🧪 Early Information on New Christmas Heroes (Santa's Challenge) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V33]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Christmas Heroes & Family Bonus.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes for Existing

There are no balance changes to the existing Christmas Heroes at this point. Santa Claus, Mother North, Buddy & Rudolph remain same, just with the family bonus (read below).

:stop_sign: Portal Updates

As with the previous Seasonal Events, the Christmas Seasonal Portal has recieved a small revision in the portal odds. See below table of comparison:

Old (2019) New (2020) Change
Rare Classic Hero 64.0% 56.8% - 7.2%
Epic Classic Hero 23.3% 20.8 - 2.5%
Legendary Classic Hero 0.9% 1% + 0.1%
Rare Seasonal Hero 8.0% 14.2% + 6.2%
Epic Seasonal Hero 3.2% 5.7% +2.5%
Legendary Seasonal Hero 0.6% 1.5% +0.9%
Bonus Draw - HotM 1.3% 1.3% -

Legendary Christmas Heroes (5*)

• Krampus - Male - Ice/ Blue (NEW)
  • Mother North - Female - Nature/ Green (RETURNING)
  • Santa Claus - Male - Fire/ Red (RETURNING)

See below for mostly useless beta information on each hero.

Krampus -- Click for Beta Information (extremely likely to change)

Krampus Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 802
Attack: 694 667
Defense: 836 852
HP: 1434 1468

Class: Sorcerer
Family: Winter
Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Scourge of Joy

• Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster
  • The Caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • The caster gets +44% defence, and a further +15% +10% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All allies get +30% +50% attack for 3 turns.

Epic Christmas Heroes (4*)

• Buddy - Male - Nature/ Green (RETURNING)
  • Carol - Female - Fire/ Red (NEW)

Carol -- Click for Beta Information (extremely likely to change)

Carol Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 674
Attack: 624
Defense: 646
HP: 1357

Class: Sorcerer
Element: Fire :fire: (Red)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Perilous Present

• Reduces the mana of the target by 25%
  • The target receives a Gift Bomb.
    After 3 turns, the Gift Bomb explodes and deals 405 damage to the target and 202 damage to neearby enemies.
    After 3 turns, the Gift Bomb explodes and deals 312 damage to the target and nearby enemies.
    The Gift Bomb also explodes when the target is dead.

Rare Christmas Heroes (3*)

• Rudolph - Male - Fire/ Red (RETURNING)
  • Frosty - Male (?) - Ice/ Blue(NEW)

Frosty -- Click for Beta Information (extremely likely to change)

Frosty Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 475
Attack: 441
Defense: 523
HP: 783

Class: Rogue
Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Joyful Backup

• Recovers 32% health all allies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster
  • All allies get +30% defence for 3 turns.

Family Bonus

Christmas Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2%/ +5% +5%/ +10% health for Minions
  • +2%/ +5% +5%/ +10% attack for Minions

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

28 Likes

A blue tank it seems :slight_smile:
Thank you for writing those.

4 Likes

Carol’s gift bomb is interesting. any way to remove it I wonder?

Krampus indeed seems very tanky!

Frosty looks interesting too. I like the minion theme for all these heroes.

someone else said it elsewhere - forgot where - but really good that these heroes are being beta tested now, before the Halloween event goes live. now i can decide how to ration my EHTs!

2 Likes

I am already seeing Krampus and GM all over meta … Thankfully Krampus will be rarer than Telluria, though with everyone saving EHTs for X-mas, who knows.

1 Like

Yup, it’s the same mechanic as used in Jack’s Pumpkin Bomb. It is a status ailment and can be cleansed before it explodes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A new blue tank. Looks ok. Taunt is strong and he will be good. But probably will not shake up the meta like Telluria.
Good addition but nothing overwhelming especially with the odds stacked against getting him.

3 Likes

Do not agree, he is only decent now.
For me, he should be like BK, but for defence. His defence buff should be on all allies.

3 Likes

Not really interested in the new heroes but the boost in MN summoning odds (from 0.3% to 0.5%) is more than enough for me.

9 Likes

Compared to new Morlovia and Springvale, I can say xMas new heroes are decent, best for maps for season 3, sturdy minion heavy.

1 Like

Nice - I will take one each of Mother North, Santa Clause, Krampus, Carol and Frosty.
That’s all I want for Christmas …

14 Likes

I’m happy about both the new heroes and the summoning odds!

Wonder if the Halloween odds are going to be better.

2 Likes

Dear Santa,

I’m really looking forward to Christmas event!
I have been good this year (mostly!).
For Christmas I want just one Krampus.

Love, Sorvina.
:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Why carol dont summon minions like the other ?

5 Likes

yeah I agree with that. That’s what I suggested personally to give him a buff.

Even if his defense buff goes on all allies though, I doubt he’ll be as good of a tank as Black Knight. What makes Black Knight a good tank is Just a Flesh Wound preventing defense droppers from exploiting him.

Krampus will still get shut down by defense droppers, just like Aegir does. He’s going to be a high tier tank at best, even if buffed. I don’t see him being top tier myself.

He will still be a very good hero for offense though. Taunt is useful there at baiting skills to help keep your team alive, and his stats can certainly let him take hits.

5 Likes

Sonya ruins BK’s day of honor, and then C.Magni+Lepus just kills him.

As Caedmon will ruin Krample.

1 Like

Holy… christmas.

Dear devs, seriously?
This is what a Krampus looks like:
grafik

Such a nice guys needs to be a BIG damage dealer…
I mean, something like 200 ugliness damage for 3-4 rounds should be the minimum!

8 Likes

Correct, but BK you’re forced to bring a dispeller. You can’t just ignore Just a Flesh Wound as it can really waste skills on him otherwise, thus forcing you to bring a dispeller. This will be more of a problem in wars theoretically (though red tanks never took off again).

Krampus is even easier to counter than Black Knight though. Caedmon certainly helps, but you can even bring Grimm or Tiburtus against him and flip his defense buff. Since he has no chance to drop damage taken to 1, you can easily pick him off with skills afterwards and that also gets rid of Taunt.

IMO that makes Krampus even easier to counter than BK, since you have more options.

9 Likes

Do not agree. For me, best BK counters is Onyx, Mist and C.Sabina. Just force him to waste his turn is better than dispel buffed one.

Dispelers is close second. But I cannot remember 5* blue dispeler AFAIK.

5 Likes

Oh yes… there are buff blockers now too. That also means Malosi would work.

New ways to counter him indeed have been introduced since his initial release. I keep forgetting that.

All those would work on Krampus too.

Really seems like Krampus is just an inferior BK right now.

6 Likes

Frida dispels. Also if you have Malosi that’s another strong counter.

2 Likes