🔵 [Nov 18, 2020] Trials of Mysticism – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 20th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Mysticism Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions
6 Likes

The past times I have been using the following, and it can be very slow because usually Ulmer dies, then I am stuck with just trying to use tile damage, and using 3x Purple on 2x Purple bosses is sloooow.

Sartana / Proteus / Costume Kashhrek / Lotl (3/70) / Proteus

But I will today try a new team:

Vanda +19 / Proteus +18 / cKashhrek / Lotl (3/70) / Jean-Francois +7

5 Likes

C quintess 20, vanda 5, zeline 19, c Kirill, sartana

4 Likes

Simple. No items used.
No reset token again.

7 Likes

I managed the first two stages with what I have to work with :sweat_smile:

Which are

Balthazar
Graymane
Grevle
Kiril
Hawkmoon in Costume

Good luck to all :four_leaf_clover: :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Team:

Yeah three weak colors but I went for the fun factor and this team was tremendously fun indeed! Do I set off Proteus first so I can unleash board hell on the bosses? Or do I fire Mitsy first and force Ulmer to commit seppuku? Or even better yet, do I fire Alfrike and make everyone commit suicide together?! Choices choices choices man, all good and none bad! :smiley:

Actually what ended up happening was I dragged out the battle way longer than it needed to be because it was so much fun seeing bosses whack each other (Alfrike) and Ulmer hitting his dumb self over and over again (Mitsy). Used Proteus in between to work the board to get the tiles I needed to charge Mitsy and Alfrike over and over again. :rofl::rofl:

Item tally: two healing pots

Emblems and trainer saved.

5 Likes

Same team

I think its a little too easy with 2 of Proteus, took a while, but easy

Balthazar got to fire as i forgot i had 2 Pro’s lol

All loot saved
5 minutes later, i could of used C Kiril :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::rofl:

8 Likes

Trainer to Kage.
Blems stocked up.

6 Likes

Completed quite easily using same team as last Trials of Mysticism …
Costume Kiril, Proteus, Onatel, Jean-Francois and Sartana

2 Likes

I beat it doing my new Do Whatever The Heck I Want Challenge. :laughing: Here’s the team:

I forgot the before shot. Melendor, Kiril, and Fura are +20. Skittles has no emblems. Quintus is stuck at +9.

I dropped Sabina and added Quintus. I needed to try and do some damage at least even if he is purple. I favored C Melendor and Kiril for their D boost. This would offset Ulmer and defend against notoriously strong slash attacks on this level.

Went fine, didn’t lose anyone, minimal item use. 1 medium health pot, two small mana, 3 small antidotes for D down.

Trainer to Guillinbursti, no good wizards so emblems to back, shaman building to W’s next node.

Still not the most fun quest due purely to my hero options, but o well.

:beers:

9 Likes

I remember these days of not having heroes to do even the 2nd stage of a lot. Now I have enough, so keep at it, it will become better and easier

4 Likes

Same team as the last time

Great board all through, as a result all the bosses were mana stasis.

Trainer saved, wizard’s would add up to take Hel to 19th, sorcerers to Skittles.

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

So, now I would try to use other then 4*, but for synergy and better strong color, I still use 4* for this trial, and hope to get better with this new setup.
Other option
2020-11-18_18-22-25

Battle

Decent start board, 3 of heroes mana ready.

Great synergy,… Melendor died, but still without using items finished :muscle:
I think this team is better then before.

Reward

Emblems both stocked for now. Trainer for Onyx.

6 Likes

Took this maybe could of used a bit more fire power? Used some mana

Wizard guin sorcerer in storage trainer renfeld :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Not really hard, but the bosses do hit hard with their slashes.

Used 4 small mana to charge proteus when I ran out of purple matches. Kiril and Melendor kept everyone alive.
Not sure about the value of merlin when proteus is also present; I tend to either fire merlin too late (esp. when a match gets unwanted cascades following), or too soon (when those cascades are anticipated and don’t happen). Maybe next time skittles in and do heavy green damage?

Trainer to proteus 2 (at 4/something), emblems on the pile.

7 Likes

This trial lacks hitters for me too, but congrats on Zeline! She’s awesome and hard to get!

:+1: With Almur’s D drop and Skittles natural high value, special aside, that’ll add up quickly. Good idea IMO.

:beers:

4 Likes

How kind of you to chip in, thank you so much :slight_smile: And yes, one step at the time, I’m just happy I can do just a bit of it. Good luck to you :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Tried with my purple 3:1:1 - long story, short, awful board. So I nuked them, when they started giving me a hard time. Kirill will go to +20 soon, and I have 494 sorcerer emblems with no hero who could use them. Trainer to Zulag.

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sartana +6
  • Shredder Kiril +20
  • Proteus +18
  • Wizard Melendor +20

Sartana is up a talent. That’s it.

Same story as always with this team. Damage is slow in coming - Kiril helps - but never in any real danger of dying. Slogged through the mob waves, and entered the boss wave with all specials charged, but not a particularly good board. Fired Kiril, Proteus, and Sartana (at Ulmer), and held the other two. As usual, Onatel and Proteus controlled mana the whole fight. Balthazar and Ulmer fired on the same turn (really thought I was gonna be able to take out Ulmer before he fired, but he must have had about .5 HP when he did. No worries, as a green diamond refilled Melendor’s mana to counter the ailment. Ulmer fell, and ultimately, Onatel put a double-whammy on Balthazar and Quintus (who never fired) for the win.

Just short of wizard emblems for Sartana’s next talent. Already have enough sorcerer emblems to take Almur to +20 when I get him maxed, so I decided to invest some sorcerer emblems in Chochin for three-star events and tournaments. Trainer hero goes to Zulag. As Almur should be maxed next go-round, I’m thinking about a green-heavy lineup that might speed things up next time… or not. We’ll see if I’ve got the guts to try it.

4 Likes