🎃 Vlad - 3* Dark/ Purple from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

Vlad

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 417 551 969
3/60 516 681 1197
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dawn of Sorrow
  • The target receives 65 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 115, up to 295 damage total.
  • The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Vlad?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Vlad.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Vlad and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Vlad worth summoning for?

• Would you use Vlad on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Vlad?

• What heroes would you take when facing Vlad as an opponent?

• Would you give Vlad Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Vlad’s special?

• What do you think of Vlad’s character design?

• If you Summoned Vlad and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Vlad, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Vlad when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Vlad, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Vlad (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Vlad), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

Old Vlad Discussion Thread:

Vlad Buff Request Thread: Vlad needs a buff

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Vlad

:question: Is Vlad worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Vlad compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Vlad is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Vlad’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Vlad’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Over Time
  • Healing Steal

0 voters

:question: Is Vlad worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Vlad is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Vlad will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I usually keep at least one of each hero I get. Vlad is an exception, I fed all of Vlad I got away without even thinking of keeping one. He is just terrible, I dont even see that any reasonable buff can make him any better.

I kept and maxed two of him (it was supposed to be 4 copies of him) and was hoping he’d get some buff. He did way back but he still remained underwhelming. Will follow suit and feed him to other better heroes soon.

@PasasHill Do you still keep a copy of Tudan, Fletcher, Farid, Kenjiro, Brand, Sha Ji, Jenneth, Julius, Sigrunn, Olaf, Layla, Shaarkot, Derric, Toril, Jill, Zudak, Nash, Ragnhild, Slithus, Aife, Sharan, Hikaru, Brogan, Nightshade, Hou, Needler?

No, I do not keep 1* and 2* heroes

I am glad of that reply. Whew !! For a second there I thought you kept them and maxed them. I wonder if SG is giving rewards to those who have maxed every single copy of the heroes available in S1.

On topic, Vlad is a disappointing rare hero. Unlike most 3* heroes from different events, he doesn’t deserve the food and mats just to get maxed.

1 Like

Speaking of heroes doesent deserve food, feeders and mats, I have one Dawa maxed - leftover from beginning days I didnt want to feed away :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Really? I did at one time maxed Prisca and Karil in 2018. Fed them to other better heroes in early 2019. Punched myself when I discovered Karil’s costume version is usable with Nordri and other regular defense down heroes. Not much impressed with Prisca costume though although I have both their costumes.

1 Like

Might it be wise to build a team of Vlads?
His skill stacks and he’s very fast…

No. Let’s take a situation where you have 3 Vlads. If they each hit they’ll do 65, 115, and 115 DoT respectively giving the target the max 295 damage over 5 turns or 59 damage per turn. Take a fairly common 3* like Bane who has 693 health. After 5 turns you won’t even take away half of his health.

2 Likes

Missing on Effect 1 is “This effect can’t be dispelled.”

The OP is updated with the new passived and the adjusted family bonus.

The hero card now contains latest changes about family bonus and passive.

Has anyone noticed that Vlad was updated with a new passive skill? 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from random enemy, or if no buffs are available, 70% damage to all enemies. He’s very fast. Is 70% damage to all enemies at very fast on top of his active abilities redeem his usefulness?

The “new” passive is from two Morlovias ago and definitely not redeeming.

50% chance for 70% damage (and a buff steal) is basically a 35% damage to all. The DOT is still too low. When it was 100% chance it was a maybe, but at this point his stats are outdated too.

3 Likes

to add to that: if the new passive wasn’t enough to improve Jack or Goopy enough , it certainly won’t be enough to improve Vlad, either :slight_smile:

1 Like

When Jack was released, I leveled one, and realized I didn’t like him that much. I eventually fed him away. Then they gave him the passive and I thought the passive was good enough to make him usable with Balthazar and Tyrum. Then the passive got nerfed. And I haven’t used Jack.

Now with additional S1 costumes, older heroes (like Jack and Vlad) are going to fall further and further behind.

1 Like

I almost forgot Jack existed,myself

the only reason I remember Vlad, is because he won my alliance a war once - I was using all 3*s on my last war hit, versus a defense that only had Sabina and Li Xiu left.

Vlad managed to survive Li’s hit with his gigantic (for the time) health stat, and he stole Sabina’s healing long enough for me to kill Sabina and Li with tiles!

but that was a long time ago, I’m pretty sure before emblems even… :smiley: and a very unusual circumstance, haha

only reason Vlad was even in that attack team, was that I had nobody better :smiley:

1 Like