New Santa’s Challenge (Christmas) Hero in 2020 - Carol!!
|Special Skill: Perilous Present|
|All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully
Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:
- +5% / +10% health for Minions
- +5% / +10% attack for Minions
Changes from Beta
There appear to be no changes to Carol from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.
From #beta-beat thread:
What do you think of Carol?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Carol.
Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Carol and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is Carol worth summoning for?
Would you use Carol on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Carol?
What heroes would you take when facing Carol as an opponent?
Would you give Carol Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
What do you think of Carol’s special?
What do you think of Carol’s character design?
If you Summoned Carol and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Carol, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*
|Avoiding Overspending & Heartache|
|Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Epic Hero?|
It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Epic Hero.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 58 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 30
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 104
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 160
Putting that in Perspective
42 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 30th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 420,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero
5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 104th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 104 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
- [WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
- Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon
Other Santa’s Challenge (Winter) Hero Threads:
- 🎅 Krampus -- 5* Ice/ Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter) (NEW)
- 🎅 Mother North -- 5* Nature/ Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)
- 🎅 Santa Claus -- 5* Fire/ Red from Santa's Challenge (Winter)
- 🎅 Buddy -- 4* Nature/ Green from Santa's Challenge (Winter)
- 🎅 Frosty - 3* Ice/ Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter) (NEW)
- 🎅 Rudolph - 3* Fire/ Red from Santa's Challenge (Winter)
Buff Request Thread: Buff Carol -- She needs minions