Return to Morlovia Hero RETURNING: Vlad!
Special Skill: Dawn of Sorrow
- The target receives 65 damage over 5 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased by 115, up to 295 damage in total.
- The caster steals 61% of any healing applied to the target for 3 turns.
What do you think of Vlad?
This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Vlad.
Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Vlad and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.
Some Popular Questions for Discussion
Is he worth summoning for?
Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
Would you give Vlad Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?
What do you think of his special?
What do you think of his character design?
The theme of Return to Morlovia heroes is stackable DoT and stealing healing. What do you think of this sort of special skill?
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get Vlad?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 56.6% chance of summoning Vlad.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 81 times out of 100, you’ll get Vlad by pull 20 (5,200 gems)
- 96 times out of 100, you’ll get Vlad by pull 40 (10,400 gems)
Putting that in Perspective
- 19 out of every 100 people won’t get Vlad by the 20th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 190,000 of those players wouldn’t get Vlad
- 4 out of every 100 people won’t get Vlad by the 40th pull
- If 1 Million players each summoned 40 times, 40,000 of those players wouldn’t get Vlad
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning
The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.
Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.
That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.
Many people regard the Christmas heroes as superior to the Halloween heroes, and therefore prefer to save their Epic Hero Tokens for December. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?
You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.
Because Return to Morlovia 2019 is expected to run from the end of October until the beginning of November, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.
For information on the October and November HOTM, please see:
November HOTM: 🧪 Early Information on the November 2019 HOTM (Neith)
Wondering About Your Personal Situation?
Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.
If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.
Have an Insight on Vlad’s Game Mechanics?
Click for Info on Creating Player Guides
This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Vlad.
Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Vlad.
Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.
Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.
Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?
Do you already have Vlad from a previous Return to Morlovia?
- Yes, I have Vlad already from a past Return to Morlovia
- No, I tried to get Vlad previously, but didn’t succeed
- No, I was playing during Return to Morlovia last year, but didn’t try for Vlad
- No, I wasn’t playing during the last Morlovia
Do you plan to Summon for Vlad this Return to Morlovia?
- Yes, I want to try to get Vlad this Return to Morlovia
- No, I already have Vlad, and don’t want to try for another
- No, I’m not interested in Vlad, or don’t think it’s worth trying with the Summoning odds
Overall, what do you think of Vlad’s usefulness?
- I think Vlad is one of the very best heroes
- I think Vlad is above average
- I think Vlad is very average
- I think Vlad is below average
- I think Vlad is one of the very worst heroes
Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!
What do you think of Vlad’s design?
- Vlad is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
- Vlad is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
- I’m indifferent to Vlad’s design, I don’t have strong feelings either way