ℹ Vela – 5* Ice/Blue - January 2020 HotM

Thanks for giving Vela a chance to come back to the fight! How about Telly now?

I think Vela could be strengthened even more - maybe 170% damage for all enemies (as it was in the original version)? Either way it’s nice to see that she’s getting some sort of return to her old abilities at all - pity it’s so late.

I have a very strong fondness for her as she was my first HOTM (unfortunately I didn’t manage to get her up to 4/80 before her nerf ;/). I never got to enjoy her full power :frowning:

i use her with kiril costume, still very good overall. I am glad l gave her emblems again.

of course more damage is welcome but she is useful for me so far

She currently looks like this:

1 Like

Here’s what I found today. Even limit broken Vela can’t kill Waterpipe’s minions except for the red hero’s (extra damage). Next turn, those survived minions will hit your heroes and their mana wll be reduced. Nyx, Hypnos and new ninja’s 1st skill (4~6 tiles) can kill all of those minions but Vela (7~8 tiles) can’t do. I thought she could be good for dealing with Waterpipe cause she has resist minion effects, but she can’t kill them. So, I stopped feeding her that I earned from Fated Summon.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for testing this out. I have a Vela and needed this question answered cos I dont have any of the newer Styx or new Ninjas. Not likely to see Waterpipe much in wars cos Im too low down. But i do come across some in raids. So, been thinking about maxing my Vela. May i ask what is the troop type ? Will that make a difference?Especially if its a lvl 29 magic, will a lvl 29 mana troop make a difference? Also, trying ninja troops could be interesting. Cos it seems like theres only a small amount of health remaining. Maybe that’ll be difference

1 Like

That’s not my test. I found it in youtube. I checked their troops. That Vela’s troop is 30 magic and Waterpipe’s, too. I don’t think some attack boost (mana or ninja troops) can kill those minions. Those survived minions hit your heros and their mana was reduced. After that, minions got Vela’s water damage (maybe 72~77) and they were still alive. BTW, this is just my guess, so do not believe it. AMs are rare and precious. I can’t use it for Vela cause I’m not sure if she can kill WP’s minions by one shot.

Check these vids.

(1) +20 & LB Vela

(2) +20 (not LB)

2 Likes

Thank you. Ill check these out

Her hero card now updated with the january balance update.

1 Like