🔵 [Aug 21, 2019] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 7th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2.5 hours earlier at 4:30:00 AM (04:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from. Do you have any available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

5 Likes

Skittle is fully leveled now (as opposed to 4/41 last time) and I got a few more emblems for my purple girls.
Had to use mana on Kiril to keep the Debuffs away and all damage items I brought along, but I made it through with all heroes alive.

After this trial I brought Sabina to +19. Don’t know what to do after +20, since Quintus isn’t maxed and Skittle doesn’t really deserve emblems. I don’t even use Skittle in wars, only leveled her for trials and the very specific “4*, no red, very fast mana” Raid Tournaments. Though I propably give them to her anyway and reset If I get a better hero.
I’m still waiting for the costumes to come out. Maybe I can grab a better sorcerer that way.

8 Likes
  • Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

Our Lord and Savior Proteus kept them neutralized while I was setting up the board for choke amounts of purple tiles because I was packing a 4-1 purple blue team. The one was Ulmer. This is my roster this time:

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from. Do you have any available, and did you bring any on your team?

My healers are just Belith and Hawkmoon. :pensive::pensive: No Kiril or Sabina sadly. Sabina is on my alt though.

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

Hell yeah I brought him on my main. I aim to grab him on my alt hopefully.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

Just swapped out Jhangir for Ameonna this time and I am enjoying the change.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

I would say didn’t really change the difficulty. Just made it more fun.

• What items did you use, if any?

Didn’t really use any items, maybe an arrow or two.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

The wizard ones I am saving for Ulmer’s next few nodes. Sorcerer I am saving for Gill-Ra.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Still not high enough to do stage 3 sadly.

• Anything else interesting to share?

Nothing of note atm.

9 Likes

I have to say, my team’s looking a lot better than last time:

Don’t have a pic of last time, so this’ll have to do. Also updating troops some more yay.

Still way too healer centric for me, but that’s how my bench developed. I started leveling Skittleskull for this particular challenge and partially for the Rogue/Sorceror one coming up. Second Kiril was mostly for blue stacks and wars, and while I would’ve preferred something along the lines of an Isarnia, double Kiril is better due to functionally countering the bosses and being either strong or neutral to the enemy mobs.

Big Kiril died, sad to say, but overall did much better than last time.

10 Likes

Kiril - Sartana - Mitsuko - Hel - Onatel

10 Likes

Mitsy came in for the 2nd Proteus and got maxed just in time yesterday with 2 nodes. Sabsy died from the bosses, but it was an easier one, even though I got no strong stacks here. Merlin had breakfast and the emblems will be kept for Mitsy.

Boss battle…

8 Likes

my favorite of be Trials, simply because of my A team: Proteus, Kiril and Sabina together give me a fairly easy win. Skittles and Jahangir contribute with some nice damage and effects. as usual, Jahangir dies in the last stage but not before firing.

Emblems to Proteus and Sabina. I have no 5*s in these classes so will bring my Purple death squad to +18 or so, then send some emblems to Kiril and Skittles.

Purple trainer to Seshat, who is crawling along the last 10 levels or so before being maxed and emblemed

8 Likes

Going in with Onathel +8 flanked by MLF+8 and the Cat 4:70 with Proteus 3:37 and Anzhog 2:44 on the wings. I don’t have healers so will rely heavily on Onathel to soften the enemy.

6 Likes

Same team
Last time Proteus was 4/1

No items used
Screenshot_20190821-230204_Empires
Lucky to get a purple diamond, saved Proteus for when the mana stop ran out after his first hit

3 purple tiles and Proteus’s poision killed off Quitus

6 Likes

Same team as last time, though Onatel finally got the darts. On the bench: Ameonna, Merlin, Natalya 3.70.

Got to the bosses with everyone ready to go, though I lost two diamonds in a cascade just prior. I remembered to use a bomb for attack debuff purposes (Proteus and Sabina are fragile). Same strategy as before, use Proteus and Onatel to tie up Balt and Quint and let Ulmer suicide on Mitsuko’s buff.

Strategy worked well, I had good boards. I didn’t use any mana pots this time. Emblems go to Onatel and Mitsuko, the trainer goes to Panther.

5 Likes

Kiril + Proteus.

Kiril + Sabina.

Absolutely.

Only level and emblems.

Old Team:

New Team:

Easier.

Nothing.

It is going to Kiril + Ameonna.

None yet.

This is the first time I complete the last stage without using any items.

8 Likes

Going with the weak colours was nuts. As always, Gill-Ra is impressive and bosses are still crying because Hel and Proteus didn’t let them fire.

Everything goes to storage, until I collect enough emblems to take Hel to the next node.

I think I will level up my 2nd Proteus just because mana freeze is a great skill. Another trial which won’t give me trouble again

6 Likes

Team composition:
Proteus #1 (talent + 6)
Proteus #2 (maxed)
Kiril (maxed)
Sartana (talent + 3)
Sabina (3/60)

Finished all 3 stages without breaking a sweat. Having two Proteuses is awesome. Bosses just could not fire their specials.

5 Likes

Sabina, Kiril, Proteus, Onatel and Sartana.

The trash waves are slow, but it’s safe on the bosses.

3 Likes

Same team as last time:

Based on all these “I didn’t use any items” posts, I definitely have serious Proteus envy lol. I thought I was doing great right about here, but I got stingy on my mana pots and lost Sabina and Kiril lol:

Overall my fight didn’t go too bad, some bombs and mana pots were used. I crossed my fingers and threw three purple tiles at a fully charged Quintus hoping that would do the trick and, thankfully, it did:

The purple 4-stack makes me very nervous but I really don’t want to throw my few shields and gloves at Skittles or Kashrek.

Holding on to the emblems and trainer for now.

5 Likes

This worked :grin:

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

For the third time in a row:

I used no items, and didn’t bother saving Sabina from repeated slash attacks. The Bosses never fired.

Shiny New Emblems

Sabina stepped up once to +14, but Kiril fell short of stepping up.

Hungry Hunter

Seshat ate the Trainer Hero, stepping up to 4-54.

8 Likes

Last Time I was only at stage 2.

Now I think it’s worth to try, because *3 trainer is so valuable.
With this Team:

*) wshoops, I forget to change my new *4 pruple crit troop.

OK, I use 1 heal, because Sabina is so squishy, and use 4 axes each one each step for savety.

Sabina die eventually, but no problem as the other support well so far.

In this trial, Anzogh is not so helpfull, little damage and little heal. Well because he is at 2.60 (but skill is 8/8 maxed), anyway…

:tada: OK, Trial of Mysticsm done! for the 1st time.
Emblem Wizard for Proteus, Socceres keep for Sabina.
Trainer keep for Seshat after at tier 4, currently at 3.67.

10 Likes

My player level is 26 so I could only complete the first 2 stages. Will go for the third on all trials once I get to 30.

5 Likes