🎅 Santa Claus -- 5* Fire/ Red from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

Santa Claus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Santa’s Challenge Christmas
Image Aether Power Description
mana-boost Mana Boost At the start of each battle, this Hero receives a small amount of mana over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Ultimate Gift Sack
  • Deals 200% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -44% defense for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +2% / +3% attack for Minions

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

February 2022

November 2022

June 2023 (Big Balance Update)

November 2023 (2nd Balance update)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Santa Claus?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Santa Claus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Santa Claus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Santa Claus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Santa Claus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Santa Claus?

• What heroes would you take when facing Santa Claus as an opponent?

• Would you give Santa Claus Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Santa Claus’ special?

• What do you think of Santa Claus’ character design?

• If you Summoned Santa Claus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Santa Claus, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Santa Claus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Santa Claus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Santa Claus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Santa Claus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads:

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Santa’s Challenge (Winter) Hero Threads:

Old Santa Claus Thoughts/ Discussion Threads:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Santa Claus (post release)

:question: Is Santa Claus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Santa Claus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Santa Claus’ Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Minion Maker (meat shields)
  • Attack/ Defence Debuff

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Santa Claus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Santa Claus’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Santa Claus worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Santa Claus is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Santa Claus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Is he worth leveling?
I have maxed tyr,Falcon,BT c, sumle, colen,scarlet and marjana at 3.70 sitting there and 6 rings.

We use blue tanks on war so he could be nice flank or is he too slow for a flank?

Still everyone has marjanna but santa is santa buehuehuehue

I rarely face him now anywhere. Maybe some rush tournaments. His debuffs are powerful but when you see him on defense you just automatically take cleanser with you and it’s uncommon not to have a cleanser ready by the time Santa Charges.

I think his times are gone. I have 12 rings and would still hesitate to max him if he appeared. Maybe for my titan team to replace Wilbur…

Nah, Santa is not going to replace Wilbur on titans simply because Wilbur debuffs 44% defence. And also Santa has really aged badly debuff wise if you have c kiril (which I have). So I’m going to take my time raising my newly pulled Santa

-edit-

Never mind I saw his debuff wrongly. Thought it was 34% Instead of 44%. Still slow though

I think he can be usefull in new war format and in some tournaments or when i will be able to bring him to average speed.
Waiting for reuben

got an EHT from raid chest and dropped it into the portal… boom! Santa!

My first non vanilla Red 5*, so i’m pretty happy. don’t have Wilbur but do have Gormek. also have 12 rings so… :slight_smile:

also gives me one 5* per seasonal event (joins Lepus, Rana and Francine!)

7 Likes

Excited to have him as an offensive def debuff in my red stack

4 Likes

Santa Claus’s full body picture

The OP now contains the changes after 2022 November Balance update.

2 Likes

Still outdated, with silly family bonuses.
Meh.

1 Like

Just got him plus costume, from level 10 academy. I am going to max him after Loki and probably limit break x 2

Why would you do that?

He is good only in rush and for offensive team as a debuff. So, he does not need second LB. I have him for 2 years and first LB but stripped him from emblems and would reset his LB if I could.
Still use him in rush sometimes in a red stack

The hero card now contains the november balance update related to Elf minion HP.