🔵 [Dec 4, 2019] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 10th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 1.5 hours earlier at 5:30:00 AM (05:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

2 Likes

No items needed.
Trainer for Ursl #2.
Guin up to +5.
No reset emblem.

Team:

Boss battle clip:

6 Likes

Big change with my latest draw Proteus. I immediately leveled him up all the way and gave him Sartana’s emblems. Now with 3 turn mana cancel every 9 tiles the bosses stand no chance.

Now I have to start on Sartana again. The other emblems will either go to Quintus or my other new summon Ameonna.

4 Likes

Same team
Last time Isarnia was 3/70
Last time Ursena was 3/70 but i had Satana in at 3/70
No items used, wooo!

Nice board to start

Got the d down dude first

The electrician was next

Grey mullet was shocked to be standing alone

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

As usual, double Proteus plus two healers makes this one pretty easy. I just used one single Minor Mana to fire Sabina for healing when she wasn’t ready in a timely fashion.

The second Proteus got picked off by slash attacks toward the end, but it didn’t matter by then.

The Bosses never fired once.

Shiny New Emblems

Merlin finally gets to step up to +1, but Ameonna is 2 Emblems short of +8.

Endless Rigard

After leveling Rigard #1’s Costume and Rigard #2’s Costume, I’m now leveling Rigard #3 (no Costume), before I move onto his Costume too.

So a Trainer Hero is a nice push along the way, so I can eventually move on from leveling Rigards of various sorts.

8 Likes

It’s good, that I started to quote my own postings for the team the last time - so I saw, I had to pay 75 bucks and I can avoid it this time :smiley:

My team last time:

Okay, I decided against carpet bombing, but took Mana pots instead of antidotes with me. That was a good decision. With Proteus always up it was no problem then.

Trainer goes to my 2nd Rigard.
Emblems are stocked, only 22 wizard emblems atm and no good sorcerer…

7 Likes

same as last time, with maybe a few more emblems. All 4*s, only items needed were a few mana potions to keep Proteus charged and to heal as needed

very happy with this team

4 Likes

That’s my team for this one. Can’t remember the last. The final bosses… I used 2 bombs :bomb: and 2 dragons :dragon_face:… Kept all the specials up for the bosses… Took out Ulmer first and Quintus last. Quintus did fire once but it didn’t matter cause there was so much poison damage going on with both Sartana and Proteus

5 Likes

My Last Last Team

My Team This Time

No change, but all maxed now.

The Battle

All mana charged, good start, no items used so far.

3 healers and Proteus Merlin is so easy, 5 minor mana and 3 mana used for Proteus.

Reward

Emblem Wizard, wait 1 more emblem for Anzogh, as he is my tank.

Emblem Sorcerer, keep later for Ursena.
Trainer goes to Gafar.

8 Likes

But Anzogh doesn’t do much damage (and then not much heal) on the bosses :frowning: only ~90 points, I think. Works better on the waves…

2 Likes

There are no other better choices. On my bench: Ursena (2.60), Skittleskull (3.60).

Just a references deal damagae Anzogh, without Kiril buff:

Around 147-158 points.

Next, Anzogh with Kiril buff:

Around 192-200 points.

Now, we compare with Merlin (buff Kiril).

Only 180 VS (Anzogh minimum is 192), and Merlin only hit 1 opponent.

I think Anzogh is still great choices based on my roster so far, I know Merlin do mana eraser, but still.

3 Likes

Thank you for the comparison pics! I use him, too, bust mostly in raids in a red stack with Boldie, Wilbur and Falcon and there he deals a good amount of damage, around 300-400 each. I think, the def of the bosses here is just to high :confused:

1 Like

I think if we bring BT-Wilbur-Falcon-Anzogh… it should also deal around 300-400.
Kiril is lower then BT buff, and plus def down wilbur which is hug different, plus falcon red.

1 Like

@zephyr1 just a heads up, I ran into this problem this morning:
IMG_2823

Not sure if this was intended by SG but just a warning for people who are using costumes, it looks like you can’t un-equip them and use the hero in their normal form for Trials if you’re using them in a raid tournament. I can see this happening more for 3 and 4* tournaments.

Edit: I wonder if this affects the Challenge event too

2 Likes

…true for war defenses as well. You cannot change it then.

1 Like

The greyed out Quin and the message would let me think, that it is the intended behavior. Sadly.

2 Likes

No items used. The new emblems will go to Hel and Quintus, the trainer hero went to 3rd Proteus.

3 Likes

Yes, it was intended. They designed Costumes to only be able to be set to equipped/unequipped across all teams, and if you use a hero in a Raid Tournament or War Defense, you can’t change the Costume until the Tournament or War ends.

There was an in-game announcement about that when Costumes launched, pointing to this message:

The “confirmation to ensure…” that they mentioned has been released, that’s the Equip button that gives this popup:

There’s an idea post to change how this works: [Suggestion] Treat costumes like troops, locked in/equipped per team

2 Likes

Was so tempted to do this…

But common sense prevailed

Had to use some small health potions on skittles as struggled to get LotL charged against bosses. But no real problems.

5 Likes