🔵 [Aug 02, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Fortitude!

This is the Second of the Trials in the 17th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Fortitude

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Fortitude?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Fortitude?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Fortitude?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Fortitude

• The Cleric and Druid Classes skew heavily toward healers — unlike some of the Trials, there are many to choose from. Did you bring any healers along?

• While having healer options is nice, the Cleric and Druid Classes are quite light on hitters. Did you find it hard to build a team with sufficient offensive power?

• Cleric Boril can be effective for killing boss Horghall by getting him to suicide on Boril’s riposte. Did you bring Boril along, and if so, did you find that an effective tactic?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Fortitude occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Fortitude Discussions
4 Likes

Same team
This time the battle protracted longer than usual probably due to board, but The Hatter was still key, able to steal reposte and stay alive, thanks to HoT from Alby and instant heal from Kunchen.

No item needed, the cleric emblems would go to the Hatter, druids to Zim. Trainer saved for now

6 Likes

Same team, little change
Gadeirus out, Noble Guardian in

Lots of greens to start

As allways got rid of the big Boy

Followed by reflect, which Mel took care of mostly

And then again, not sure why but the Long slog with this lovely lady, actually i think i did miss the attack buff from Gadeirus

Emblems saved, trainer for Gazelle

9 Likes

I frequently hate these trials. Really hate that boril. Really really hate him

4 Likes

Can’t do an all-classic challenge, but was forced to do an all-four-star challenge:

Melendor +6 / Mist +18 / cSonya +20 / Caedmon +20 (has costume at 4/something) / Boril

I considered using Lady Woolerton instead of Melendor, but decided that double greens was a better idea. Wasn’t paying attention and lost Boril, so I did end up using some bombs to soften the enemies. Having two dispellers made Boril’s threat as an enemy near non-existent.

Druid emblems will likely go to Gullinbursti. Clerics to Woolerton. Trainer to Caedmon’s costume (which is already 8/8).

6 Likes

Vivica + Boril together are extremely annoying! This is always the Trial that takes me the longest to finish!

3 Likes

Vanilla challenge again @Muchacho @Guvnor ? :slight_smile:

this one wasn’t tough, but boy was it annoying. Vivica just kept healing.

Brought normal Caedmon, normal Melendor, costumed Skittleskull, normal Boril, normal Rigard. Left out costumed Sonya, as dispelling is more important here than cleansing (so 2 dispellers to 1 cleanser) + Blue is weak to Horghall.

Left out Lepus, Hansel, Gadeirus, Lady Woolerton, 3/70 Kadilen. Hansel especially would have been great against that annoying Vivica, while Lepus would have added some OOMPH. Ah well, no matter.

The battle wasn’t terribly tough. Used some mana potions to charge Boril in time for Horghall’s special, so Horghall suicided. Enemy Boril fell to a green tile cascade + finishing shot from Caedmon. Then the rest of the long battle was spent whittling Vivica down, I swear, she lasted at least 12 turns longer than the other two. Finally… done.

Cleric emblems in the bank for Hansel, Druid emblems in the bank for Kvasir. Trainer goes to Kvasir, power leveling him for use in tomorrow’s tourney (and my only Green project now is Kash costume, so no trainer heroes for him yet as his special is still at a pitiful 3/8).

7 Likes

Problem of Vivica is that mana block is almost 100% accurate.

Took 2 screenies out of that long and boring battle…

Didn’t need items, but took 8 annoying minutes. Trainer to Lia, emblems stored.

5 Likes

Not for me this time.

I HATE this trial… Just no firepower and the boss fight always ends up being a ■■■■ show…

Went with this team this time:

Fight dragged on (as expected) and ended up just killing Viv & Boril from low health with some axes (was getting bored)…

Battle:

More: 🎭 Guvs YouTube Videos / Channel

Rewards:

Trainer saved, probably for Lady Loki when she’s levelled.
No plans for cleric or druid emblems currently.
No reset token.

9 Likes

Boril always uses his mana shield its frustrating

7 Likes

yeah, I get it. I could have done it without items too, but I used a Dragon Attack to speed things up because it was getting so darned boring. Viv isn’t really a threat, just boooooooring to fight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gullinbursti and Rigard with some mana potions make this pretty easy.

1 Like

My team this time:

• Vela +6
  • Melendor +c20
  • Rigard +c20
  • Boril +20
  • Candy Skittleskull +17

Compared to last time, Vela is up 2 talents and Skittleskull is up 5. Still a light-hitting team, but help may be on the way. Since last time, I’ve drawn Gafar, Horghall, and Kaidlen, all of whom qualify for this trial. Gafar was almost ready, but at 4^25, I played it safe.

No problem with the mob waves. I did fail to get Vela recharged before the bosses, but entered with red and purple diamonds on the board. Managed to time it such that Horghall did three straight ripostes and killed himself, so that was nice. Per usual, the rest was a slog, but I finally lined up enough green tiles to take down Boril. (Don’t underestimate Skittles’ tile damage!) Then, the usual battle of attrition with Vivica, which is where I’d really like to have Gafar available. Took a while, but I didn’t have to use any items.

Not enough emblems for Vela to get another node, but Vivica moves to +7, where I might leave her for a while to emblem Gafar. Trainer hero goes to Lianna! (TC20 has been on an absolute tear in the last three weeks.)

3 Likes

Took this and it was going round in circles after a while so I carpet bombed the F out of them :slight_smile:

Druid emblems in storage cleric Ariel trainer zeline

4 Likes

Here my team

Caedmon +20 plus costume bonus
Melendor +9
C. Sonya +20 to have a cleanser for Horgall and more damage for blue tiles
Rigard +19
Boril +9

Seems like a common choiches, but I had no other heroes in the bench😂

Made it without items and with a long fight! No big threaths with 2 healers.

Saving emblems for some future heroes (hoping for a Hansel next time) and trainer for Kadilen

3 Likes

Decided to test if i have the bare minimum to complete it.

Noor 2/47 Melendor 3/47 Ariel +7 Boril 3/25 AGWE

Battle items: Miracle scroll Bombs Mana Minor mana
Battle items left after battle: 1/4/2/3
Strategy was to get the bosses kill themselves by riposte which is main damage dealer.
Melendor healer/dispeler useful to remove the big Boril riposte and Vivica defense buff.
Ariel cleanser/healer/mana buff usefull to get Noor to 100% faster… cleanse horghall.
Noor although underleveled with minions helped clear their minions Horghall and Brienne on lower difficulty also did some damage…
Boril - obviously my damage dealer lol
Agwe such a great help from buff vs nature attack Horghall wasnt hitting as much.

In short noob team testing limits have a nice day!

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Rigard out, Gullinbursti in, trying for fun.
Other Option
Screenshot at Aug 02 22-32-39

Battle

Nice start with 4-hero mana ready, with heavy HP boost, decent board.

Victory without used any items, with heavy HP boost. Very nice and savety team setup… :+1:

Reward

Druid emblem for Vela, Cleric for 2nd Rigard.
Trainer keep for now.

8 Likes

I beat all 3 levels without using the full arsenal of items :smiley_cat: I just used 5 bombs and 5 arrow attacks, we didn’t need any axes this time round.

My team was Normal Rigard (+18), Sonya in her costume (+4), Mist (maxed), Hansel (4/49) and Gullinbursti (4/53). Mean Vivicia kept resisting Hansel’s mana stop but we hit Hoghall with it in the end :rofl:

I am saving the cleric emblems to take Rigard up to +19 and Gullinbursti will be getting the druid emblems when he reaches 4/70. Lianna ate the juicy 3* green trainer hero :green_salad:

5 Likes