I need your feedback!
I’ve made a habit of posting a discussion thread for each new HOTM and Event Hero as they’re released, with basic information about the hero.
The most recent example is: Kingston – New October 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts & Discussion
The main intent of those threads is for initial reactions and discussions, ahead of the more player-specific conversations that eventually take place in #gameplay-help-tactics in the endless “who should I level” and “what team should I use” threads.
Several Forum members have brought up that it’s distracting and/or frustrating to see Summons result posts amidst those conversations. They argue that the posts don’t add to the discussion about the hero, and seeing other people’s luck can be both annoying and misleading for fellow players, as the odds for getting these heroes are extremely low. They’d like to see these posts live elsewhere.
In contrast, many other Forum members clearly feel it’s appropriate and relevant to share Summons results in these threads. And lots of people react to the posts with likes and comments.
And from a logistical standpoint, barring a lot of moderator intervention, it’s difficult to prevent or move these posts.
What to do?
I think there are several possible options, so I’ve created this thread to seek feedback.
Please vote in this poll, and discuss below. (I’ve also moved the most recent discussion about this from the Kingston thread to here as a starting point.)
- Go with the flow, and rename the threads to include “Summon Results,” so it’s clear those posts are on-topic
- Forum members should flag Summons Results as off-topic, and hide them
- A moderator should manually move these posts to another thread, e.g. The Ridiculous Bragging Thread
- A separate thread should be created for each new hero specifically for sharing Summon Results
- Just stop creating central discussion threads, and let people create threads as they see fit
- This really isn’t important to me, I think it’s fine whatever is done
- Something else, I’ll tell you in the comments
To add my thoughts on those, I personally think that it’d be ideal to have straight celebration posts live elsewhere, probably in The Ridiculous Bragging Thread.
But I’ve also been resistant to both the heavy-handedness and the time investment of constantly moving those posts out of the discussion thread. As I said once before in discussion about this, I frankly have other places I’d rather spend my time.
Modifying the title and intent of the threads would certainly be the easiest/fastest solution.
I’d like to see what others think, and how important this is to Forum members, to decide how to resolve it.