🎃 Frank - 4* Ice/ Blue from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero in 2020 - Frank!!

Frank

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
S
Slow
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Undead Razer
  • Deals 200% damage to all enemies.
  • The damage is increased by 45% per each dead enemy.
  • All enemies get -44% defence for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Oct 2022

Dec 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Frank from the last-seen Beta stats, skill & design.

Beta Summary

From beta-beat thread:

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Frank?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Frank.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Frank and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Frank worth summoning for?

• Would you use Frank on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Frank?

• What heroes would you take when facing Frank as an opponent?

• Would you give Frank Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Frank’s special?

• What do you think of Frank’s character design?

• If you Summoned Frank and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Frank , and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Frank when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Frank, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Frank (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Frank), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Epic Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 58 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 30
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 104
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 160

Putting that in Perspective

• 42 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 420,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 104th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 104 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Morlovia (Halloween) Heroes:

Beta Information thread: 🧪 Early Information on New Morlovia Heroes (Halloween) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Frank (post release)

:question: Is Frank worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Frank would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Frank’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Primary)
  • Damage Dealer (Secondary/ Support)
  • Defence Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Frank compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Frank’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Frank worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Frank is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Frank will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Maybe change it to Frank?

1 Like

Slight typo there. “fo” should be “for”

1 Like

My first thought is he’s similar to Sumle, but deals less damage. I like the damage increase for dead enemies for AoE heroes, it doesn’t “waste” their hits with few opponents left standing, but instead hits them harder (much harder with only 1 or 2 left standing). I like Sumle for that reason (more than Colen).

On the other hand, Frank is a fair bit sturdier than Sumle. And he has 100% accuracy vs Sumle’s 80%. And gives all enemies -44% defense, which is a rather huge cherry on top, to say the least… maybe even the bigger selling point? Overall he seems to me like a mix of a 4* version of Isarnia, and Sumle. I think he’ll be quite good despite the slow speed (honestly I think he’d be OP if he were faster - he’ll be killer in rush attack tournaments).

14 Likes

To be honest, judging from Morlovia Event where he is a boss, I have never seen a weaker boss in the whole game. Terrible, terrible hero. I am now in level 11 of advanced (finish all of easy and normal) and Frank is the only hero yet to fire his special. He is slow, he takes a ton of damage for no reason and he is pointless. Still, this is a boss in the game which can be underpowered by mistake, I wonder if he is going to be any better in the live game. But in Morlovia, for sure, he is a joke.

1 Like

I got few Franks from token pulls yesterday, saved one and fed rest away. I might level him for my blue epic event team to replace Grimm as defense debuffer. Also, Frank will for sure be interesting choice for rush attack 4* tournaments.

I’d like to get 2 of him for the rush tourneys.

I would be happy with 1.
I want to slot him into my titan team, replacing C Kiril

I wouldn’t say that heroes appearances as bosses is a good metric of how useful / good a hero is…

I mean take Gravemaker on the Tavern of Legends. Not much use there but is pretty ok in reality :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Weah, aou are right. That is why I mentioned that he is probably underpowered in the event. I am aware of that. Anyway he is seriously weak in Morlovia.

1 Like

Pulled 3 Franks and keeping all of them. I’m lacking on slow heroes since I usually don’t like/level them. I think Frank will be a good tank for left flank for rush attack, especially no-green rush attack. Maybe I’d even run 2 or 3 Franks on the same team for no-green rush attack since he does extra dmg per each defeated enemy so he’d be good in right wing as well.

3 Likes

Who deserves capes, Jott or Frank? Jott would be better for titans and Frank for offence? I think?

Yes, Jott can be fantastic for Titans when used right and paired with the correct heroes. Miki + Frida +Jott plus a board full of ice shields = KABOOM!

Yeah, I don’t have any of them, WuKong + Nordri + costume Kiril is best I can do :smiley:

3 Likes

Just a quick question:

In alliance war do the previously killed heroes count towards the overall damage?

So if I try to clean a defense team of three does Frank get +90 % damage straightaway or only the heroes killed in the current battle count?

I personally think he is viable in high diamond, if you have two other morlovia legendaries. Straight away he gets the family bonus of 12% mana boost which he benefits the most out of all the morlovia heroes. He could easily be an average speed -44% Def debuffer, wondering what level mana troop that would be if it’s possible.

• Does anyone know if Frank needs to be the one to kill the enemy like Skadi does or if any dead enemy counts?

• Minions, do they count as dead enemies?

Assuming any dead enemy killed by any ally AND minions count, Frank could hit for astounding damage.

I think Frank and Brynhild will make a mean team in 4* buff booster tournaments (Rush Attack means he doesn’t need her mana boost and it makes no sense to bring a healer to Bloody Battle).

So many good defense down Ice heroes that you could form a 4*/5* team:
Isarnia - Athena - Grimm - Frank - Finley*
Finley is too rare for most of us AND this team really makes no sense but it is possible

To the first question, i don’t think so, that would have been written clearly if it was him who had to kill the enemies.

But the second question… i want to know that too, he can be deadly in the undead horde war.

1 Like

Frank works like Sumle, so minions don’t count as killed enemies

3 Likes