🔵 [Feb 9, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 12th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 10.5 hours earlier at 8:30:00 PM (20:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

4 Likes

early thread, you goin on vacation, @zephyr1? :smiley:

1 Like

No, just didn’t want to end up doing it super late tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The polls are all Closed?

1 Like

How many hours in advance of the Trials starting did you want to answer the polls? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

about 31 days ago i think

2 Likes

Team as last time, but Grazul finally maxed and Boril work in progress. Remaining team, Rigard, Melendor and Horghal, all maxed and emblemed. With 3 healers and Boril only good for riposte, a lack of attack meets annoying Vivica’s cleansing and healing. Without dragon storm and bombs the match could have taken forever. Emblems go to Grazul and maybe Melendor. Trainer goes to Elkanen, who will be a game changer for this trials.

5 Likes

No items used.

Trained Zeline.
Emblems stored.

6 Likes

Same team but swapped out Rigard for Vivica

Gem on wrong side

Used all items, im loosing my touch with this game

6 Likes

About your team I won’t waste a word…(for undressing Lianna it‘s to early in the day…trading Ariel would be against the law…and no word about grannies…)

Music is: :comet::boom:
(The first seconds sound like wind howling through a window and I thought: Has the heavy storm now arrived at Hamburg?)
Thanks for sharing the fight and the music.

3 Likes

My team last time:

Major changes: MN and Vela in for Melendor and Agwe. Good decision, it went smooth without much bombing - used minor mana and antidotes. I think Caedmon died in between, but MN was there for the rescue :smiley:

So I finished…

Trainer goes to MN, emblems stocked for…not a tough question: Vela and MN.

Nice trial now.

7 Likes

Same team as last time. I keep thinking I should swap in Alby somewhere, but this team works so well. Maybe I’ll experiment next time

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/jan-5-2020-trials-of-fortitude-teams-share-yours-discuss/149674/14?u=givemeemblems

3 Likes

Last time:

This time. Melendor got a pretty dress, but none of the other reindeer would let him wear it, so he had to go to the ball in his dumpy old clothes.

Wind up.

I was thinking of subbing out Melendor for Rigard, but the not-punch-self-in-face dispel for Boril was not something I wanted to walk into that fight without. Gafar really did work keeping Vivica’s face in the dirt, and she died a slow death without healing herself a single point. Boril was the last to go down.

It’s a pretty solid team. Vivica/Melendor for the dispel, Caedmon and Ranvir for the firepower, and Gafar to stop Vivica’s healing.

Nobody had enough emblems to go up a node (+10 for Viv or +20 for Mel). Trainer going to Melendor#2 once I have a 10 set of feeders.

Ty as always zephyr!

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Rigard +20
  • Melendor +20
  • Boril +18
  • Caedmon +11
  • Vela 3^56

I’ve been itching for more reasons to use Vela, and although she may be a bit underpowered yet, I chose her over a second Caedmon 4^70. Their TP is about equal. Also, compared to last time, Boril is up 5 talents, and I pulled emblems from my second Melendor to emblem up Caedmon instead, so he’s up 11 talents.

Yes, this thing is a slog all the way through due to a lack of hitters. When maxed, Vela may help with that, but being blue against green mobs isn’t ideal. At least the DoT is nice. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Went to work on Groot, and man, his HP is ridiculous. Two or three times, I was sure I had him beaten (no visible health in the bar before I landed more tile damage) only to find out that he’s still there (to be healed by Vivica) after my latest flurry of tiles. He finally did himself in on riposte. After that, it’s just a battle of attrition, as Boril nor Vivica hits very hard, and neither has a damage-dealing special.

I have two dispellers for Boss Boril’s riposte (no, I don’t usually mind shooting Caedmon at him and eating the riposte damage). Timing Vela can be tricky so Vivica doesn’t wipe away her lovely DoT. I did have to use a few healing potions to keep up with the damage, but ultimately, green tiles were enough to take down Boss Boril, and I was able to whittle away on Vivica’s health despite her heal.

Not enough emblems to step up Boril or Caedmon. Still hoping I can pull them from Boril for a five-star (preferably green) cleric one day. Trainer hero goes to Kashrek. (Hey, it was him or Gobbler!)

4 Likes

Managed all three stages and; thanks to @JAWS_3D and his advices after the last Trial; this time nearly without real big problems. (Ok; I had them, if I am honest, but this time they were not a blue whale but rather a rhino…)

My team this time:

(…had forgotten to take a picture; only this one…but to proof that I managed the last stage:)

Trainer: Kadilen
Emblems:
Not enough for Kunchen. Is +7

Druids: Caedmon or Triton (4.65) but I guess to go further with Caed could be a better decision because I need more green firepower.(Eve, Zeline, Lianna) Blue: Grimm, Arthur and Perseus.
But I am always glad and happy to hear opinions and advices.

(Of course thanks @zephyr1 for posting the links and „building“ this thread…both always a great help…)

7 Likes

No team pic last time, but swapped out Rigard for Ariel.

Spent 3 items each on axes, bombs and dragon bombs. Thought I was done on one run after firing Hansel at Boril, so I sent some tiles and immediately realized I forgot to fire Grazy to protect against Horghal. Oh well, Mama said there’d be days like this.
With plenty of healers here, the end result was still in my favor, so mistakes aside it turned out fine.

Emblems saved for now, trainer goes to brand new Kage, taking him to 3/53, hope to have him done in a week or so.

5 Likes

Just did first 2

Emblems for Ariel rest in storage

4 Likes

Last time

This time swapped out Boril for Hansel

Hansel helped to keep the bosses mana charge in check.

No item used. Trainer and emblems saved.

6 Likes

Took the slow and steady route, largely because I had to choice. Rigard (+18), Caed (+9), Boril (3.60), Mel (4.70), and Graz (4.80).

It was no surprise that I had no survivability issues; and that Groot was the first to go down. Used axes to finish off Boril. Rigard got the emblems, Caed will likely get the emblems, and Kingston gets the trainer.

Cheers!

4 Likes