🔵 [Jul 01, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 16th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions
4 Likes

I am pumped. This will be the first Wizard trial now that I got Fura maxed and +11. I have lacked hitters, we’ll see if she improves this. :crossed_fingers:

Good luck to all!

6 Likes

We should try a no Proteus challenge for this trial for those of you with him. I would be curious to see how everyone’s adjustment to that goes as he seems to be everyone’s go-to if you have him. I swear I’m not jealous ( :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

Olé

6 Likes

Well, as you can imagine, the final bosses couldn’t help but die…

I would say that Kashhrek’s and Melendor’a costumes are new for the trial and yes they helped.

Clarissa gets the purple trainer, she’s above 4/50 …

5 Likes

Right @Muchacho , let’s do it. Not everyone is lucky enough to have Proteus. Vanillas unite - time to show the world that vanillas can handle most of the game content :wink:

This is the first time I’ve benched Proteus (don’t worry fin-face, I still love ya).

• Kiril for the twin buffs and heal
  • Sabina for even more healing
  • Isarnia (not-Elsa) to pile on the pain after Kiril fires
  • Skittleskull to combine with Kiril’s defense buff for even more survivability
  • Sartana (not-Maleficent) to hit really hard

… and some Titanium Shields for fun. I mean, I don’t use these things on Titans, my alliance only manages 3* and the occasional 4* Titan, so I have a stockpile :wink: Have to make it fast, doing this before work.

Entered boss stage with everyone fully charged. Kiril > Isarnia > Skittles > Sartana on Quintus, he is probably the most dangerous. Trigger a Green diamond. Ugh, replacement tiles all bad. Balthy fires, then Quintus, then Ulmer. Sabina heals. Balthazar fires again. Isarnia is hanging on by a thread. Mana potion on Kiril to heal and buff. Ulmer hits me again. Dang. Quintus is about to charge.

Fine, time for the nuke. Titanium Shields on my whole team. Quintus goes bye bye, and Balthy’s attack on Sarty reflects.

The rest of the battle is short. Make a couple of Purple matches; Sabina heals, Sartana murders Balthy, Ulmer hits me again. Isarnia finishes that upstart off.

Wizard emblems in the bank for not-Maleficent, who is 4/70 and will be brought to +3 (not-Elsa is already +3). Sarty also gets the Purple trainer.
Sorcerer emblems in the bank. Sab +20, Skittles +6, Sab 2 is +6, so I’ll sit on them for a while.

10 Likes

Same team as the last time,

It was a little long battle, 3 healers and Hel beimg the only direct damage dealer.

With red and yellow not featured in my team, I didn’t expect the board to be favorable.

Weren’t those slashes so strong! Used all 5 mana pots and some minor healing pots, kept the bosses on near complete mana stasis as possible but when out of pot, Balthazar broke through to finish off Kiril who was half way gone anyway due to slashes, even with the alternating def buffs from Mel and Kiril my 4" s were like 3*.

Trainer saved for now, Sorcerer still piling in the inventory approaching a thousand mark, Wizards’ going to Hel, should push her up another level. When she is done, then would stat to give consideration to our dear Prot.

6 Likes

Kiril Kashhrek Sartana 3/70 Sabina +20 Skittleskull
No yellow so maximum slowness :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t need items with this team:

No reset.
Trainer 4 Roostley.
Emblems in stock.

Boss battle:

8 Likes

Same team, but last time Ice Witch was +6
Ursena was +11

Slight dilema before boss fight lol

So saved all that carnage but kept Proteus loaded

Pulled down the red gem and all hell broke loose :rofl:

Proteus kept them from firing this time

Trainer for Joon, emblems saved

6 Likes

I was going to bring Satana instead, i would of if had read this first :rofl::rofl:. Next time :+1:

4 Likes

Two emblemed Protatoes on the bench, nevertheless no items needed.

4 Likes

Kiril+3 (original with costume bonus)
Sartana +18
Mitsuko +18
Jean Francois
Isarnia-C

Good fun.

3 Likes

Completed all three levels with Proteus, Kiril, Jean Francois, Onatel and Quintus (instead of Anzogh From last time).
Used one banner and one mana potion

4 Likes

I have completed the trial with

C.Mel - Proteus- Kash - Almur and Ursena

Sorcerer emblems to keep for 8 node of Ursena 125 needs lol ! (or better give them to almur?)
Wiz emblems to JF which unlocked node 3 and trainer for second proteus

6 Likes

This was the team for the first two stages:

I then thought Kiril and Fake Gandalf were playing weird together. I also thought I needed more damage somehow. I yanked Kiril and inserted Skittles as I felt Fake Gandalf is the better healer of the two for this. This also got me a 3-2 stack, my preference, and another damage dealer with decent tile damage, even if it is weak on red mobs.

Stage 3 team:

It worked pretty well, I won. It was a tough fight. Board started and ended decent, but there was a stretch in the middle that was rough. Skittles A drop was helpful. Ghosted Ameonna had some slashes go her way too :laughing:

I ended up using 9/10 healing pots, 4/5 mana pots, and 2 bombs. Not bad I guess for me. I usually end up nuking them so at least that’s progress. The bombs were much more for A drop more than the “they need to die” panic button. Axes would have worked too for that.

I usually dislike this trial, but it was fun this time tinkering around and seeing success.

Ameonna went to +17. she is stopping at +18, after that Quintus gets them as weird as that sounds to +7 at least. Fura went to +12.

Good luck out there!

8 Likes

Team:
Made something a little different. Removed the mana controllers at the request of @Muchacho

Totally kicked ■■■! Was easy with the boosted HP from Kashhrek…

Rewards:

No reset token. Wizard emblems still in bank. Sorcerer ones for Lady Locke.

9 Likes

Will try this team out wirh no proteus…:thinking:

3 Likes

Good luck @Mallix! I bet you got this still. @Guvnor seemed to get it, but admittedly seems to have a stacked roster.

I put the challenge out there as Proteus seems to be a crutch hero. He is great, but some times I think people get lazy in general and “just use Proteus”.

:beers:

4 Likes

To be fair I only said Proteus. I am not sure if there are other shaman or wizard mana controllers. There aren’t on my roster, but that doesn’t say much :laughing:

If I knew it was this easy to get requests I would have done this a long time ago! My next request is to give me Proteus please :+1: I am not greedy, I will take a maxed one with no talents. :ok_hand:

3 Likes