🧪 Early Information on Santa's Challenge Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the costumes for Santa’s Challenge.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 3 new Costumes being tested in v43.

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Krampus – Holiday Prankster
  • Santa Claus – Hard Rock Santa
  • Mother North – Holiday Sweater Enthusiast

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

Krampus — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Krampus

Costume Krampus — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 819

Attack: 658
Defense: 880
HP: 1558

Class: Rogue
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Merriest Mysery

• Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster
  • The Caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +50% defence for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 4 turns.

Santa Claus— Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Santa Claus:

Costume Santa Claus — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 791

Attack: 650
Defense: 835
HP: 1467

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Gift of Rock

• Deals 135% 150% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies get -24% attack for 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -54% defense for 4 turns.

Mother North — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Mother North:

Costume Mother North — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 787

Attack: 596
Defense: 846
HP: 1552

Class: Monk
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Hyper Porridge

• Each fallen ally has a 55% chance to get revived with 15% HP.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

Changed in V36.2 of Beta, the Non-Season 1 Costumes impart a DIFFERENT costume bonus to what is applied to Season 1 Costumes.

Here we have difference costume bonus than the Summer Event Heroes.

Stat S1 CB Summer Event Hero and HoTM CB Halloween and Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 3% 2%
HP 10% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 1% 1%

Costume Bonus Progression:

Stat Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Max
Attack 0% 1% 1% 1% 2%
Defence 0% 1% 1% 1% 2%
HP 0% 1% 2% 3% 4%
Mana 0% 1% 1% 1% 1%
NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes are retaining their family bonus.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

Hero Academy

The new legendary heroes and costumes are added to Hero Academy 10 as a possible result.
So most likely they will be added in the live game too once the new costumes will go live.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

25 October, 2021

Costume Santa Claus damage is increased from 135% to 150%

14 October, 2021

New costumes arrived to Beta

:calendar: Release Date??

These new heroes will most likely arrive with the Santa’s Challenge event.

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

I thought with Frank getting a costume, we’d see a 4 star with a costume here too. And I thought Carol would be a prime candidate…nope.

Costumes are uninspiring. Takes the base hero, tweaks the numbers and maybe one or two other words.

Nevertheless, I have 35 EHT and expect to use them all.
I guess I want Krampus since he’s one of the three I don’t already have. Or would I rather buff my Mother North who I already use a lot?

17 Likes

Yeah. I was expected 4 star costumes too :frowning:

I see the same. Just some percent adjustments in most cases.

7 Likes

Yeah these just seem like minor changes. I was really thinking the minions would turn into fiends but I guess not.

5 Likes

Costume Santa gives all enemies -54% defense for 4 turns versus regular Santa giving -44% for 3 turns. That is pretty huge! -54% defense is extremely rare (currently).

From what I remember of the damage calculation (damage roughly proportional to (att/def)^1.3, the damage increase
from -44% is (1.0/0.56)^1.3 = 2.1x
from -54% is (1.0/0.46)^1.3 = 2.75x

so that is a pretty giant difference.

6 Likes

Santa’s costume also seems to get bulky. I wonder if his defense can hit the quadruple digit range

4 Likes

Mother North reviving (at a high percent) and then healing is pretty big. And bulkier.

8 Likes

no costume for buddy and especially the useless carol ???
cmon i would spend thousand $$ for them, guess i will have to spend this money on myth wars puzzle instead

5 Likes

They are keeping the trend of having the new costumes very similar to the vanilla, just with a clearly stronger effect.

4 Likes

I’ve been chasing MN for 2 years now. Her costume looks awesome: revive first (higher % rate and initial HP than vanilla version) and then heal-over-time.

Krampus costume gets an upgrade too: 4 turn taunt (versus 3 turn vanilla version), and BK style of progressive attack boost.

Definitely will be pulling for MN and Krampus this year.

6 Likes

No carol costume…no minions for her :confused:
Can Santa at least get back -34% attack down? -24% attack for a slow hero is way too low

Well that MN costume is… fun. :sweat_smile: Already one of the things I hate to face in rush tourneys, so let’s see how it goes on the ol’ summoning front for her come xmas. costume krampus sounds like a blue BK, with a better emblem class in rogue over BK’s barbarian, so i would definitely like to get that! Time to save the summoning tokens again!

3 Likes

Omg now we have the first taunter that can dodge specials. It will be interesting when December rolls by

1 Like

The -24 attack is to compensate for the higher defense down. You can choose which you value more. For me Santa would be a Titan hero mainly and I can replace Wilbur for the defense down.

3 Likes

I don’t really have an issue with any of these costumes.

Santa is still his slow self. Most likely will only be seen in VF format and vs titans which is still his main usage just now anyway.

I’ll happily trade facing the undispellable scaling def up on Krampus for the 50% instead and rogue evade it’s not like he will be doing a costume kad and dodging the dispell.

MN does have a really good increase for the rev chance. But in just the same way as now she dies first, she will continue to in the future.

I’ll still be keeping my ehts for spring instead

2 Likes

Disappointed about the absence of non-legendary costumes. They do look reasonably balanced, for a mercy. I don’t have a single Christmas 5* so will be having a moderate punt at the portal.

7 Likes

cmon SG you still have time to make a costume for buddy and/or carol

12 Likes

Maybe they could do something about Buddy’s teeth. I would pay a lot for that.

5 Likes

Still a noob and I am looking forward to getting a chance at some of the wonderful Christmas heroes that I face in war/raids for my very own roster! And if I’m lucky enough to get a 5* it will have a shiny new costume! Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Where’s Costume Buddy?

7 Likes