🧪 The Beta Beat (v30) – Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Telluria & Vela Balance Updates

Discussion threads:

please see above threads for all info and discussion

General Hero Balance Updates

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

please see above thread for all info and discussion

Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event

Discussion threads:

Hero Academy

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Updated Alchemy Lab

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on "IMPROVED" Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Titanium Shield Balance Update

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on Titanium Shield Balance Update [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

June, July, August, and September HOTM

Discussion threads:

ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes (Lady Loki, Bera, Frigg) [Part of The Beta Beat V29 & V30]

UPDATED Third Path of Valor

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on the UPDATED Third & Fourth Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v30]

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

36 Likes

No info on Hero Academy?

Guess SGG hopes no one will notice after they created hero rebalance as a distraction :smiley:

5 Likes

No hero’s academy, no sand empire, no new hotms. Just a hero “balancing” (destroying) we don’t even need or welcome. and the ToL… I think we’re witnessing the death of a game here.

7 Likes

Hero Academy isn’t in Beta yet, it’s coming later this month.

A reminder that Beta comes in cycles, and additional content is coming.

Beta never has all content open for testing at the same time.

14 Likes

A bit sad we get neither of

1. Sand empire
  2. Hero academy (just kidding this will never come)
  3. More Loki Heroes

This would have been a perfect opportunity to sneak in something new while everyone is distracted by Telluria

3 Likes

Or not even new Upcoming red and green Hotm.

Cause probably red hotm sniper with Mana down regeneration resist / water damage resist can shutdown telluria with Vela.

3 Likes

Really, just really solid handle/comment synergy. Bravo!

6 Likes

Beta Update

The Small Giant Staff have indicated that a revised version of Alchemy Lab, as well as a first version of Hero Academy, will be part of the v30 Beta testing in a later cycle.

I’ll create new threads for them when they come to Beta.

No details are available at this time.

51 Likes

Beta Update

The Small Giant Staff have indicated that in addition to Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy, v30 Beta testing is planned to include updates to the Sand Empire Seasonal Event.

27 Likes

Oh…my…

Even a timestamp of sorts by saying v. 30 instead of ambiguous month with no year attached!

2 Likes

To be clear, Beta will be part of the v30 cycle — whether they’ll make it into the v30 release or a later release isn’t set in stone yet.

6 Likes

I figured that by the clear mentioned of “first iteration”…

…but news is news…

Revised Alchemy lab…I have no expectations on this so I can definitely not be disappointed…
I may have to retroactively “un-boo” you and Raptor for building this out…but I doubt it.

5 Likes

Beta Update

The Small Giant Staff have further indicated these additional items will be part of v30 Beta as well:

• Heroes of the Month for Jul, Aug, Sep
  • Path of Valor: UX Improvements & New Missions
  • New Season 3 Heroes & Provinces
24 Likes

Wow, V30’s going to have a lot going on. Hope those beta testers weren’t planning on sleeping any time soon.

11 Likes

Nor the mods. If there was this much reaction to “balance adjustments” to two heroes, imagine if they lay an egg with the first version of Hero Academy in beta.

Honestly, this might be a scary time to be SGG. They will survive the Telluria/Vela kerfuffle, but if they have that, and botch the HA launch and AL revamp in rapid succession, it might have a significant effect on the player base for their cash cow. I’ve played Puzzle Combat. It ain’t E&P.

7 Likes

According to the forums I’ve been witnessing this since I joined 1-1/2 years ago.

35 Likes

Our beta testers are usually very active, reasonable and vocal. SGG just have to listen.

6 Likes

Agreed, I have a lot of respect for the beta testers. It would be nice if SG gave greater consideration to their feedback. Perhaps this Telluria debacle will lead them to do so.

3 Likes

First - Zephyr thank you for posting all of this info. You are working hard to deliver this to the community. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the effort on your part.

Second, I hope that as these new developments come out that the community moves on from the Telli / Vela adjustments discussion. Beta is PACKED with new heroes and aspects of the game to explore. The staff and devs have been pumping out new content for us at a crazy pace. There’s no way for it all to launch perfectly and not have some positive / some negative impacts on the current meta. At least the powers that be are working hard to keep the game fresh for veteran players, while listening to player feedback an updating maligned heroes so we have content to re-examine and play with.

Change is good. Tons to appreciate here.

31 Likes

Can’t wait to see the rest of the beta info posted here throughout the month the same way new info was posted in v29. May be worth noting that the title suggests more info on the way than what is currently posted in the thread. V29 updated throughout the month of April as well. Probably the same scenario here.

More coming. Be patient.

Oh yeah, and don’t forget your daily sacrifice to appease the tile and summon portal gods. Or don’t and suffer the consequences :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahahahaha

4 Likes