🔵 [Jun 28, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 16th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Fortitude Discussions
4 Likes

This should be fun :slight_smile:

Automatic picks for cleric and druid…Freya, White Rabbit, Vivica and Lianna costume.
Possible 4* options for remaining two spots: Rigard, Hansel (x2), Gullinbursti, Melendor

Will probably take take Hansel again (last time was Freya, White Rabbit, Vivica, c- Lianna, Hansel).

2 Likes

Should go Gullinbursti and just boost the â– â– â– â–  outta your HP lol

2 Likes

Hehe I just find Gullinbursti a bit boring without the dream team (Wilbur and Mok)… Maybe because it’s so much more effective with them :stuck_out_tongue:

And TBH, with Vivica and Freya on board I’m hardly likely to struggle with survival lol :joy:

1 Like

Should try to just minion the bosses to death… No offence special skills allowed.

1 Like

Does seeing what his weekends are like help?

4 Likes

My team:

A few items used:

Emblems will go to costumed Rigard and Melendor.

7 Likes

Same team as before
Kunchen,Zim, Hansel, The Hatter and Alby.
Thought of bringing in Boril, though he could be useful in the mob wave but not so much in the Boss wave…
Then some of the text were a little confusing “hero custume is available” whereas only the hero was available…
In any case the battle went smoothly, was able to save some diamond and dragon tiles till the boss wave

Then detonated the useless ones to allow either Boril or Vivic charge and fire…then use Hatter to steal their buffs…

Great board!:point_up_2:t2:

No need for items, druids emblems to Zim, clerics to Rigard.

9 Likes

I had mostly yellow tiles throughout so had to use more items than i would have liked to.

8 Likes

Used the same team as last time:

Still love the synergy between Mist, White rabbit and Elkanen…well and Vela also hits all three :grin: Vivica and Boril died at the same time without firing their special, Horghall joined them one turn later…no items needed.

Emblems go to Rigard #2 and Vela (currently waiting for node 20 at 171/250), trainer goes to Almur.

7 Likes

Same team but small change
Viv was +8
Kadilen in for Cademon +3

Held a gem. Got excited before screen shot, and produced the best green board ive ever seen :raised_hands::raised_hands:

That gem going off killed Boril
Screenshot_20200628-202242_Empires
Viv couldnt do it by her self
Trainer for Joon, emblems saved for now

7 Likes

Finished, but with few hitters it takes an eternity…

Boril went first.

Horghall hits all, and ripost works really well when that happens.

And then the attrition of vivica; 500 damage in tiles and special, 400 heal. And on and on… But slowly she went down and then slashed herself to death on the ripost.

Used one heal and 2 bombs in the start to survive the first rounds, and a few bearbanners to reverse horghall. Nothing really expensive.

8 Likes

No clip this time.
Emblems saved.
Trainer to Tucks costume.

Used some items to shorten the battle with Mum, Hatter, Zimi, Mel and Vela.

6 Likes

Mel, Rigard, Kvasir, Hansel and Lady Woolerton. It was quite hard in the last stage as Vivica kept healing others and her mana shield saved her many times from my only hitter Hansel but I eventually managed to win.

3 Likes

The team:

Beat it. I used one health pot. Truthfully, I didn’t need to and it was much more a “fat thumbs“ situation. It is what it is, I will be honest in the poll.

This team, aside from talent count, has been the same for easily a year +. These 5 are literally the only non-3* clerics and druids I have.

Kadilen got her first talent after stage 3. Everyone else is as high as they’ll go. Node 20 on Caedmon doesn’t seem worth the 70 emblems. Same is true, IMO, of nodes 19 & 20 for Boril. I have enough for 19 already though. Maybe if I get his costume that’ll change.

A slow boring fight with riposte being huge as I don’t have a lot of hard hitters in this crew. So many trials I have 0 healers and now 2. Humbug.

Good luck to everyone else still trialing!

11 Likes

Team:
Switched out second Hansel for Melendor.

Battle:
Opening board below. This fight is always long and protracted… Groot went down first, followed by Boril a couple moves later.

Then took a while to bring down Vivica but ultimately she couldn’t stand alone

Rewards:
Not sure who gets either rewards. Trainer to Norns.

9 Likes

So just for fun… dropped Vivica for Gullin :scream::smiling_imp:

Still cruised it, but starting the last round like this, I’d expect to :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t need any items (I didn’t even look before starting - I’m actually low on those mana pots from throwing hard at event :joy:)

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Back to before last time… use Rigard instead of Vela, to be more save.
Other Options
Screenshot at Jun 28 21-40-27

The Battle

All mana charged and decent board at start boss.

Smooth without items :+1:

Reward

I still not decided, but maybe Cleric would be for 2nd Rigard and keep Druid for Alby.
Trainer will keep for now, because no green in high level currently.

EDIT: next trial I will use Gullinbursti, it seems fun @BubblesUK.

8 Likes

I put costumed Sonya in instead of Gadeirus:

cSonya +20 / Caedmon +20 / Melendor +11 / Mist +18 / Boril

This went pretty smoothly. I am hurting badly for mats to make mana potions, so I used some bombs to speed this up.

The trainer is clearly for Lianna. The emblems are pretty much banked at this point.

3 Likes

No item and no hero loss

5 Likes