|Hero of the Month||Hero of the Month|
|Resists: Minion Effects – This Hero has an innate ability to resist incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.|
|Special Skill: Aquatic Outbreak|
|All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully
Note: this is an old image of Vela. An updated one will be added when available.
|Or: Where can I get this Hero From?|
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.
As Vela has been released for between 12 & 24 months, she can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (December 2020 & December 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
She can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).
Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.
More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion
|Avoiding Overspending & Heartache|
|Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?|
|Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.
It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.
You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).
|# of Summons||
|Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM||Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM|
Putting that in Perspective
If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending
- 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending
- 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending
- 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
- [WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Initial Release Thread: Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)
Beta Information Thread: 🧪 Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)
Emblem Path Thread: [help] Emblems on Vela?
Buff Request Thread: Buff Telluria and Vela (or give proper compensation)
This or That Threads
- Master Lepus or Richard or 2nd Magni or 2nd Vela?
- Vela or wait for Magni?
- Richard vs vela
- Alby or Vela... Class Questions
- Vela vs Kadilen
- Second Vela
- Nerfed Vela or Costumed Richard
- Second Vela or Richard
- Vela or Finley - First ascension?
- Vela post nerf advise
- С.Magni+Lepus+Kiril or Magni+Vela+C.Kiril?
- Ariel, Vela Richard, Miki, Perseus: which to ascend?
- Vela vs Richard (with costume)
- Vela or Magni for telescopes
- Ariel or Vela
- Again, advice needed for next 5* blue (Vela, Missandra, Magni, Richard)
- Aegir or Vela?
- Vela or Arthur?
Balance Change History:
- May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes
- Version 31 Release Notes & Status
- October 2020 Balance Update - Details
Other Discussion Threads: