🔵 [Oct 27, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 9th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 12 hours earlier at 7:00:00 PM (19:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

6 Likes

used same team as before
Ariel, Hansel, Caedmon, MN, hatter (3.70)
took our Horghall first then Boril and kept vivica last
was good fight as didnt get much of resistance for Hansel skill from vivica
currently all the emblems will be saved and still didnt decide the trainer hero who it will go to as i dont know if i should start Inari or final ascend Onatel first

Reset Emblem: NO

7 Likes

With 2 healers, a mana controller, a buff stealer, a dispeller, and a cleanser no items were needed.

8 Likes

This was from stage 2. I got to use Melia this time around which I was happy about because it meant I could use the family bonus with Mnesseus. Melia subbed in for Kailani. Since I was packing two healers, Hawkmoon was my general healer while Belith was my dispel healer. I had so much fun on the bosses just seeing the screen light up with criticals. The highest I got on a tile was 514 about. I am thinking maybe when this trial comes back around and I have some of them emblemed up a bit more, I am gonna tackle stage 3 with this team just for kicks and giggles.

EDIT: Here is the team I did with my alt. Only did the first stage.

Not having that family bonus kinda messes up my strat. I had to put Kailani in as she is my only holy cleric. The spirit link came in handy though.

8 Likes

Same team

Not a good board the whole time :frowning:

Nuked em like ripley

9 Likes

I won’t be able to do Stage 3 again but I should be able to do stage 2.

I am using a very similar setup as you. Except I have Rigard instead of Hawkmoon.

9 Likes

Nice work, I have exactly same team, just different emblem distribution

3 Likes

Rigard - Zim - Grazul - Caedmon - Hansel

6 Likes

Same team like last time

7 Likes

Yet another tricky trial. My previous team:

And my team this time around.

Definitely too healer heavy, no doubt about that. Struggled with taking down Vivica, which is always a thing. Ended up having to use two dragon attacks to finish her off because I was being called to the dinner table and had to wrap things up quickly.

Not so much a challenge but a test of endurance.

Edit: Druid emblems will go to Alby. Still undecided on if I want to give cleric emblems to Grazul, but there isn’t too much competition on that front. Even if I do, I might keep the ones I have on Rigard for now. Stopped giving him more months ago.

8 Likes

Same team as last time for me, I’m pretty well situated for this one:

Was hoping to make it through with no items but I had to settle for some minor mana pots to keep the team afloat:

Hatter’s special = one of the most annoying animations in the game, especially on a titan. But it sure is fun stealing Boril’s counter-attack and Viv’s def buff.

Trainer gets stashed for a power-level situation and Kunchen is a looong way off from +10 still.

5 Likes

@JAWS_3D I am wishing I had Zim because I have all 6 mystic rings lol and she would have come in handy for this trial. Hatter looks like a lot if fun for this trial.

4 Likes

Haha, thanks!! She’s fun and well worth the rings (plus I have a cat problem) but sometimes not as exciting as snipers or other unique heroes. Hatter can be super fun as well and that’s what we’re playing for right?? :grin::muscle:t2:

1 Like

these trials can bite it…went 20 minutes against bosses on final level before switching to auto…its been going for an hour now with no end in sight…and i hate using my event items

1 Like

This was my team for the trial. Went pretty smoothly. Groot killed himself on Boril riposte. And with dispellers and two hitter, Boril and Vivica were no concern at all. Just used a bear banner to counter Groot attack down. Hoarding the emblems and trainer hero for now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

I was kind of rushing a bit, so I set off Horghall a few times while dumping tiles at him and ended up having to revive most of the team before I finished taking everyone out.

But that aside, I think having Hansel, Gafar, and Ranvir finally shifts these Trials from the old tedious healer vs. healer to being able to actually do some damage and control Vivica’s healing.

I think next time I just need to throw tiles at Boril until Horghall is dead, and keep charging Hansel, Gafar, and Ranvir. It’s an easy win once Horghall is out of the way, now that I can largely stop Vivica from healing.

Shiny New Emblems

Hansel got his first node, but Caedmon still has to wait for 7 more Emblems.

On Color, Finally

After feeding Trainer Heroes off color the last two Trials, Yunan finally got to eat a matching Trainer Hero.

8 Likes

My team didn’t change. Ranvir is maxed now so that’s a good thing. Melendor has more emblems. Still waiting on that last tonic to ascend Hatter. Plenty of firepower. I targeted Boril first and went from right to left. Melendor and Vivica will get the emblems while Mnesseus will get the trainer. No reset emblem for me either.

4 Likes

Me last time:

Me this time:

Pretty much the same thing, but I’m dropping the carpet bombs since I don’t need them now. :partying_face:

In fact, I went with Bear Banners to counter Horghall this time around.

Man these trials are a slog. Went in with basically nothing between nicking the last mob and Melendor’s thorn minion poking at it, I didn’t have enough turns to charge them. Oh well.

Deep breath. Make a match…

Oh. Ranvir did work!

Finished off Horghall next then took my time with Viv. In the end, used a mana pot to have Caedmon punch her in the face.

Didn’t quite have enough tokens to get Viv to +5 but got Melendor to +7. Trainer going to Gadeirus #2. I’m going to steal @zephyr1’s idea and max Gafar for this. Not that I wasn’t going to do that already, it’s just more of a priority now. Thanks for these threads btw, as always. :+1::partying_face::clap:

6 Likes

Last team:
Rigard, Caedmon, Agwe, Melendor, Melia.

This time:
Rigard, Caedmon, Agwe, Melendor, Brienne

First two stages were smooth. Last one I lost one time, didn’t want to pay, so I used the good old carpet bombing again…

The emblems are stacked for the moment,the trainer goes to Lianna :slight_smile:

4 Likes