đŸ”” [Aug 05, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 17th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time
I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions
2 Likes

I have such slim pickings for this, and mostly purple, which was tedious last time to kill the two people bosses

Sabina
Proteus
Proteus
Fura
Skittleskull
Kiril

1 Like

No “vanilla” challenge for me I don’t think

I’ll have a go on stage 2 and decide from there lol

Would have to use:
Sabina - Sartana (+18) - Costume Kashhrek - Skittleskull - Costume Melendor

Also have Kiril I could toss in.

Benched would be Norns, Onatel, Proteus Lady Locke, Morgan Le Fey, Merlin + Issy & Victor at 70.

4 Likes

Don’t have a lot of choices here.

Proteus / Sabina +20 / Sartana +10 / Kiril +12 / Jean-François +5

Could have brought Skittleskull, second Kiril; second Proteus on his way.

It went fine. Towards the end, I had used my healing and mana, but bosses were at minimal health, so I let two specials go off, so I lost Proteus and Sabina, but easily finished.

Trainer for second Proteus, sorcerer emblems are being saved, wizards either Sartana or Jean-François — hopefully get Ursena at Atlantis to reorganize my defense to not have 2 wizards

3 Likes

Same team
Last time Ursena was +14 and Ice Witch was +7

Nice board

Awesome board in fact

Proteus kept them at bay, and finished with a double kill

Trainer for Gazelle
Emblems, not sure yet
But about to take my 2nd Proteus to level 4

6 Likes

cKiril+6 | Ursena+12 | Almur 4/70 | cMelendor 4/70 | Proteus+19

Almur replaced Merlin 3/60, used cKiril instead of vanilla version since it’s much superior IMO. Proteus went up a talent but before the final stage.

The first two stages actually gave me just enough emblems to add one more talent to Proteus, but this was the absolutely game-changing 2% mana bonus node. I spent a lot of time and resources pushing my purple mana troop to lv 17 just for Proteus, and it was soooooooo worth it.

Being able to charge in 9 tiles meant Proteus went off often enough to keep Ulmer in check. cKiril’s attack and defense debuff made Ursena hit extra hard while making the slash attacks less dangerous. Between his attack debuff and cMel’s defense buff, when the board ran dry and I couldn’t get Proteus charged in time, my team managed to survive three (!!) direct hits from Balthazar. Ulmer never went off once thanks to Almur’s green debuff. Ulmer was the first to fall, followed closely by Balthazar.

By this point I could’ve used two bombs to finish Quintus, but I really wanted a clean sweep so I pushed on. A slightly unfortunate cascade saw Quintus go off, but that didn’t matter and Ursena blasted him to within an inch of life, while Proteus gave him the final lethal dose of poison.

Item tally: none :grin:

Wizard emblems already consumed by Proteus, sorcerer emblems banked until I get enough hams to put another talent on Ursena. Trainer saved.

4 Likes

No items used.
Stocked everything.
No reset token.

They killed icy Isa early
 :cold_face:

8 Likes

I no-Proteus-ed last time, so I’ll keep Proteus in this time @Muchacho @Guvnor

Also dropped Sabina for Skittleskull (strong against Ulmer, and I hoped Kiril would be enough healing).

Final lineup: Sartana, Isarnia, Kiril, Proteus, Skittleskull.

Trying to conserve items, so
 good start, went into the boss stage with all specials charged. Killed Ulmer just after he fired, and Balthy before he fired, with some tile cascades.

But things went south when the tiles dried up and Quintus fired. Proty and Skittles were wiped out, and slash attacks finished off Kiril and Isarnia. No way was I going to spend 75 gems for a continue OR waste the WE, so I resurrected and mana-potted Kiril only to get Sarty going again

and JUST managed to kill Quintus before he could fire. This has been my closest battle in a while!

Sorcerer emblems bring Skittles to +11 (Sabsy 1 is +20, 2 is +11). No other Sorcerers around.
Wizard emblems banked for Sartana (to get her to +4, additional Fighter talent activation for her costume); Isarnia is +4 now.
Trainer to Obakan, my only Purple project while waiting for more Trap Tools.

6 Likes

ok so I forgot I have Kashhrek costume + Lady of the Lake (3/70)

Proteus +18 / Sabina +18 / LotL (3/70) / Costume Kashhrek / Proteus

I used 1 health and 1 minor mana.
My second proteus almost died in the first wave or second, can’t remember. I wasn’t paying attention and so I had to use the health lol.

Bosses were easy enough but just slow with me having no hitters.

4 Likes

Completed with same team of:
Kiril, Proteus, Onatel, Jean-Francois and Quintus
Used a purple banner and some minor mana

4 Likes

Kiril+10, Sartana+18, Mitsuko+18, JC and Isarnia-Costume.

Good fun, Mitsuko reflected Ulmer’s skill 2 times.

3 Likes

Classic heroes challenge accepted despite being quite lackluster.

All was going well, then the board dried up, got some Kirils got dead because of Jinx special skill from Balthazar, and I was in heaps of trouble. So I used mana pots and bombs and axes to make it through.

Benched Proteus and Guin.

Forgot print screen but I did make it just by using battle items.

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sartana 4^80
  • Shredder Kiril +20
  • Proteus +18
  • Wizard Melendor +20

Thought I’d try something a little different this time, bringing Wizard Melendor instead of Skittleskull. That lets me leave Kiril in costume, because Melendor can flip Ulmer’s defense debuff. Since this trial is a little light on hitters, I thought Kiril’s defense debuff to the bosses might help. Also, Proteus is up six talents.

Mob waves were quite easy, and again, I fouled up the last wave, failing to re-charge Proteus before the bosses. I did, however, leave a yellow diamond with a ton of yellow tiles on the board, many of them right under Balthazar. Good boards throughout, and after my initial screw up, I was able to keep Proteus charged and active for the rest of the fight. Since the yellow tiles gave Balthazar a head start on charging his mana, he did fire, hitting Melendor, but you see, he is Melendor the White, so he shook it off like a balrog in the Mines of Moria. Ulmer also managed to fire before dying, and I didn’t have Melendor charged for a turn or two, but no one was really in any danger there, either. Quintus never fired. No items used; no heroes dead. Boards were exceptionally good, so it was hard for me to judge whether this was truly an improvement on my previous lineup or not, but I think I’ll try it again, anyway.

Skittleskull goes to +18 with sorcerer emblems. In her cleric costume, she’s been great for class trials. That’s as far as she’s going, though, so I’ll be hoarding sorcerer emblems for a while until I max either Norns or Quintus. Not enough wizard emblems for anyone interesting. With Proteus now at +18, I’m debating whether to go back to Onatel +7 (who is on my defense team), or leave off that expensive eighth node for a while and bring Sartana to +7. Her sniper hit just isn’t what it used to be in the age of emblems. (Opinions on the best course of action are welcome.) Trainer hero goes to Gafar.

7 Likes

No challlange without Proteus or S1 heroes.

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change
 only minor troop, well actually I forget to use one Kiril-C instead of regular.
Other Option
Screenshot at Aug 05 19-53-27

Battle

Good start on boss, all mana charged.

Double Proteus & double Kiril rules, all bosses zero mana, clean victory :muscle: :+1:

Reward

Soccer emblem keep later for Ursena (need so many for +19), Wizard also keep stocked for now. Trainer goes to
 also keep for now, maybe later for Clarissa or Killhare.

8 Likes

My team:

Norns replaced Anzogh.
I used a healing potion in wave one since the mobs kept targeting Isarnia while I couldn’t charge up Sabina.

The new emblems will go to Norns and Isarnia.

6 Likes

Brought in Kashhrek for Sabina, to double up green against Ulmer and reduced dark heroes in the team vs bosses with 2/3 dark.

Anyway it’s about my least favorite trial, only Hel does direct damage
so
slow grinding battle.

!

Trainer to Clarissa, wizard ‘s to Hel, sorcerers’ saved.

6 Likes

Almur+10/C-melendor +12/C-kiril+4/merlin+10/proteus+18

last time was skittles 3/60 for almur, regular kiril and less emblems for proteus.

Easy-peasy, no items used. with attackdown from ckiril and defenseup from cmelendor, quintus’ hits are not so bad.
trainer to sabina, emblems saved.

5 Likes

Worked out nice. Defense and attack were always down.

6 Likes

I used Alfrike’s with mana pots. Just for fun. Kiril kept her alive in the meanwhile. The rest of the team was to fill the vacancies.

2 Likes