🔵 [Aug 18, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 7th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 1.5 hours earlier at 5:30:00 AM (05:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

4 Likes

Same team as last time
Not so good boards through all 3 levels had to bomb Horghall

7 Likes

Horghall-Boril-Caedmon-Rigard-Melendor. No changes to last time & I still need lots of items to speed things up.

Rigard & Melendor are +19. Melendor will get the last node when I have enough emblems, but I don’t know yet what to do with the cleric embs.
+4% healing is absolute garbage. My 5* cleric (Elkanen) isn’t maxed and likely will never be, unless I get a lot more tonics. I could give them to a second Rigard or to Boril. Or I wait until I get a Vivica.

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Obviously the big swap was Ranvir in place of Brienne, serving the same purpose of trying to increase tile damage enough to kill Vivica.

The Battle

Tedious but straightforward.

The only unfortunate thing is that a nice cascade into Boss Boril’s Riposte killed off Melendor, which meant I didn’t have a dispel for Vivica’s Defense Buff, which makes her take longer.

I should have just used a Revive Scroll, since I never use them for anything and don’t need to save them, but I’m stubborn about avoiding item use.

So I just plugged away until they died, instead.

This one will always be a bit of a pain until I level Hansel.

Shiny New Emblems

Rigard stepped up once to +11, and Gadeirus stepped up once to +9.

Focus and Finish

Gregorian ate the Trainer Hero, which is great, because as soon as he’s done, Hansel is up next.

8 Likes
  • The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

I had two healers as druids and clerics are very underrepresented in my roster. On my main profile, it consists of heavy hitters in the fighter and barbarian classes. Really wish I had Rigard or even Ranvir.

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

Not really. Just relied on tile damage and spirit link. Saved Mnesseus for bosses so he can dispel all buffs.

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

Really wish I had him… :cry::cry:

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

Just one swap. Sha Ji for Mnesseus.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

Only change I did was swap out Sha Ji for Mnesseus which was good because I needed a dispeller for this trial. It made it easier to deal with the riposte.

• What items did you use, if any?

Basic stuff, minor health potions, an axe, That’s about it.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Stocking the cleric ones for Mnesseus and the druid ones are being divided between Brienne and Belith.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Still no 4 star or five star clerics and druids to even attempt it… :cry:

• Anything else interesting to share?

Attempted to 3 man it on my alt as I only had Agwe, Mnesseus, and Hawkmoon. Got to the bosses but they kept going after Mnesseus and Hawkmoon so I had nothing to dispel the attack buff and the riposte. I have absolutely no druids on my alt. And Agwe was always risky to use when going up against a riposte hero. Dang near had it though so it is possible. If I get no druids or better Clerics by the time this rolls around again I am gonna 3 man it again and I WILL beat it!

9 Likes

Is this some kind of joke, I’m supposed to outlive them because I can’t heal them to death. They have weapons, I don’t. SGG messes up again.

EDIT: duking it out with just tiles and healing results in death from them or a win by them after timeout for clarification. AND, language, has to be PG.

Gafar - Rigard- Caedmon - Hatter - Melendor

Melendor is a new addition to my roster, and as yet not fully leveled. But I wanted to bring him along. I’m not sure if it was more or less efficient than bringing kunchen last time. Probably about even.

This trial is more annoying than hard, I would like some more damage. I tend to use bombs just to hurry it up. Maybe when I get some more tonics and rings…

8 Likes

my roster is only 33 so I’m restricted, my own fault, doing fine so far with these though

7 Likes

Last Time only stage 2.
Now after have some max *4, I can see that I can beat stage 3, and the result…

Last Time do not have Hansel, and use Mnesseus instead, and now Hansel and also maxed, because TC19 faster.
I’m using bear banner as always against att debuff opponent.
Have also 2 dispell Melendor and Caedmon, one good healer, one mana control, one att buff and 1 counter attack (Boril not mandatory, but sturdy hero needed), so this battle come easier.

OK, fresh at boss stages all full health, mana ready, used already 3 axes from begining each stages (for savety).

Great result, no trouble and without worried so much even Brienne is still standby.

photo_2019-08-18_16-20-43
Emblem
Cleric: I still not decide yet, I already spend Hansel+1 and Boril+1, so will keep for a while.
Druid: Maybe I will keep for Gaderius

Trainer
My green project is already finish Hansel, and currently I’m leveling Little John and Gaderius focus skill to make both 3.60. So, will keep trainer for a while.

10 Likes

Lepus and baby Gadeirus (3/15) and fetus Boril (1/1) are my only 4s and 5s here. Not sure yet if I’ll be attempting the last level, but probably not yet. Not until Gaderius and Boril hit puberty anyway.

My crack team of Lepus +1 / Brienne +6 / Belith +8 / Mnessus +6 / Melia +6 did great in the first two levels though. In past trials I’ve brought Hawkmoon +6 instead of Melia and did equally well.

5 Likes

Brought 5 healers… Setup:

Didn’t want to fight long and nuked the bosses into eternity.

Tarlak had breakfast and Ariel got her 2nd node.

Very healthy infernal clip:

10 Likes

Doff Doff, yeah!!! 15 little minions going off is Crazy awesome lol

2 Likes

Ariel
Rigard
Gadeirus

No, Caedmon 4/70+18 hit hard, buffed by Gadeirus and helped by Gafar’s heal block.

No, Boril is too passive to kill Vivica.

Gobbler 3/60 replaced by Gafar 3/60.

Old Team:

New Team:

Should have been if not for a moment when I forgot to use potion on Gafar resulting in his death midway through the boss wave…

8 Healing Potions
5 Arrow Attacks
4 Axe Attacks
3 Minor Mana Potions

5 Likes

My options for this Trial:

An almost max Kunchen was my big upgrade for this Trial, I appreciate that the def down will overwrite Viv’s buff. I ended up keeping Caedmon and leaving out Melendor because they both dispell and I wanted more offense rather than a healing war.

Couple mana pots to speed up the result but it was all good:

Gadeirus gets the trainer, almost to max and then I can start Gobbler, yay…

6 Likes

Kunchen, Vivica, Ariel, Gafar, Ranvir. Not as easy as the ones with Wizards (Hel and Proteus) but still a piece of cake.

5 Likes

Melendor, Gade, Rigard, Boril and Caed.

Went well, used 2 dragon attacks on the last level due to my lack of firepower.

Finished off LJ with the Trainer.

4 Likes

Melendor 4^70 (+7) , Boril 4^5 , Rigard 4^40 , Hansel 4^15 , Kailani 3^50 (+4)

Yep not a very strong team lol I’m still relatively new / inexperienced. Pretty sure second time I’ve “beat” 3rd stage, but my lineup would have been different then, must’ve got lucky previously! Or my previous lineup was actually stronger… :thinking: :rofl:

Had to use all items (arrows, mid/high healing pots, dragon) on 3rd stage, and two continues (RIP 150 gems)… but dagnamit I wanted those extra emblems! :laughing:

Bombed Horghall, but frustrating boards (lots of red, of course, and many cascades that left me yelling “nooooo! settle down team!” haha) made it hard to sync myself against Vivica and Boril. Took a good 15 mins or more to get rid of Boril (he was hovering b/w 5-15%ish health most of that time too :tired_face:) but by then I was left with Melendor and Rigard only :unamused:. I just fell on my sword at that point, took the second continue, and grinded through her. Had run out of arsenal except one measly arrow before first continue…

Only other heros I could have reasonably (i.e. got more than a couple levels on them) brought are Hawkmoon (+4) , Melia (+3) , Mnessus (+4) and Brienne (+3) … used Melia in earlier stages.

LJ got the 3-star training workout (at 3^56 now), saving cleric emblems for either Rigard or Hansel, while I’ve only got 20 druid emblems total now lol so yeah not a lot of use.

Btw first post here, been lurker for a while. Methinks I’ll have to do a typical “here’s my situation, please advise!” post next up! :wink:

6 Likes

I went in with a combination that I knew would make for a long battle but felt well equipped to handle the challenge .

This was more of a marathon than a race to the finish. My poor Ranvir went down early so unfortunately I lost the extra attack boost but not before I had done some serious damage. I used a few arrows but that was really all I needed. Victory was mine to have

I gave the emblems to Kunchen because why not make your favorite tank a little tankier ?!? :blush:

And I gave the trainer hero to Onatel, wrong color and all, because why not? Lol.

4 Likes

Here’s what I’m bringing, I’ve never been able to defeat the 3rd level on any of these but I’m going to keep trying

7 Likes