🔵 [Oct 11, 2020] Trials of Fortitude – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 19th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Fortitude Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Fortitude Discussions
5 Likes

I usually do Purple + Green for this, however, I do have good Yellow, so I am going to attempt:

Rigard / Gullinbursti / White Rabbit / Hansel / Caedmon

The only Purple attacker I have for this is Gafar. Maybe I could take him instead of Rabbit (he is unemblemed but Gullinbursti extra health for all could hopefully help save him)…

I will take minor antidotes ready for Horghall special.

2 Likes

Everything is easy with Guardian Gazelle!!!

6 Likes

Ok did it with gafar, with no emblems he died but… lol.
Used a few minor mana and that was it

4 Likes

My team is still a bit underpowered. And when Elkanen went down I lost my patience with Gimli and annoying Vivica. So I used 5 dragon storm and 1 bomb before I shot her with 4 green and 3 blue tiles. Emblems on Vela, now +13 and saved for Grimble, whom I play a lot against Noor and Telluria. Trainer to Lianna, far from being maxed, yet.

6 Likes

I have too many items to even bother trying to pass this trial. I nuked them and easy win. :+1:

6 Likes

This was pretty straightforward: Melendor +11 / Caedmon +20(c) / Boril / Mist +18 / Gullinbursti +14. Just used a couple of antidotes, and a couple of small manas.

Cleric emblems stored, druid to Gullinbursti. Trainer to cKashhrek.

3 Likes

Went through all three level fine using:
Grazul, Elkanen, Boril, Kadilen and Caedmon with costume bonus

4 Likes

My team:
Screenshot_20201011-131422
One arrow and one bomb used.

The new emblems will go to second Rigard and Melia.

7 Likes

Change of team awge out the gullinbust in more colour viarety plus nearly maxed thought I try it out. Thought be to much healing but was ok bit of a long battle no items used.

Emblems to Athena and guillburts (prob will strip gadeirus at some point in the future) trainer almur

6 Likes

Bird Fight

Just finished maxing Freya and I wanted to try her with Noor. I meant to change my team before the third quest, but the battles went so smoothly, I was at the last boss level before I realised that I had forgotten to change up and didn’t have a healer!!

Battle went pretty smoothly though. It was less of a grind than I expected and watching tiny minions take down heroes is always fun! 3 antidotes to counter Horghall and a couple of mana potions to Snow White for timing her special more effectively.

Emblem focus on Freya. Trainer to Sumle. No reset.

6 Likes

Team last time Kunchen, Zim. Hansel, The Hatter and Alby…
This time took out Hansel for Candly Witch.

The battle was smooth until tile cascades caused the Hatter to die on reposte :point_down:t3:

Couldn’t steal buffs for a while until Alby did his thing!

Trainer saved, cleric emblems to the Hatter, druids possibly to Zim or Alby.

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Vela +9
  • Melendor +c20
  • Rigard +c20
  • Gafar +18
  • Candy Skittleskull +18

Compared to last time, I stripped Boril’s cleric emblems and split them between Gafar and Vivica, so all of Gafar’s talents are new. Also, Vela is up 2 talents thanks to SGG’s newfound generosity with emblems.

Most notable thing about the mob waves was being able to preserve a purple diamond for two waves. Entered the bosses with all specials charged and the diamond ready. Focused on taking out Horghall first (no riposte), but man, he has a lot of HP. Formed a blue diamond before popping the purple and, thanks to a well-placed dragon, was able to set them both off at once. Put Gafar’s healing whammy on Horghall at the right time, which helped. Honestly, this is still a big-time slog, but I got Horghall and Boril to fall in quick succession. Viv by herself doesn’t hit very hard; just had to keep her heal under control, which I ultimately did.

Gafar did shine in keeping Vivica from healing a time or two while trying to take her down, and I’m sure him boosting purple tile damage helped throughout. Is he the absolute “I win” button for this trial I had hoped for? No. He’s too squishy (even with emblems) and it’s tough to time his special correctly. But does he help? A ton. No question this fight went quicker than most iterations of the trial, and I didn’t have to resort to items, so chalk this up as a win for fake Aladdin villain.

Emblems take Vela up another talent; she’s now past all the expensive ones in the middle - yay! Almost enough cleric emblems to get Vivica over that same hump. Trainer hero to Lianna, who just has 9 more levels to go before she starts collecting ranger emblems!

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, except Hansel is +18 now (optimal), and small change in troop.
Other options
2020-10-11_21-23-19

Battle

Decent board with diamond, and heavy HP boost.

With HP boost,… and double hansel,… Caedmon dispell… everything is clean without items :muscle:

Reward

Emblems Cleric keep in stock (maybe later for Snow White), Druid,… mhhh I’m not sure if I continue Vela or maybe finish Alby 1st I think, because he is in my AW defense, and I can not wait to spare some druid for Gullinbursti, he is so useful.
Trainer keep it for later.

7 Likes

The team:

The bench:

This time the change is Rigard out and c-Lianna in. The hope was for more firepower. Lianna is my current project and only 67/70, but her special is 8/8. She’ll be maxed next time this comes around I am sure.

So I think this team worked better than last time. c-Lianna does help hit more than Rigard and that difference will improve. I may swap Rigard and Melendor though as Caedmon dispels and Melendor is squishy. That being said I recently got Guillinbursti so he may replace both those healers soon-ish.

This is usually my least favorite trial, but it is more tolerable with the added firepower. AI was actually brilliant and following a Horghall special put all their slash attacks on Melendor and killed my healer VERY early. Managed to kill Horghall and Boril. Got bored against Viv and used dragons. I probably could have done without, but it is what it is. I wasn’t going to risk failing and 10 more minutes of slow attrition to find out. I have a gem quest to beat!

Cleric emblems are banked until I get a final tonic for Elkanen. Druid I could put Kadilen up 1 more but am thinking of banking for Guillinbursti. As my sole yellow healer he will definitely see action. Plus, Kadilen is kind of disappointing IMO. Not sure when to use her with the rest of my roster aside from trials. Justice ate the trainer in her way to 80.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

7 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

No real issues this time, Guillinbirsti gave me all the time in the world to find tiles out of some nasty boards. Gulli’s troops at 17 mean he’s charging a tad faster now, just behind Gazelle, and a little more useful for getting that overheal on the whole team.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to JF who will reach 3/70 today and wait alongside 10 other 5* for his mats.

6 Likes

I wasn´t in the mood for trying the last level 20 WE is a lot wasted if I failed, but I felt bored and gave a try.

This was the team assembled:

Noor was great despite being only 2.60 Her minions kept Hawkmoon alive for a long time and dealt some damage. I used few times to weaken Horghall before he got healed by Vivica and let them suicide against riposte. Hawkmoon got killed and I had no healing pots so I had to be careful against Boril´s riposte. I finished just like in the screen.

Emblems will go to Caedmon and Boril, Trainer will go to Almur when I get C-Caedmon special maxed.

6 Likes

Lack of fire power for this one.
Hatter had to steal Borils riposte.
Worked. Took one small mana.
No reset. I badly need a few.
Trainer for Almur.

1st time that Viv wasn’t the last one of the bosses.

7 Likes

Same team as last time (and annoying to change rigard and melendor out of costume):
Rigard/melendor/gadeirus/boril/sonya-c

Finished quickly, because I threw 2 bombs and 3 dragons to speeds things up.

Trainer to skittleskull, who just got ascended to 4/1 (plus 1* green to her costume)

4 Likes