Vela or Finley - First ascension?

Hi,

I have both Vela and Finley.

Both are almost at final ascension. Who is a better hero to ascend first ?
I have only 1 Hero ascension material.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

In my honest opinion, it would really depend on who else is in your roster. And who else is in your lineup/ team.
But my view, given the recent nerf of Vela, I would focus on Finley first
Whichever hero you choose, good luck

Just for your reference - thanks again :slight_smile:

I would still focus on Finley first. Good luck

Finley is the strongest blue hero when not the strongest hero in the game. So ascend him first.

3 Likes

Although I love Vela, Finley is the go-to guy.

Another vote for scary finley

Vela. You have Telluria and I am sure you will be ascending him as he is still good offensively. Even with the Velluria nerf, the GTV (Gravemaker-Telluria-Vela) defense configuration is still solid. You need Vela to reduce the potency of red stacks attacking your Telluria if you plan to make her as tank. The absence of GM in your roster may be best filled with your Black Knight, following the red-green-blue core defense. Finley is only good once the enemy team has effected their buffs. Otherwise, a flanking Finley fires early only on a single enemy and won’t chain his attack since most of the enemy heroes may have not activated their skills buffing their entire team.

But if you don’t plan Telly to be ascended, then go Finley.

After the nerf, Vela became a very weak hero. I bitterly regretted exalting her.

I mean I love Vela and all, but Finley is just crazy awesome, and definitely the best ice hero in the game (imo). So my first instinct was to say him, but after looking at your roster, idk…

The only problem I see [with that] is Seshat and him competing [with each other] for emblems, whereas I see no other viable Druids [in your roster].

So if that’s the case, then it may be best to have Finley wait it out, as those mats will eventually find themselves [back] in your inventory again. & By the time that that happens, you may have enough emblems to give to Finley after Seshat. Plus, Vela is the best flank to Telluria, and she’s pretty solid offensively too, so not a bad choice for maxing or embleming :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nonsense, Vela is still dangerous and definitely not a “very weak hero”. I still dread when she fires her special and I can’t cleanse my team.

2 Likes

So Telluria is becoming a constant in my team - with her I’ve heard Vela does the trick…on its own it seems Finley. But if Seshat and FInley both use the same emblems - that would be an issue - the question would then be Seshat or Finley and I guess Seshat would win the round.
But individually Finley is a better deal but i wont have enough emblems there.
Bending towards Vela then I guess.
Will give it some more time…