🔵 [Sep 22, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 8th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2 hours earlier at 5:00:00 AM (05:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

3 Likes

Same team as the last few times: Horghall-Boril-Caedmon(+3)-Rigard(+19)-Melendor(+20)
Compared to last time it’s only one extra talent on Melendor, which brings his mana cost down to 9 tiles (with troops).
I used some battle items, because it was taking forever. My Boril was propably the main damage dealer here :sleeping:.

New druid emblems will go to Ceadmon and I decided to give Kailani the cleric emblems for now

4 Likes

Same team
Caedmon had no emblems

Melendor died in the first level :joy:

Had to revive my healers and Cade couple of bombs and axes in there too

6 Likes

This is an annoying team, but I don’t have better in this category.

I used no items on the first level, just a lot of waiting for tiles to align since everyone was a healer or riposte or utility hero, no direct attackers.

Level 2 was a slugfest of tiles, trying to keep everyone’s mana loaded for the end. Used no items till the final bosses (and then only health and antidote pots). Killed Brienne first. Horghall killed himself on Boril. :grin:

9 Likes

Comfortably completed with this line up - Ariel, Boril, Caedmon, Hansel, Rigard. Used 2 time stop + healing potion which wasn’t exactly necessary as all heroes’re left with 90%+ health.

7 Likes

Rigard - Caedmon - Zim - Grazul - Hansel

8 Likes

Compared to last time, I replaced Agwe 3/60 with Boril 4/50. So my team was Caedmon +19; Melendor +5; Gadeirus; Boril 4/50; Rigard +18. This was pretty easy, but suffers from lack of strikers, so the last battle was annoyingly long. I used a few axes to soften them up, small manas, and even a couple of healing potions.

Currently leveling Little John, who will most likely get the trainer, The emblems… I may just finish off Caedmon and Rigard…

3 Likes

This Trial is the worst for me cause a) all my available heroes are healers except Hansel and Kadilen b) half of them aren’t even leveled. I only finish the first level, there is no way I’d be able to get to the end without battle items (which Im keeping for Atlantis stages).
I’m thinking of leveling Boril, though. I have Cyprian who’s been sitting on 3/60 for ages and I’ve avoided ascending him even though I have the mats. But Boril seems more durable, maybe leveling him up could be good for trials or wars. But I don’t know if it’s a good idea to level Boril from scratch if I have Cyprian almost maxed :thinking:

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Last time I said:

Since I finally have him leveled, I put him in. And I figured Gadeirus would be more useful than Vivica at this point.

I should have swapped Ranvir to be next to Gadeirus, but it worked out ok anyway.

The Battle

I feel like the slash attacks in this one are surprisingly strong. Hansel got taken out early after Horghall fired and then he got slashed immediately.

I plugged along without him for a while, but Melendor and Gadeirus got slashed to death too a while later, so I ended up reviving the 3 of them.

Once Horghall was dead it was straightforward, and Hansel did help a ton with containing Vivica.

As much as I love Gadeirus, I think I’d be better off putting Boril back in next time to speed up killing Horghall.

Shiny New Emblems

Rigard will step up twice to +16 as soon as I have the Iron.

Gadeirus falls short of stepping up this time.

Put it in the Fridge

Hansel is too close to max to eat the Trainer Hero, and I haven’t decided if I’m leveling Lianna or Yunan next — plus I want to see if my 8 Atlantis Coin Pulls this week happen to get bizarrely lucky and give me Alberich or Tarlak.

So I’m just holding onto it for now.

10 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Now, Brienne out, and Rigard 3.19 (skill 8/8) join.
The Bear Banner is not mandatory because I bring my new pruficiation Rigard, but anyway plus buff att is still great.

The Battle

At boss step, everything is charged and ready, no used items so far good start.

Rigard is still squishy at 3.19.
I have trouble forget that Vivica is cleanser, so after one of opponent locked by Hansel, I just blindly match tile without seing that after Vivica heal, she also cleanse :man_facepalming: (also Boril and Vivica are Cleric mana shield).
But after some bombs (I mean all 5) and axes, I can handle it at least.

The Reward

Emblem Cleric keep for Rigard, Druid keep for later.
Trainer also keep for later.

Video

7 Likes

My team last time was: Hawkmooon, Kailani, Brienne, RIgard and Belith.

Since then I’ve been lucky to pull and/or level up more powerful heroes for this challenge, so I went with:
Hawkmoon (maxed) - Caedmon (2/48) - Gadeirus (3/35) - Rigard (3/54) - Melendor (3/20)

It was good to have Caedmon as a hitter though he was too low to hit strong. Gadeirus was nice for his hitting and attack up boost also.

I needed to attempts to finish the second level. During the first attempt I made some poor choices on when to fire up special skills, forgetting that Caedmon is a debuffer, etc. The second time I used some battle items (at most 2 arrows and 2 axes) and one healing potion, and with a better special skill use I was able to finish without any real trouble.

I didn’t attempt the third level.

5 Likes

My team…switched out the second Agwe (3/60) for Melia, tried the 3rd stage and lost. One of my weakest trials teams…

4 Likes

Ariel
Rigard
Melendor
Could have added Vivica to the list but it would make the battle endless :sweat_smile:

Caedmon 3/70+18 is the main hitter…
Supported by Gafar with his healing cut…

No…

Added Melendor for Gadeirus…

Old Team:

New Team:

Easier…

3 Healing Potions
2 Arrow Attacks
2 Minor Mana Potions

Melendor + Rigard

Elkanen…

6 Likes

These are my least favourite trials because of the healing boss Vivica and the lack of heavy hitters in my roster. I also have Melendor+19 and Rigard but wanted to take as many hitters as possible.
Another problem is that Boril doesn’t work well with either Vivica, or Agwe, because of whom Horghall doesn’t hit hard and can’t die because of the riposte.
I used some items early on since I didn’t want the battle to last forever.

The new emblems will go to Vivica and Melendor.

5 Likes

This was by far the best trials I have attempted. I don’t have a great team but I attempted it. I only have Sha Ji, Melia, Boril, Belith and Hawkmoon. Melia being my only hitter and Boril when he has used his talent. I’m not sure if I should invest in Melia. So far she is in my lower teams.

2 Likes

After last time’s run with Ariel, I decided to bring Ma North back in to provide minion shields for the more fragile participants.

• On the bench: Ariel, Rigs, Gad, Mel, Hansel, 3.70 Elk, 3.60 Agwe

I’m not currently leveling any Clerics or Druids.

Got to the final bosses without issue with everyone but Ma North ready to go. The boards were not especially kind. Gafar kept taking hits, so I spent a bomb for the attack debuff. The timing was off for Gafar the entire fight, with Viv going off the turn before he was ready to cast.

I had to drop so many garbage tiles, Horghall went off repeatedly. Zim couldn’t keep the debuff off of us. Regardless, I did eventually dispatch Treebeard. Saruman gave me a high five.

I slowly whittled down Boril and finally Viv. I am not happy with the items I had to use to finish this one, but I’m not sure how I can fix it.

Trainer to Lianna, emblems to Ma and Lepus.

5 Likes

I need to start taking screenshots of my setup for these events and taking notes etc.
I am just too eager to get on with it and finish it.

But I am happy I finally have enough heroes to be doing these.
This is the second time I have been able to easily do Stage 1 and Stage 2. I still don’t have a good enough team for Stage 3, but i am okay with that for now.

I used:

Rigard 3/60
Kailana Maxed +3
Brienne Maxed +3
Mnesseus Maxed
Belith Maxed +3

I have a Melia Maxed +1 too that I could use…
Those aren’t good enough in my opinion to do the final stage. Or am I wrong?

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

She’s certainly one of the very best 3* in the game. I’d like to be able to give her some Emblems when I eventually finish with 4* priorities.

7 Likes

Melendor, Gade, Rigard, Boril, Caedmon

Being as only Gade and Caedmon we’re doing the heavy lifting in this one I relied on Boril to take out the bosses. 2 dragon attacks and 1 arrow later I had 16 new emblems and a trainer. Yunan devoured the trainer as he’s a growing boy on his last ascension.

This by far is my one of my least favorite trials, it seems more tedious than fun. Although this is mostly due to my over abundance of healers and lack of hitters in these classes.

4 Likes