🎅 Krampus -- 5* Ice/ Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santa’s Challenge Hero in 2020 - Krampus!!

Krampus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Sorcerer
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
taunt Taunt At the start of each battle, this Hero gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the Hero’s allies for 3 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Scourge of Joy
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster
  • The Caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 3 turns.
  • The caster gets +44% defence, and a further +10% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All allies get +50% attack for 3 turns
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +5% / +10% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Krampus from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Krampus?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Krampus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Krampus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Krampus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Krampus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Krampus?

• What heroes would you take when facing Krampus as an opponent?

• Would you give Krampus Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Krampus’ special?

• What do you think of Krampus’ character design?

• If you Summoned Krampus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Krampus, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Krampus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Krampus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Krampus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Krampus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Santa’s Challenge (Winter) Hero Threads:

Beta Information Thread: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Christmas Heroes (Santa's Challenge) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V33]

10 Likes

Feedback Poll - Krampus (post release)

:question: Is Krampus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Krampus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Krampus’ Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Maker
  • Taunter/ Ally Protector
  • Attack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Krampus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Krampus’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Krampus worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Krampus is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Krampus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

I just noticed the stat buff from the original version to the release version of 852 def and 1468 hp. That’s higher def & hp than Telluria, Heimdall and BK. Seems like SG really is trying to shift to meta away from Telluria. Probably won’t be enough to shift the meta to blue tanks tho unless the next blue hotm is also a good tank.

edit:
Haiku dedicated to Krampus:

Ol’ Krampus

Look how he grimace
Like a cramp in the p3n1s
    Utmost Ugliness
6 Likes

it wont shift the meta but its moves like this hero that will eventually open it up.
Hes going to be a good to great tank, and I really like him. Probably smart they made the taunt dispellable and the defense buff undispellable.
I really like him and now Blue should have a very good tank. I’m totally down with diversifying the hero ecosystem.

8 Likes

True. The problem with Krampus as tank is he doesn’t harm an attacker which is huge. That said however, he is the best thing going for blue tanks maybe aside from Rumple who will be rarer.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping I get him. Have been keeping scopes so have enough saved up to ascend if I do.

Have not received any ehts yet since end of Halloween event though so I am going to need to get very lucky. Will be keeping all gems from now till last day of event then do as many pulls as I can.

2 Likes

Scopes ready.
My MN needs a mate for the defense.

Apologies in advance if this question has already been posted before elsewhere in the forum.
Need to clarify something:

• If Karmpus’ undispellable Def up is active and a normal Def down is then casted on him, what will his Def buff/debuff status be?
1 Like

undispellable means un-overwriteable too, so he’ll keep his def buff in that scenario

7 Likes

So, I would assume the word “RESIST” will pop up when a normal Def down is casted on him
 :thinking:

2 Likes

yes something like that

1 Like

Good luck @Kilted :+1:

I hear Krampus comes with killer gingerbread cookies :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Nothing happens (no text or anything). :slight_smile: just keeps the existing debuff.

1 Like

Do we know where his defense buff caps? These scalable buffs/ailments always have a ceiling.

1 Like

I think it was @DaveCozy that checked it in the beta thread. Memory not working currently but I want to say it was either 74 or 94?

6 Likes

I want him, but I also want MN and Santa with him.

Rush Attack tournament/war def:

MN - Santa - Alfrike - Krampus - G.Owl

Maybe you could even switch around Krampus and Alfrike. 3 heroes summoning minions with 20% hp and 20% attack at vfast.

Thicc. Solid. Tight.

6 Likes

I would love Krampus but I have no interest in MN or Santa. I’ll probably just use a few tokens since I want Frosty for tournaments

5 Likes

Krampus is too strong for me. Especially if the tank is hero in defense, he will be stronger, but will Telluria, Kadilen (c), Frigg be removed from all defenses? I don’t think so. Because Krampus is not a bonus, most players have no chance of pulling, and the drop rate is very low. For now, the best blue tank is the Aegir, but it is not forcing that hero as a tank anymore. So defense tanks do not change :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No need to pull this hero. Comes once a year, very few people will have it so it will not be the the top tank. Probably even worse war score having Aegir as tank for those who don’t have Krampus. Other colors all have better substitutes.

More opportunities of getting Black Knight. So just get that instead.