🔵 [Jan 8, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 11th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 15 minutes earlier at 6:45:00 AM (06:45 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from — even more so now with Costumes. Do you have any healers available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

5 Likes

Ya kidding me… Trials and a challenge event???

Cue complaints of:
These people need to get their act together!!

2 Likes

…every time. :thinking:

6 Likes

My team:
Zeline+17, Victor, Ursena+15, Kiril, Sartana

as same as before Kiril and Victor really helped keeping my defense up, but victor died at the end of the fight

Emblems will go to Zeline and Ursena
Trainer hero will wait for the Guardins event to summon and hope i get Gazelle or Panther

Reset Emblem NO

9 Likes

Following is the team I used. Two antidotes used for Ulmer, otherwise pretty smooth sailing with Proteus blocking the bosses. Trainer hero hoarded. Emblems went to Balthazar and Chochin for use in 3 star tournaments. :slight_smile:

The proud recipients of the emblems. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Sartana-Kiril-Anzogh-Quintus-Proteus. This team has seemed to work well for me. It covers a lot of bases (sniper, healers, AoE, attack/def buff, mana control).

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Double Proteus, so :man_shrugging:

Two Minor Healing Potions during a slow start, but no items after the first Wave.

Second Proteus got slashed to death the very last turn before I finished off the Bosses. They never fired once.

Shiny New Emblems

Wizard: Balthazar stepped up to +3. The rest are queuing up for Ulmer.

Sorcerer: a mix of my existing inventory plus the new ones brought both Gill-Ra and Chochin from +0 to +3.

All Purple

In keeping with the dark themed team and Emblem recipients, Rigard number 4 got the Trainer Hero.

12 Likes

My team isn’t that bad for this but I am waiting for bomb attacks to be crafted before trying it. I don’t remember if I did it last time

Edit
I noticed I had worse troops so changed them… oops lol

I will soon do Cheshire cat and replace ulmer. 2 Proteus is helpful… even though one is 3/60.

8 Likes

Guvs Trials - Mysticism

Team Last time

[No screen shot apparently again…]

Team This Time

Added Costumed Melendor in the place of Kiril.
Liked the defence buff and healing over time for a greater amount (no dispellers on the enemy)

Other Options

Wizards

• Isarnia - 3/70
  • Kiril - 4/70
  • Merlin - 4/70
  • Kashhrek - 4/70
  • Victor - 3/25

Sorcerers

• Lady Locke - 3/70
  • Sabina - 4/70
  • Skittles kill - 3/60

Battle

As usual, autoplayed stages 1 and 2 without losing a hero.

Video of final stage battle:

(Forgot to start recording at very beginning…)

Rewards

• Reset Token - NO
  • Wizard Emblems - into pile… Not sure who for (183 now…)
  • Sorcerer Emblems - 147/150 to take Morgan +3 nodes
  • Trainer - Fed to Cheshire Cat (3/27)
10 Likes

Team last time

This time I replaced Skittles with Sartana.

Lost Sartana due to not paying attention (she’s still young at 4-13), still very easy to subdue these bosses with 2 Proteus.

Trainer goes to Sartana, saving wizard emblems, sorcerer emblems take Sabina to +18.

9 Likes

The teams are almost the same, only Kiril and Proteus switched the amount of emblems and Sartana got her first node :smiley: No problem at all, but it’s no real fun to go 3 purple against 2 purple bosses, but Skittles (3/60) is still no option…
Proteus is king here, but Quintus always casted his talent skill against my poor Lord Fishface :frowning:

Team last time:

Team this time:

Trainer goes to 2nd Sabina.

Emblems…same question as every time. Too many good wizards, not enough good sorcerers in my roster. I think I’ll emblem Proteus up. And sorcerer…maybe Sabina. Or stock them for Ursena, she’ll be my next 5* project in purple after 2nd Sabina.

6 Likes

No items, no cast, no prob… :wink:

Gaffar trained, emblems saved.

10 Likes

Same Team as last time, some emblems more, maybe. Kiril+7, Guinevere+4, Sabina+15, Proteus 4/69, Skittleskull+7
Finished the bosses mainly with feeding Mana-Potion to Proteus keeping them quiet, while having enough healers with me to heal the normal damage. Used some dragon storm, I love the DoT. Used also 1 hour glass. I probably did a mistake, not keeping any emblems for Proteus, who soon will be maxed. Mulling over it to maybe use a red coin to set back one of the heroes, but I also love Sabina now at +16 and Kiril at +8 for Tournaments and Challenges. 3* trainer went to Grimble, now at 1/15.

7 Likes

Changed it up this time, Proteus took the bench and I went Sartana (replacing Proteus), Kash (felt bad for the poor bench warmer, plus he fit right in this one), Mitsuko, Hel, Kiril.

Went extremely smoothly, even the boss rounds. Mitsuko did her job, I let Ulmer fire to teach him a lesson. Used 3 medium Mana for Hel and Sartana did her thing.
I believe the trainer went to Ursena but she’s been eating almost anything alive so it’s hard to tell.
No reset token…as IF…

9 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, only Anzogh is +3 now.

The Battle

All mana charged, good start, no items used so far.

3 healers and Proteus Merlin is so easy, 5 minor mana and 2 mana used for Proteus.
Merlin and Proteus died, but that was almost all boss has little HP and I’m not pay attention.

Reward

Emblem Wizard stock for a while, and Soccerer keep for Ursena later.
Trainer goes to Gafar.

8 Likes

This is going to be interesting, mainly due to Teltoc showing up on the heels of this trial, and I got an elemental chest… but it’s Ice.

Of course Recruits 2 also shows up. Need to finish the ice chest first.

Edit: Got the ice chest done, then the trial. Time for bed.

2 Likes

Only 10 minor mana allowed, you did better than you thought!

3 Likes

Oops, okay… edited… thanks… yup I thought I was used 15 minor mana… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is my strongest Trial team-wise, because 4 of my 7 maxed 5-stars are Wizards (which admittedly doesn’t make embleming much fun).

My team: Anzogh+2, Onatel+3, Sartana+2, Isarnia, Sabina+19.

I probably could have gotten away without using any materials, but ran into some bad luck in the boss battle and used 2 mana potions on Sabina, to heal the team.

6 Likes