šŸŽƒ Return to Morlovia 2019: Vlad ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

Return to Morlovia Hero RETURNING: Vlad!

Hero Card

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon_with_face: Dark/Purple Rogue Very Fast
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
368 486 855

:dizzy: Special Skill: Dawn of Sorrow

• The target receives 65 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 115, up to 295 damage in total.
  • The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Vlad?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Vlad.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Vlad and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Vlad Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Return to Morlovia heroes is stackable DoT and stealing healing. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Vlad?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

Itā€™s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 56.6% chance of summoning Vlad.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 81 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Vlad by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
  • 96 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Vlad by pull 40 (10,400 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 19 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Vlad by the 20th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 190,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Vlad
  • 4 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Vlad by the 40th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 40 times, 40,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Vlad

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard the Christmas heroes as superior to the Halloween heroes, and therefore prefer to save their Epic Hero Tokens for December. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

Youā€™ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Return to Morlovia 2019 is expected to run from the end of October until the beginning of November, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the October and November HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Vladā€™s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Vlad.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Vlad.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Hereā€™s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Heartsā€™ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Vlad from a previous Return to Morlovia?

• Yes, I have Vlad already from a past Return to Morlovia
  • No, I tried to get Vlad previously, but didnā€™t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Return to Morlovia last year, but didnā€™t try for Vlad
  • No, I wasnā€™t playing during the last Morlovia

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Vlad this Return to Morlovia?

• Yes, I want to try to get Vlad this Return to Morlovia
  • No, I already have Vlad, and donā€™t want to try for another
  • No, Iā€™m not interested in Vlad, or donā€™t think itā€™s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Vladā€™s usefulness?

• I think Vlad is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Vlad is above average
  • I think Vlad is very average
  • I think Vlad is below average
  • I think Vlad is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Vladā€™s design?

• Vlad is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Vlad is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • Iā€™m indifferent to Vladā€™s design, I donā€™t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Return to Morlovia 2019: šŸŽƒ Return to Morlovia 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links ā€“ Halloween Event

Older Threads Discussing Vlad

Other Recent Threads on Return to Morlovia

Last halloween i was going for vector, during that i got few vlads
I leveled one immediately and it was wrong to level only 1 at that time
1 vlad in offense is very weak
2 vlads will somehow fix things a bit
If he used 2 vlads skills at the same enemy it will he considered as 2 hits so you will reach the maximum DoT faster and it will cover a bit for his weak base attack

So for me i dont think i will summon for halloween at all

2 Likes

Vlad is very situational. If you have him, heā€™s interesting to use, but I donā€™t think you miss much by not having him.

That said, one of my favorite, most memorable battles was with him. It was my last War flag, against an opponent with a surviving Li Xiu and Sabina in the wings. I stacked 5 3* Purples (as all my Yellows were used, and also all my stronger Purples).

Balthy, GIll-Ra, Chochin, Oberonā€¦ and Vlad.

Ghosted tiles, more ghosted tiles, use all specials on Sabina (stupid Field Aid!). Sabina heals, Vlad absorbs, yay. Made a match, kill Sabina. Ghost some more. Crap. No Purples. Oops, Li Xiu has charged. Yikes!

Li firesā€¦ and murders my entire teamā€¦ EXCEPT Vlad. His gigantic Health and his stolen healing from Sabina keep him alive with over half health left! Ghost some more Vlad charges, use on Li, steal field aid healingā€¦ oh my gosh, my heart is pounding. He absorbs a slash attackā€¦ hanging onā€¦ andā€¦andā€¦

YES! finally a match under Li! She goes down to a three-tile matchā€¦

and that is how Vlad won my alliance a war.

18 Likes

@zephyr1 at the first poll I couldnā€™t vote, because is missing the situation: ā€œI had Vlad and feed him 2 seconds after I pulled himā€ :rofl:

4 Likes

:vampire: :meat_on_bone: :sob:

2 Likes

I am wondering if there will be a new family for each seasonal event hetoes?

I was not around last Halloween so so donā€™t have him. I do have 21 epic coins so Iā€™ll pull. If I get the 4* or 5* Iā€™ll stop.

I guess Vlad could be good vs reposte. Heā€™d give another option in 3* tournaments or challenge events.

After pulling Vlad last year I am now finally levelling him up. Iā€™ve only used for farming which doesnā€™t make a good use for him but hope to test in a tournament soon. Heā€™s a nice little hero but will only be used on a 3* tourney team

I have him maxed and hope theyā€™ll do something about him. He can save you once in a million matches due to high health, but everything else about him is a mild fartā€¦
Dawa is a 5-star comparing to himā€¦

I have him on my alt account and he is maxed. He is probably the single most useless hero in the entire game. I donā€™t mean worst purple or 3* I mean overall he is a waste. His damage is a joke even to a 3*, well even a 1* would laugh at it. Even at very fast his tiles are junk and his skill is garbage. The other 2 are so much better. Usually the heroes are great for events. This is the WORST hero. I am glad he is in my alt account. He can stay there.

I will be pulling with EHT this year again trying for Victor or Valeria but I also want Kingston. Having fought a few already with emblems I am looking forward to getting him. My only other HOTM is Aegir in my alt account. He was October last year. Since I just got my first event hero in my main account with Peters this last Pirates, maybe I will also get lucky with the HOTM. I got Vlad last year in my alt and then during Atlantis I got Aegir from a single pull. Maybe this year this account is due. I already got an event hero so maybe Kingston is due too!!!

same

20 Vlad feeders

1 Like

He languishes on my bench at 1-1 from last year. No excuse to level him up, Gil-Ra, Cochin both had some snacks but could never find a reason for Vlad. Have a long, long list of 4* and 5* Dark priorities ahead of him, even 3*ā€¦

1 Like

Last Morlovia I pull him twice so I have 2 Vlad and afther 2 dayā€™s i consider myself vald is useless and I feed Boss Wolf with both of them,so I have no vlads. I donā€™t think he is useful,i consider him trush

1 Like

Vlad, the 3-star sniper with the fastest draw but the slowest bullet in the game.

There was a time I thought he could be useful in tournaments as a tank. Too bad there are a couple others that perform better at tank than he does.

3 Likes

Vlad is the only event hero I got form my free EHTs. Iā€™m gonna keep him since I always regetted eating some of my event 3*s in the past, but I donā€™t see him fit in any particular role.

He is 1 of the trash hero

I had three EHTā€™s waiting for this event, was going to wait till 1st of the month but my impulses got the best of me. 1st pull gave me Vlad. Judging by everyoneā€™s feelings towards him I think Iā€™ll keep him for the collection, but donā€™t see much use for him. Great health but why would they give him such dismal atk?

Got him and Cyp on my alt, I think, he can be very useful in field aid wars :slight_smile: thatā€™s where I like my Hisan most, too :slight_smile:

I just pulled him in a x10 pull that I did after buying the $30 offer for the Halloween deals. I might save him for Field Aid wars where I know there arenā€™t gonna be too many teams 3500 and above. Lol. I am also gonna save him for rogue class quests.

Iā€™ve gotten two Vlads from my saved coins and sadly no other Vampires.
the only place where I can see myself using him, is 3* tournaments but I am unsure about it. A second Chochin appears to be more useful