[Mar 31, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the second of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live a couple hours earlier at 05:15 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 07:00 GMT, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage is now harder:

The big question is:

How much harder?

Trials of Fortitude previously had 4195 HP per Final Boss.

In the most recent Trials of Justice, Shadows, and Strength after Version 20 released, we saw increased HP in the Final Bosses — presumably we’ll see the same in Trials of Fortitude.

If you are first to make it through Stage 3, please take note of the Final Boss HP, and take a screenshot so I can add it here. Thanks! :slight_smile:

We don’t know, however, whether there are corresponding changes in the Defense and/or Attack stats.

Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?

• YES! It was much harder
  • Yes, it was a little harder
  • Yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
  • No, I don’t think I noticed a difference
0 voters

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Fortitude allows Clerics and Druids

• The bosses are Boril, Brienne, Horghall, and Vivica

• Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice

Final Boss HP

Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 had 4195 HP

Version 20: To Be Determined — if you’re first to finish, please post a screenshot of the final Boss HP!

[ RESERVED FOR SCREENSHOT OF FINAL BOSS HP IN VERSION 20 ]

Trials of Fortitude was originally one of the highest HP sets of bosses at 4195.

Particularly with Vivica amongst the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking was a commonly required approach. At 4195 HP, 5 Dragon Attacks (2000 damage not counting DoT), 5 Bombs (1500 damage), and 4 axes (800 damage) could completely kill the bosses. The item usage could be reduced by charging offensive specials prior to the bosses, and firing them at the start of the boss battle, and by making tile matches.

The potential for an increase in HP will likely make that approach still workable — but may require some additional items or non-item damage. For comparison, Trials of Strength bosses each increased by 173 HP, and Trials of Justice each increased by 288 HP.

Any HP increase is likely to make a battle without heavy item usage at least a bit harder, as Vivica’s healing was already potentially hard to overcome and do enough damage fast enough to kill her off before she healed, particularly with the lack of heavy hitters in the Cleric and Druid Classes.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Fortitude:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

4 Likes

Is it live yet for anyone? Am a little confused because of daylight saving time

Not yet, roughly 23 minutes to go. :slight_smile:

GMT doesn’t change for daylight savings, but many other time zones do, which changes the hours offset from GMT at different times of year for many locations. It’s currently 06:37 GMT.

2 Likes

It’s up!

2 Likes

Yes, thank you :smile:

1 Like

So this bunch of misfits got me thru first two stages fairly easily. Do you reckon the third is within reach with these items, or would you suggest something different as far as items, everything is available

1 Like

Should be in reach. I would recommend dragon banner instead of 2 mana pots, really helps after Horghall has fired if Rigard isn’t ready yet.

1 Like

I think you could likely take out Horghall via Riposte with that team, and the green stack should be plenty to take out boss Boril — plus you’ve got two dispellers to remove the inconvenience of his Riposte.

You could likely whittle down Vivica with that team after that, as long as you manage the board carefully to avoid her firing too much, and dispel her defense buff so you can do more tile and special skill damage.

With that approach, bombs and dragon attacks should be plenty of backup firepower, I think. If you get her whittled down a bit, they’d cover a worst case nuking to finish her off. With both Rigard and Melendor around, you might also be fine just duking it out without going item heavy.

The mana is a good backup for a slow board, in case you need healing or dispel.

So I think that setup will likely work well.

I had a 10 minute final battle against Vivica. I still had Boril and own Vivica remaining but she just kept healing.

I used revive scrolls to bring back Kadilen and Caedmon so that finally helped. In hindsight I think I should have brought purples.

I used arrows, dragon attacks and axes. My team was 3688.

2 Likes

My team is identical like in last time
Mother North need 5 more emblems :disappointed:

I pulled Horghall few days ago, I’m thinking about level him and Agwe up for some dmg dealers. I really can’t die but Viv is terrible without attackers.

4 Likes

Hence my 10 minute fight, it was tedious :persevere:

3 Likes

I thought, that all trials were supposed to become more difficult. 4195 hp for final bosses is the same, as it was last time.

2 Likes

I use 2 bombs and 2 hourglasses (to block Vivica when hansel do a miss) because i don t want fight during 10 minutes.

4 Likes

It’s possible that they adjusted defense/attack, or that they left them alone for this one because it was already the highest HP if I remember correctly.

1 Like

i ran hansel to stop vivs heal, boril to make horghall kill himself and caedmon to knock of borils buff. kept focus from hansel on viv as much as possible. used no items but albi did rez boril once

3 Likes

Kunchen 4.80 +1 - Melia 3.60 + 18 - Ariel 3.70 - Melendor 4.70 - Hensel 4.10

I need these emblems badly for Kunchen who is my tank. I did not risk on the last stage - dragoned and bombed my way out. I have too many traumatic experiences with Boril.

1 Like

The difficulty wasn’t much higher if it was any higher. The Trial is beatable by a team of 4-star classic heroes. I used 2 Caedmon, 2 Melendor and Boril. Suicide Horghall on Boril’s riposte then take down Boss Boril with a mix of Caedmon’s SS and tile damage (a color stack of 4 green heroes goes a long way here). Then grind down Vivica the same way. Dispel Boril’s riposte and Vivica’s defense buff w/ Melendor & Caedmon as necessary.

3 Likes

Horghall is 4/68, Boril +6, Caedmon+1, Hawkmoon is maxed and Melendor +7

Maybe I wouldn’t have needed so many items, but I’m lacking damage here and don’t want to spend forever on the bosses.

Horghall firing twice on Boril helped a lot, but the most damage still came from dragon attack.

Melendor for now, maybe I let Ceadmon catch up when Melendor hits the 40 emblem fork. I’m saving my cleric emblems. Boril doesn’t get used often enough to justify giving him more. Though I will reset him anyway once I get my Rigard (after more than a year of TC20, It’s bound to happen sometime, right?)

I got a green trainer hero at the end. Is it the same for everyone or is the colour random?

3 Likes

Caedmon +6; Hawkmoon 3/50; Melia 3/50; Melendor 4/70; Agwe 1/1

I struggled with the second level here. Hawkmoon is really weak and hits soft, right on the color that doubles damage. I could theoretically take Berden 1/1 instead of Agwe to strengthen the green tiles, but I question whether I could keep enough heroes alive to the endgame to use carpet-bombing if I do that. Second level ended with Caedmon standing alone against Brienne, taking her to almost nothing with a special, ending her with tiles just before she would have annihilated me with a mega-hit. Admittedly, I took the wrong items to that battle (minor healings, mid-healings, antidotes (which I forgot to use against Horghall’s attack-down), 5 arrows). Used the antidotes to keep Caedmon alive for a last hurrah…

Maybe with better-selected items, the third level will be do-able. What do you think?

1 Like