Is Vela still the best Druid?

Is Vela still the best druid to have now with all the new changes?

I think “best” is subjective, but I think she is still very good yes. This “nerf” is actually a buff (in my opinion). It hurts me as I typically do not stack reds against Vela/Telluria and now that her attack down affects everyone I need to rethink my approach.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if a costumed hero counts, but cKadilen is pretty good. She’s technically a Sorcerer in her costume but you have to feed her Druid emblems. For me, she’s a close second to Vela.

5 Likes

If costumes count then Vela had always competition in c-Magni.

But yes, it’s pretty subjective. You have guys/girls like Zimkitha and Alberich, who may be more valuable for some people. Especially Alberich with his revive.

4 Likes

Freya is a winner for my Druid emblems…

1 Like

In my honest opinion, I think it’s down to individual rosters and personal choice.
My view is that Vela is really good even after the nerf.
But for me I prefer my costume Magni to play alongside my Telluria

1 Like

Among blues master lepus is probably the best one.
Among others it depends if she’s part of your defense or not. If not then I would say alby, Zim, freya or Kadilen are good candidates among the 5* stars.
Among the 4* stars Melandor and Caedmon comes to mind.

1 Like

She never was. Alberich and Zimkitha have always been better.

5 Likes

Surely for defence, debatable for all the rest.

People already stated a good list, and i have to add my Guardian Gazelle on that.

3 Likes

Zim has my vote … but also don’t have Vela

1 Like

Lets not forget Master Lepus

4 Likes

Vela got completely ruined. I’ve fought her in raids and she doesn’t even dish out more than 100 damage on her initial attack. It’s a complete joke. SG went way too far with their “adjustment.” I’ve been fuming mad ever since this happened.

4 Likes

Lost 3 raids in a row because of her getting down the attack of all team. Makes the difference for 3 shields not killing a hero with low health (-34% attack) and making that same hero (like Joon, Seshat, etc) fire his special and kill your hero.

It depends. e.g.: for blue titans I’d prefer Brienne :sunglasses:

I wish my Boss Wolf get a buff and he would shine again.
During the purple tank era, I was the only one in the alliance that use Boss Wolf as the tank.
I loaded him Druid emblems to node 14 with defense stats above 850 and 1500+ HP.
As the stats used to say, Boss Wolf was one of the best tank in the past and players always
underestimated his very slow mana speed.

Sadly, after Vela was debut and then Telluria came, I had no choice but to retrieve all druid emblems from Boss Wolf and pour to Vela instead, and eventually run Telly tank to match with my alliance friend.

1 Like

It looks like if only half your alliance have Vela, then she becomes questionable in war. Make three attacks against Velas with three reds each. For the other three attacks, attack nonVela with a different primary color. Someone pointed out seeing some players at top moving Vela to wing. Assuming those are players who care about leaderboard, it’s probably a temporary measure until they move emblems off Vela. I don’t think the changes make Vela desirable enough on offense for most accounts, so she can’t get emblems if there’s an alternative to her on defense.

I think what @Atrippr means is for druid emblems usage, so Costumed Magni do not count because he use Fighter emblem but Costumed Kadilen count becauae she still use Druid emblem.

Right now, most of my Druid emblems are sitting on Gullinbursti

1 Like

Mine is on Costumed Caedmon+20, Costumed Melendor+20 and the rest still in Vela.

1 Like

Not sure whether she still is the best druid, but I think she is still the best blue flank in wars. So yes, you shouldn’t remove her emblems!