🎃 Francine - 5* Nature/ Green from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero in 2020 - Francine!!

Francine

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Electric Cut
  • Deals 225% damage to the target and nearby enemies
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies at the end of each turn for 3 turns
  • Deals extra damage against Ice.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Francine from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Francine?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Francine.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Francine and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Francine worth summoning for?

• Would you use Francine on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Francine?

• What heroes would you take when facing Francine as an opponent?

• Would you give Francine Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Francine’s special?

• What do you think of Francine’s character design?

• If you Summoned Francine and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Francine, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Francine when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Francine, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Francine (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Francine), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

Beta Information Thread: 🧪 Early Information on New Morlovia Heroes (Halloween) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Francine (post release)

:question: Is Francine worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Francine would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Francine’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Francine compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Francine’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Francine worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Francine is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Francine is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

A green GM or Clarissa with better damage skill multipler absent the DoT and Element Link. I guess the high attack stat and damage skill multiplier compensates for the lack of DoT and Element Link. I look forward to this hero, RNG willing.

3 Likes

Fran is fast correct? It lists as very fast. Looks like a useful hero, great pair with eve and king or lianna.

3 Likes

Oh… her mana speed is corrected from Very Fast to Fast. I guess she now synergizes well with Evelyn/Almur, and other fast heroes. If only I can get her and Frigg…

1 Like

Thanks; typo on my behalf.

2 Likes

Can we nerf her already?:roll_eyes:

So not sure if I am maybe misreading or if someone can confirm.

As she cleanses status ailments as opposed to protects against them for 3 turns does that mean if for example an opponent’s kunchen went off would the def down still apply for any damage received that turn?

Also does it cleanse at end of opponents turn or players turn eg if hit by vela in opps turn would you still take one water damage and one attk down until cleansed at end of your turn?

Thx dude !
Might be a good hero

What’s the % of that extra damage?

Cleanse is at the end of your turn (i.e. after all the tiles have finished falling).

As for the order, from Beta Thread:

Have seen some videos now of this & the Cleanse kicks in AFTER DoT is processed.

Not sure. It is difficult to test accurately without something like DoT. I am sure that there will be avid testers when she goes live :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So if we got any DOT… Do we got the damage first then cleanse?

Literally read the next line of the comment you quoted from :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll take one please!

1 Like

What is a difference between Francine’s auto-cleanse and Grazul/Garnet’s block? Which is more effective?

Ailment block stops it from sticking at all.

Francine’s is a buff that she possesses which triggers at the end of each turn to cleanse all ailments that have been applied.

So, if I see Francine on defence, I can actually hit C.Magni + Lepus and defence will be down (which will not work against Grazul)?
And if I take Francine against Finley and Vela,and they both charge in one turn,then Vela hits me under defence down and it will be cleansed on the end of turn?

If so, Francine’s buff is not as good as Grazul’s.

Correct on both examples. In your second example tho, Francine will cleanse the nastiness away tho so no harm no foul.

Different is all. Grazul does no damage & lasts for 2 turns. Francine does damage & lasts for 3 turns.

Also different colours so having both is always handy.

1 Like

Hell yeah, tried a ten pull and got Francine!

11 Likes

Heroes is different, but I was comparing buffs, not heroes. Am I right than Francine’s buff is weaker than Grazul/Garnet/Gato/Vanda/Aeron’s?