🎃 Vanda - 5* Fire/ Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero in 2020 - Vanda!!

Vanda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Sorcerer
VF
Very Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Twilight of Sorrow
  • Deals 125% damage to all enemies
  • The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to all enemies for 2 turns
  • All allies are immune to status ailments for 2 turns
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Vanda from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Vanda?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Vanda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Vanda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Vanda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Vanda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Vanda?

• What heroes would you take when facing Vanda as an opponent?

• Would you give Vanda Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Vanda’s special?

• What do you think of Vanda’s character design?

• If you Summoned Vanda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Vanda, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Vanda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Vanda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Vanda (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Vanda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

Beta Information Thread: 🧪 Early Information on New Morlovia Heroes (Halloween) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Vanda (post release)

:question: Is Vanda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Vanda would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Vanda’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Ailment Protector
  • Healing Stealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Vanda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Vanda’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Vanda worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Vanda is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Vanda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

3 Likes

Id love to pull her, she will complement perctly my Grazul and Garnet :heart: :fire:

3 Likes

I´m gonna simp for Vanda tbh :rofl:

One more Grave, Telluria, Vela counter, protect against status ailment and steal healling at Very fast speed. They really want to get out this guys.

Ok, don’t like her hair at all. What the hell is that supposed to be (all you snarky types, please don’t answer ‘a bat’)? And that facial expression?

Still would use her if I’d get her obviously, since her abilities are pretty good, but this is one of worse designs around here (though at least it is not that bland as ninjas, who can be told apart only based on color code).

1 Like

I will gladly take some! I don’t have Grazul so this would be a good compromise.

1 Like

Whilst I would have preferred her ailment block and healing steal to have remained at 3 turns duration, I can see how oppressive that could have been at very fast and she’s still a very good hero in this current form, even if she stands in Grazul’s shadow. As someone who doesn’t own Grazul, she’d make an amazing addition to my raiding team. :pray:

Plus, it’s Halloween! I mean, that’s reason enough to want her.

Aiming for Francine. But if I got Vanda, I don’t think I will lvl her up for awhile as I have Grazul and Garnet. And she is the weakest of 3.
But I don’t mind to get it. Probably not a forever bench Hero.

1 Like

Vanda is much more useful than Grazul. Especially if you have Garnet.

Wow between Gefjon and Vanda, SO MANY TELLURIA COUNTERS hitting the market!!! amazing! the business analyst in me loves this. Lol if only I needed these heroes more than a car.

Honestly, they should buff Telluria simply so that it can be fun and challenging to use these new heroes.

Vanda looks amazing though, the art, the skills, the speed, the using of sorc blems. She would stack ridiculously well with most reds too, layering her anti-heal onto of a burn dot, whoah.

2 Likes

Her special is similar to Bai Yeong in that it lacks synergy. It’s a weak hit all and it is unlikely that both a heal on opposition and status ailment protection will occur during the same 2 turns. Being very fast makes up for that somewhat I suppose, but if you have to hold her special to get the most out of it then she might as well be fast or average in theory. It’ll be interesting to see how she does.

3 Likes

So I just pulled her with my second token, was hoping for Francine, but hey it’s better than the nothing I usually get :smiley: Trying to make up my mind about her, I guess we’ll see… Too bad she doesn’t have Extra dmg against Nature though :frowning:

3 Likes

Same here! Especially since I’ve had Grazul at 3/70 for ages? And she still seems to be the better bet with the mana help? o: So i’m not sure which red to ascend?

Early to say, and I haven’t got Grazul, haven’t had the time to use Vanda yet either though. But now that I’ve given a thought to Vanda, I think that very fast Health steal is pretty great since it affects the whole team. Also Cleansers heal first then cleanse, so it doesn’t matter who you’re battling, it steals over half of the hp anyway. Except C.Rigard, Aeron… Also in field aid you get to steal that hp too. At least with Victor so, I’m pretty sure it’s the same with Vanda.

2 Likes

Woah, it steals field aid aid health too?! That’s been bothering me in wars lately, so if Vanda can help with this alone, i will definitely think about giving her the ascension mats over Grazul for this alone :smiley:

Vanda is sorcerer class, and hits all at very fast speed- so if you emblem her up, you have a decent chance of significantly dropping the mana generation of an enemy or two early in the match. Chance = ~ 50% for one enemy, ~17% for two per fire.

12 Likes

A very fast heroe with 774 of attack. Just this makes me fall in LOVE… and I am a woman! Must be her vampire attribute.
With her very fast stealing health to all ennemies, one almost useless skill becomes quite dificult to handle. My Rigard willl become overworked. Again and again.
With my luck, Banda Will be impossible for me.

3 Likes

Very true, i didn’t think of that really? I’m tempted now to scrap embleming Almur and instead throw them all on Vanda, could be quite fun :smiley:

Sad to see her get nerfed but understand. Pulled her on my 6th EHT this morning! Pumped!

2 Likes