🎃 Jack - 3* Dark/ Purple from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero in 2020 - Jack!!

Jack

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Wizard
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 557 510 853
3/60 688 630 1053
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Explosive O’Lantern
  • Deals 200% damage to the target
  • The target recieves a Pumpkin Bomb. After 3 turns the Pumpkin Bomb explodes and deals 206 damage to the target and nearby enemies. The Pumpkin Bomb also explodes when the target is defeated.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Jack from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jack?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jack.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Jack and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Jack worth summoning for?

• Would you use Jack on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Jack?

• What heroes would you take when facing Jackas an opponent?

• Would you give Jack Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Jack’s special?

• What do you think of Jack’s character design?

• If you Summoned Jack and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Jack , and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Jack when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Jack, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Jack (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Jack), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

Beta Information Thread: 🧪 Early Information on New Morlovia Heroes (Halloween) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Jack (post release)

:question: Is Jack worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Jack compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Jack is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Jack’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Jack’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: Is Jack worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Jack is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Jack will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

He would be a nice addition to my purple crew. A good friend of Baltazar

I have just one question: can the Pumpkin Bomb be cleansed?

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere… my phone search-fu failed me!

Good gaming!

I added Jack’s effect to the table:

I really wish it wouldn’t overwrite itself though. Since this is delayed DoT that only applies once the turn count finishes.

They should change Jack’s effect to not overwrite, and instead stack with itself.

14 Likes

I agree it would be nice to stack, but you can always target the hero next to the 1st one so they both will get hit twice in 2 turns if you manage to fill mana right away.

1 Like

though its 3 star but brilliant artwork…i think its easier to get for collection…!!! they should add special skill that has to do with violin, as he hold it…

2 Likes

Yes it can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be fun, or just make them sequential!

Is his pumpkin bomb damage considered a DOT like skill, where the damage increases with attack nodes?

Is Jack useful for anyone who already has costumes for Balthazar and Tyrum?
I only see one situation where Jack is useful: using Jack to apply a Pumpkin Bomb to the tank, and then using Balthazar to finish off the tank causing the Pumpkin Bomb to explode and deal damage to nearby enemies. For me this would only be applicable in challenge events and raid tournaments.

Balthazar and Jack are both Wizards, fast mana, and dark. Jack and costume bonus Balthazar even have similar stats.

I’m trying to come up with a reason to keep Jack and level him, but I’m struggling.

Best I could find in the Beta thread is that he’s a strong 3, but nothing that says if he’s worth it over others.

2 Likes

You can just use an antidote on the Morlovia levels…so pretty much yes.

Yes it is. I don’t have him but an alliance member tried using different troops on him…and the damage increased with troop bonus.

1 Like

Thank you! 20 characters

Yes. Jack is different to Balthazar and Tyrum.
Of course his main purpose would be tournaments.
Why only the tank? Should be as good as on flank.
I even see another synergy. Jack placing the bomb…Bjorn playing the nutcracker…killing the one with the bomb to create some area damge. Shall be a nice combo.

3 Likes

Got the pumpkin will keep and level at some point.
With the bomb I can see it going off alot in places not many 3* cleanse so tournament will be handy also event bosses.

1 Like

I think it’s an interesting hero, but i think that bombs should be stackable!

If the bombs were stackable I’d be running an all Jack lineup and watching those bombs take out 3 heroes at once!

What people i think are missing is you can put a bomb on the hero next to the 1st so both the original bomb holder and the new one will receive double damage. Its not tech. stacking but similar.

3 Likes

I just don’t see this being useful that often. I only use 3 stars in challenge events and 3 star raid tourneys.

For raid tournaments I’d probably only use purple when it’s a yellow tank. A 3 star yellow tank occurs about once every 15 tourneys (or about once every three months) (math is 3 rarities * five elements. This discounts people not using the strong tank and or any other combinations that would make it more or less likely (such as I wouldn’t use Jack on a very fast tournament)).

For challenge events I’m not sure Jack and the pumpkin bomb is better than Costume Balthazar either. If I’m trying to kill as quickly as possible, the bomb does not come into play much.

If I were a brand new player I’d level Jack because a 3 star with fast mana would be good early on. I’m trying to figure out if he should take up the resources and roster spot. I’m leaning no, but hoping someone convinces me I’m wrong and what I’m undervaluing.