šŸ”µ [May 24, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Itā€™s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 15th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasnā€™t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last timeā€¦Iā€™m not sure, theyā€™re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldnā€™t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasnā€™t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didnā€™t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Itā€™s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • Itā€™s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • Itā€™s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers ā€” unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Borilā€™s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, whoā€™s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Fortitude Discussions
5 Likes

I am ready, but this is admittedly one of my least favorite trials. It has 100% to do with the heroes I have. I have a counter attacker, 2 healers, and 2 average-at-best hitters.

I donā€™t want to waste resources nuking things, and I win, but it just takes forever. They donā€™t hit me hard enough to kill me and I hit them hard enough to kill them ā€¦ slowly ā€¦ so very, very slowly ā€¦ Not an action packed battle. For the college football fans out there, I live in Big Ten territory. Itā€™s like watching 3 yards and a cloud of dust for all 100 yards ā€¦

Cheers, good luck to all! :+1: I canā€™t wait to see other peopleā€™s teams!

5 Likes

I can go with Mother Northā€¦ Rigardā€¦ Borilā€¦ Melendor, Vela, Caedmon, Gaedirus and Hanselā€¦ I know your feelings, it happens to me too, also with the trials (cleric + monk)ā€¦ slowly victoryā€¦ but victory at the end!

1 Like

Did you have to gem continue to complete any of the stages?

• Pfft! Not even!
  • Yes. Once. It was only 75 gems.
  • Yeah, at least 2-3 times. I feel like I emptied my wallet/purse for this.
  • Yeah, at least 4-5 times. I feel like I emptied my bank account for this.
  • Yeah, 6 or more times. I feel like I emptied the entire bank vault for this.

0 voters

1 Like

Same team as before,

This team has the right synergy for this trial, so no need for any change for now.

The Hatter stealing buffs from Boril and Vivica was fun, Hansel cutting Horghall down.

No item required, emblems saved, trainer possibly to Brynhild.

6 Likes

This is probably my least favorite trial because of how annoying the bosses are. That will probably change once Hansel is leveled up enough to take part (hah, you think you can heal, Vivica? Nope, you canā€™t!)

I also have a shallow bench here, so:

• Rigard over Lady Woolerton, because of the cleanse + strong color vs. Vivica
  • Melendor and Caedmon for dispel
  • Lepus to hit things really, really hard despite being the weak color to Horghall and the mobs
  • Gadeirus because I have no other choice, though the HoT helps versus Borilā€™s riposte, and the attack boost makes things go a bit faster

Started out targeting Vivica because sheā€™s the most annoying, and so I donā€™t waste any of Lepus or Gadeirusā€™ splash damage. But Melendor fell to a Horghall special + slash, so I shifted to taking Horghall out. Caedmon stepped up as backup dispeller, removing Borilā€™s riposte - Gadeirus and Rigard kept him alive. Had to use an antidote and a few mana potions when things got dicey, but finally Vivica fell, then Boril.

• Cleric emblems in the bank for Hansel (in queue behind Caedmonā€™s costume). Rigard and Lady Woolerton are already both at +15 anyway
  • Druid emblems in the bank, to take Lepus to +6. Caedmon is already +12 (for the costumeā€™s Fighter talent); Melendor +9. Gadeirus parked at +3.
  • Green trainer to Caedmonā€™s costume. I really want that cleanse
7 Likes

Completed using Grazul, Hansel, Rigard, Caedmon and Kadilen.

5 Likes

10 minute boss fight due to a lack of damage dealing heroes. I used 3 small mana. Trainer went to Hatter, no reset token, emblems stored. LoL, just noticed, that I took Mum+5, but I also have a Mum+7 :rofl:

6 Likes

If youā€™re as unlucky as me, Vivica will use her mana shield to avoid every time you shoot her with Hanselā€™s specialā€¦ and I was using 2x Hansel.
Boril used mana shield a few times but Vivica seemed to do it every time. I was using 2x Hansel + Mistā€¦ that got annoying. Eventually one of my Hansel died.

This time I used Rigard / 2x Hansel / Mist / Melendor
Next time I will use 2x Rigard / 2x Hansel / Caedmon

I donā€™t have anyone else except Grimble who is only at 2/60 and the rest are 3* to use for this trials.

I was struggling to get colours I needed so Vivica and Horg were both setting off a lot, as soon as I killed Vivica, I got LOTS of greens AND Purple.

6 Likes

RNG will RNGā€¦ glad you won though!

Maybe next time I will drop Gadeirus, and bring both Hansel and Caedmon then. Yes, Vivica is an incredibly annoying bossā€¦

3 Likes

Went with Costume Sonya, Vela, Rigard, Mist, & Caedmon. Easy Peasy.

3 Likes

I went again 4:1 into the final stage. And I knew it would be boring and annoying,no matter who showed up. It was big guy, to weak against my healers, Vivica annoying me with constant healing and Gimli, being taken care of by Caedmon and Melendor. When it was already some time in the boss stage I decided to bomb them and to kill Vivica by blue potion to Elkanen. Used also 1 time trap. The I got my emblems and the trainerā€¦ Emblems saved for now, most likely Grazul and Vela will get them. Trainer, maybe Telluria.

6 Likes

Same team
Viv was +7

Formed a gem this time

Attacked the Dwarf this time

Cut down the Big tree
Screenshot_20200524-222340_Empires
Then again, my patience is getting better, and played the long game :joy:

Saving emblems and trainer

5 Likes

Ohhh I forgot to say I made a huge mistake initially at the boss. It was purely accidental. I had 2 diamonds, as I took a screenshot (swiped right) it pushed onto one of the diamonds and set them both off, so essentially, it wasted a set of specials lol

2 Likes

Yet another first time win for me. Iā€™ve obviously just moved over a barrier in the last month or so where these 3rd levels were ā€˜impossibleā€™ before and now usually possible - although there are still the rogue ones where Iā€™m going to struggle.

Last time it was

Hawkmoon, Melendor, Boril, Grimble, Caedmon

but I think I decided not to try the third round. At that point Grimble was on the last tier but not maxed. Since then both he and Sonyaā€™s costume are fully levelled and that made all the difference.

Melendor +6, Sonya[c] +5, Boril + 14, Grimble +2, Caedmon +9

Lost concentration and lost Caedmon early in the bosses run and only had one time stop made which I used fairly early on. Otherwise it was a couple of axes and perhaps one healing pot but, really, I was surprised at how much easier that one felt that some of the other recent ones.

I started keeping note from Piety back in March and only beat the last level in 3 out of the 10 trials (although some I didnā€™t even try)

On this second run through Iā€™m already on 6 out of 7 wins and think I have a chance on 2 of these last 3.

Am currently saving most of my emblems and cautiously deciding what to do with them long term. Trainer will go to Telluria.

9 Likes

Melendor +11 / Boril / Gadeirus / Caedmon +18 / Mist +18

This was no real problem for me. Used a few mana potions and one or two healing potions.

The trainer is going to Lianna, Druid emblems banked, Clerics to Lady Woolerton.

(I thought about using Lady Woolerton instead of Melendor, but thought it better to have two dispellers to take care of Borilā€¦)

2 Likes

Congrats on the first time win @jaqtkd!

2 Likes

I beat it and used no items. It took a little longer than most trials due to my low number of damage dealers, but itā€™s done. I killed Horghall first, then Boril, then Vivica. Here was my team:

Those heroes are every 4* and 5* I have in these two classes, so the roster hasnā€™t changed in a long time. Melendor went to +20 with the emblems. I did this mostly for his costume. Caedmon will stay at +19. A mana boost on a fast hero for 70 emblems is a lot.

Clerics went to the bank. I may load up Boril just because I have no other non 3* options and a 200 or so emblems in the bank. I can always reset him.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Congrats!

Itā€™s a genuinely fantastic feeling knowing you have achieved enough and become experienced enough to complete all 3 stages, and it will be more so when you have a roster big enough for all of the trials.

Itā€™s such a nice feeling knowing how much of an annoying struggle it is, to finally then do it - easily or not.
And also, we all lose focus (me way too much) and end up losing heroes. Especially on ones I ā€œknowā€ I can do easily. I forget the bosses can easily kill you haha.

4 Likes