🎅 Mother North -- 5* Nature/ Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

Mother North

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Cleric
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Christmas
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Super Porridge
  • Recovers 30% health for all allies.
  • Each fallen ally has a 50% chance to get revived with 10% HP.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +2% / +3% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

February 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Mother North?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Mother North.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Mother North and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Mother North worth summoning for?

• Would you use Mother North on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Mother North?

• What heroes would you take when facing Mother Northas an opponent?

• Would you give Mother North Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Mother North’s special?

• What do you think of Mother North’s character design?

• If you Summoned Mother North and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Mother North, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Mother North when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Mother North, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Mother North (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Mother North), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads:

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Santa’s Challenge (Winter) Hero Threads:

Old Mother North Thoughts/ Discussion Threads:

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Mother North (post release)

:question: Is Mother North worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Mother North would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Mother North’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer
  • Minion Maker (meat shields)
  • Reviver

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Mother North compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Mother North’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Mother North worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Mother North is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Mother North is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

No one has posted in here but I have a question about who to level next. Mother North 1.1 or zeline, Kingston, heimdal, zocc, kadilen, Elkanen and tarlak.
I have Evelyn, frigg, lianna, lady of the lake and telly maxed. Francine and Gregorion at 3/70.

1 Like

Tarlak for titans and the tile damage (I’m levelling him although MN is next for ascension) that’s what I would do.

You have plenty of good opportunities just think about what’s more important for you, more survivability, more damage, more sniping, more synergy with Evelyn… Zeline is very interesting in defense. Kadilen is not impressive enough without her costume to compete with the others. Heimdall is not an emergency since you have Telly, same for Kingston (you have Lianna).

1 Like

I highly recommend MN. I have Albi fully maxed at 20 nodes. I’m never out of a fight as long as he is alive. MN is the same way.
LotL is a very good healer, but she is more suited for events to control boss mana. Unfortunately she’s not as strong defense/health wise to be dependable in PvP situations (I have LotL at 19 nodes)
MN can turn what looks like a sure loss into an runaway win.

3 Likes

I’m so happy for finally gain her, but at same time a bit sad cuz I have a lot of greens to level up, Kingston, Ratatoskr, Chameleon, 2 Liannas, Elkanen and Mother waiting the tonics, I have only 3 so probably I’ll finish all of them only in the next planets alignment😭

9 Likes

I pulled Mother North and Gefjon on the 25 of December with the free tokens they give us.I been wanting her for a very long time. I fought against her in wars and raids and she can be a game changer. I feel very lucky to have got on a single pulled.

6 Likes

Can anybody post their MN talent path? Do you go health and then defense to enhance the minions? The first tree was easy (health & def) but then you get a lot more swords after. Thank you

2 Likes

Here you have the max stats of MN in both choices:

1 Like

It took me three Decembers to get her last January using 40+ EHTs, appearing on the 2nd to the last EHT available. No Bertila that affair but glad I nabbed her. She has been serving in my second monogreen team as healer/reviver for wars, slowly embleming her up.

Her revive skill is not to be ignored since she has the highest rate among the 3 existing ally reviver in the game. Like my Alberich obtained way back in 2018 as a featured hero in Atlantis, she is valued as a healer, minion summoner and reviver, serving as a safety net in raids and wars. A game changing hero she is.

5 Likes

to those who own her, do you use her on offense? Do you think she is still relevant on defense without costume?

i use her on defense, she’ll always be relevant

on attack i use her sometimes, she saved me few battles from a guaranteed loss

2 Likes

I use her whenever I can on offense and defense. I LB her . Reviving has saved me more times than any single special in my roster . I’m pretty c2p and I landed her free on event pull. She is my most valuable hero and there are few nature heroes I could pull to even consider swapping her out . I obviously dont have a heimdall or alberich. Choice is yours but I find her useful always

1 Like

I have been using MN on offence alongside of Lianna, Kingston, Lady of the Lake, and Evelyn.

Let me just say, Mother North has saved my ■■■ plenty of times, bringing back Lianna or others to help me kill the enemy. I love taking her on offence.

2 Likes

The hero card is updated with the november balance update related to Elf minions.

2 Likes