🔵 [Dec 1, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 10th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 9 hours earlier at 10:00:00 PM (22:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

5 Likes

I imagine we will be seeing a lot of the costumed variants of the vanilla heroes for this trial.

6 Likes

Thanks as always @zephyr1 for setting this up. I always smile when I see people have voted about how hard the trial was, before it’s been released. Psychic? :woman_shrugging:.

4 Likes

Maybe just extrapolation based on past experience and same heroes used. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Standard stuff, nothing fancy. Horghall killed himself on riposte, then went Boril with all the green tile damage. Lastly just a battle of attrition with Vivica. Cleric emblem hoarded for Ariel, druid for Caedmon. Trainer hero saved. No reset emblems. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Easy quests with:

Kunchen - Hansel - Ariel - Zimkitha - Ranvir.

All maxed, Kunchen and Zim emblemmed. 2 strong healers, three cleansers, mana control. Sniping rather weak with Hansel and Ranvir but Ranvir’s buff really helpful on the boss stage. Didn’t even have to use a small mana pot.

5 Likes

Same team

Had to pop the revive, bloody green gem went off and killed the green boys from Boril’s reflect lol

The beautiful Viv accidently died and the big bad giving tree had no chance

Trainers will now be saved for Grazul or Khargan

7 Likes

Did the first two stages on my main and Alt number one. This is who was on my main:

Finally having Boril means I can reflect the so called anger of the forest. It went by pretty easily. Only had to use one axe and a couple small mana pots. Boril’s base defense is flipping awesome. It keeps him alive for the higher level stuff you normally wouldn’t take a squishy hero into. He will be worked on as soon as Triton reaches 4-70. As for emblems, they are being saved for node 20 on Brienne, clerics went to Hawkmoon and she went up to +12. Now that I got Melendor from the seasonal summon, he has taken my green leveling priority.

Here is who I took on Alt #1:

Yeah, this was definitely a rag tag team to take into this one. Kailani proved invaluable to keeping the team alive. Belith I saved for dispelling as I already had Hawkmoon for general healing. Same with Mnesseus. Him and Belith were key in keeping the Fury and Riposte down. Druids are being saved for now, clerics are going to the Hawkmoon on this profile.

One more thing, I completely forgot Brienne’s costume goes cleric makes me facepalm that I didn’t level a dupe so I could use both!! :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Had the same team as last time: Horghall-Boril-Elkanen-Rigard+19-Melendor+20

My costumed Brienne still doesn’t have good enough stats to be worth considering. Got Agwe now but he’s not good either, so only replacement I could do in the future is Caedmon once he has more emblems.

Caed will get the Druid emblems and I have Rigard & Mnesseus on +19 now, so I’ll start on Elkanen.

8 Likes

I only had healers for this group and on Caedmon at 3.40, was barely able to kill vivica as she healed quicker than I could do damage. decided to flee, returned with weapons instead of mana and bombed them away, was the only way possible for me.

6 Likes

My Last Last Team

I do not record last team, so last last team instead…

My Team This Time

Boril changed to Alby.

The Battle

At boss step, 3-heroes are mana-charged and ready, no used items so far good start.

Used 2 Heal, 2 Banner, 2 Bombs… nice to bring 2.5 healers, 2 displler and 1 mana control :+1:

The Reward

Emblem Druid for Alby, Cleric keep for Vivica.
Trainer keep for Little John.

9 Likes

This time I brought harpoons

6 Likes

Same team as last time and with same strategy: dump tiles into Boril then dispel and hit Viv. Use Hansel on Viv and/or Horgall as needed. One of the easier trials for me again, given that RNG has blessed me w/ many green dispellers. Used a few mana pots, but other than Boril the bosses don’t get to fire, so don’t need much else

6 Likes

No items used, but the fight was about 25 minutes. No clip this time, cause that would be very boring to watch me throwing tiles at Viv again a again. Healers vs healers and my AoE against a single Viv aren’t very effective.

Trainer for Lianns costume. Both are 3.70 now waiting for some tonics.

Emblems saved due to a momentarily lack of ham.

7 Likes

Did first two, just used some arrows before horgall fired.

Emblems for gadeirus and Ariel once finished!

6 Likes

Same team as last time, pretty solid group here:

Used a couple bombs before Horghall’s specials (he fired twice) just for peace of mind, took a solid win without 20 minutes of battle : )

8 Likes

Identical strategy, almost identical heroes. Just sub in Mnessus for Hatter. And I used most of my minor mana pots, but nothing else.

I think a green stack heavy with dispellers is key to making this go smoothly and not getting stuck in a loop. Vivica’s healing is one thing, but the defense buff is even more important to allowing herself to heal through the damage. Rigard cleanses the attack down debuff and heals the damage, and Boril provides the offense to take down the tree. Not only that, but Vivica hits hard (at least against my heroes), so if I can keep ghosting tiles around her (or into boss Boril), my Boril does a fair amount of damage to Vivica with counters.

4 Likes

My team last time :point_up_2:
My team this time :point_down:

The Hatter is now maxed as we enter into battle. Plenty of firepower and plenty of healing. I applied the same strategy as the last time. Right to left, Boril then Vivica then Horghall. This was over in 5 minutes. The emblems will go to Melendor and Vivica. Melendor is +19 now. The trainer went to Kingston already and I didn’t get a reset emblem.

7 Likes

I agree. In fact, one of the only reason I leveled Boril was for situations like this, where AoE bosses hit hard. Otherwise I just don’t use him anywhere else. And Melendor and Caedmon works not only as debuffers, but also provides the tile damage to take down Boril, so that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like