• Untold Tales Summon
  • Path of Giants
  • Constuct, Opera and Journey heroes
  • Untold Tales heroes update
17 Likes

A New Seasonal event arrived to Beta.

And the “Big Balance Update” which affect 200+ heroes.

We also got the Aether Reset tokens for testing.

20 Likes

Beach Party Event!!! Hell yeah! :joy:
Can’t wait to see new heroes in bikinis with beach balls and umbrella drinks!

13 Likes

Yay, it’s time for the inevitable aramis nerf
:sob:

3 Likes

This will be interesting to see where this goes

5 Likes

soon there will be seasonal event monthly

4 Likes

Balance update sounds both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

3 Likes

Here is the topic about the balance updates:

4 Likes

If the aether reset token is not actually obtainable ingame, it’s about as good as non existant. So what, we’ll get one freebie and maybe one extra from time to time if we happened to have LB’d a hero that gets nerfed?

This goes a long way to explaining the lack of creativity in the latest costumes.

HOPING that this aids the laggards meaningfully. Am in @g8slord 's camp, exciting and terrifying.

4 Likes

wow. I mean, summer is already related to the beach, and the Rana/Yunan/Roc costumes are already kinda beach-y… but ok, I understand, SG/Zynga need to create more seasonal events so we have one per month, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’m OK with that. Decent rewards vs. time invested.

5 Likes

Sand Empire event will be absorbed by this new event. (At least the portal will have Sand Empires heroes too)

13 Likes

Ah thank you for clarifying, appreciate it!

1 Like

So, we’ll have 2 summer seasonal summons?

1 Like

I had a feeling that’s what was coming when you posted Beach Party. Thanks for clarifying. Nobody was pulling in Sand Empire anymore, I suspect.

5 Likes

any words on kalevala?

1 Like

As I expected, just like the existing hero reset token, only support can grant it. Not surprised.

5 Likes

Kalevala will certainly be for v59 after. One seasonal event at a time, don’t you hurry too much, they need to stop making bugs :grimacing:

9 Likes

my bad, for some reason i thought kalevala was the next seasonal