🔵 [Mar 15, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 13th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

4 Likes

Same team
Last time Viv was +6

Nice diamond in the right place

Pop went the bearded Dwarf

I used my patience this time and played the long game

The Big Boy takes quite a pouding but got there eventually

Saving loot at this stage

10 Likes

Took this used a few mana pots mainly on dispel and axes for fun! Long battle haha!

Emblems to Ariel and Druid in stock
Trainer to melendor :+1:

9 Likes

Reset token… :sunglasses:
Viv resisted time stops.
Is that an intended behavior?
However finished, but took longer.
Trainer to Brynhild.
Emblems in stock.

8 Likes

Boril usually makes me want to throw my phone with this, but today I beat him and the trials easily.
I used: Rigard / Caedmon / Mist (4/50ish) / Hansel / Melendor

Mist was AMAZING and so helpful, making their mana speed increase much slower, and her fast mana was amazing. I can’t wait to max her and emblem her!

9 Likes

My team was:
Changes compared to the last Trial are only the amount of emblems.
Caed: +7
Kunchen: +8
Last fight:

Used the small mana only for Hensel. Let him have some fun with his special skill. He really deserved it because he killed the Lady in Legendary Lvl. 15 single-handedly. :grin:

Emblems:
Druid → Caedmon
Cleric → stored for Rigard (still waiting for his costume…)
Trainer: Kadilen

@Olmor Thanks for the music. :slightly_smiling_face:
@zephyr1 Thank you.

8 Likes

Same team as last time, except Kunchen and Zim are both up on talents.

Life is much better since Vela and finishing Boril as I was painfully healer-heavy in the first trials.

Of course I brought Boril. And used a Timestop and bombs to keep boss Boril going off.

Emblems go to the two D-team heroes you see, Kunchen and Zim.

5 Likes

Finished all levels relatively easy with Hansel, Caedmon, Grazul, Rigard and Gadeirus- all with emblems. Used two mana potions

6 Likes

I am still not in a position to even attempt the final level. If it didn’t cost so much energy I may give it a shot, but with TP of less than 3000 I don’t want to waste the WE.

This is the first time I have managed to complete the second tier of this challenge.

I used

Rigard 3.19
Vela 2.60
Mist 3.60
Gadeirus 4.46
Hawkmoon maxed +4

I didn’t need to use any items to get past the first two levels and as someone else has mentioned Mist is amazing at slowing them down. I have the mats to ascend her, but with only one set of gloves, that are promised to Wilbur, it is really hard now she is at 3.60 not to ascend her.

7 Likes

Hang in there. We’ve all been there. I was strong when emblems came along, but for me it was challenge events. I was so timid the first time I tried the epic levels, and I put off legendary much longer than I should. Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll get there. Don’t be afraid to stretch a little, with the right heroes and battle items you can beat higher levels than you think. An alliance with stronger players and bigger titans can help you get more mats.

2 Likes

I am plodding along slowly. Like I said, I just managed the second level for the first time on this one (second or third time over all) and was pretty pleased to manage it with a team quite a way below the recommended TP.

If it didn’t cost so much energy I would probably attempt the highest level too, but that is a lot to lose when I am that much lower than the recommended TP.

I must admit that I do tend to forget to use items more often than not.

The alliance I am in is pretty mixed with regard to the ranks of players and I am doing pretty good for getting mats (except for those wretched gloves LOL).

4 Likes

Wasnt too hard used some items but probably wouldnt have had to as they board got a lot better right after using them. Just didnt want any mishaps as reflect was up.and the board was super wonky at one point

Two of my heroes were 3 of 70

6 Likes

This is, easily, my weakest trial. I never attempt the last one because I simply dont have enough heroes leveled up to take on this challenge. Heres what I used for the two levels I did complete.

5 Likes

Team last time

This time The Hatter is fully maxed so he came in for Caedmon.

The battle

It was fun watching The Hatter stealing buffs from the bosses, Horghall hurting himself from such. At the end no item was used.

The trainer, emblems and reset saved for now.

7 Likes

Taken a few time stops that team wins easy

3 Likes

Last time:

This time. Dropped an old man for a pretty, little sailor!

Went more or less smooth, Ranvir being a constant disappointment notwithstanding.

Base Lianna will eat the trainer. Gadeirus got his first chew. Cleric emblems saved for Mist.

And ty as always, zephyr, for all the work you do! :hugs::partying_face:

4 Likes

Threw Grazul in the mix this time just for fun but forgot to screenshot the team. Easy breezy today :slight_smile:

Kunchen is finally complete at +18, woohoo!!!

7 Likes

Team last time

Same team this time
Same battle as last time, plenty of healing with three hitters a dispeller and a mana controller and mana increaser. Works well for me on this trial.

Nice to get another reset emblem, thanks SGG. Emblems saved for now, trainer goes to Arthur who is now just 2 away from his 4th ascension.

Slightly off topic, but yesterday my nail on my middle finger finally started growing in one piece after 27 years of being split in two pieces. It’s my tapping finger because it has limited feeling in it, lolz. It’s been crushed in a truck door, tip nipped off in a hydraulic shear, and sucked into a belt sander. I guess since it’s the longest finger on my right hand, it’s always getting into trouble. Anyway, milestone for me!

5 Likes

Swapped Rigard for MN this time
Grazul, Gade, Boril, Caedmon and Mommy North.

Went terrible for the 1st time in awhile. Managed to burn them down with a few dragon attacks in the end but it was close. Only Grazul still standing.

Reset token, Trainer is hanging with the rest awaiting sentencing.

6 Likes

This trial is sooooooo…so…so…enduring?! My husband was busy with the last level for over 10 minutes and I was happy about MN reviving and reviving and reviving. It’s just long and boring against Vivica…

My team last time, went with this again…Thought about putting costumed Sonya in, but remembered the bosses.

This time - more power:

• Cleric emblems stocked for MN
  • Druid emblems went to the 7th node of Vela, stopped for the moment
  • Trainer goes to Buddy, I think…
7 Likes