🧪 Early Information on Titanium Shield Balance Update [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the balance updates for the Titanium Shield Battle Item from Hunter’s Lodge.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Balance Update

:bow_and_arrow: @zephyr1’s observation:

I took a team with each Hero Rarity to test the “less damage” amount for Heroes with lower Rarity, and observed this:

Rarity Reflection %
1* 20%
2* 40%
3* 60%
4* 80%
5* 100%

Build Notes

The target and nearby Heroes reflect status effects from Special Skills and 100% of the damage back to the attacker for 4 turns changed to The target and nearby Heroes block all received damage and status ailments for 4 turns.

Titanium shield reflects status effects from specials, and 100% damage back to attacker. Heroes with lower rarity reflect less damage.

In-Game Item Tooltip

The target and nearby Heroes block all received damage and status ailments for 4 turns.

The target and nearby Heroes reflect status effects from Special Skills and 100% of the damage back to the attacker for 4 turns. Heroes with lower rarity reflect less damage.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

3 Likes

I just finished researching and crafting this item :joy: ah well, time to make sure I use it so I can experience the pre-balancing effects…

8 Likes

This is overnerf!!!

Can’t use it for Titan any longer. We can start using all of it before new Update then

20 Likes

What the hell. Seriously I’m about to join the compensation crowd now! Seriously heartbroken.

23 Likes

I’m glad to see this. I really didn’t like the way this item could be used on titans.

They could at least reduce counter damage to 75% or something but to totally remove it just renders the item pretty much pointless. Any healer with a couple of mana pots makes up for damage received

11 Likes

Bye bye usefull titanium shield

13 Likes

I usually try to stay positive here because really, who needs more negativity in their life right now?

I don’t understand what SG is doing right now or what prompted them to review this item. They are a great tool as is but already limited in availability by titan parts. Get real already and quit trying to fix what isn’t broken and focus on what is.

20facepalms

47 Likes

damn, never even got to trying them out :-1:

boooo, booooooooo

9 Likes

I haven’t ever made or used them, so don’t have 1st hand experience, but isn’t the fact that people can take out high star titans with 1* heroes slightly broken?

7 Likes

I’d speculate that they’re trying to discourage use on upcoming s3 hard bosses that they want to be overly hard without using an item to reflect all their abilities.

7 Likes

Nope. It takes a ton of resources to make each one and the total quantity you can produce is limited to a couple of specific titan parts. Those titan parts don’t drop every time and still require a certain amount of harpoons new thrown into the titan. It’s very resource heavy, not broken at all.

35 Likes

@zephyr1, minor typo: I assume this should read “…changed to the target AND nearby Heroes…”

Not a big deal but it took me like 5 re-reads and I had to look up the original in game item as is to understand. Maybe it’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited: then I read further and the In-Game Item Tooltip seems fine. So I’m only referring to the Build Notes here. I have no idea why I found it so difficult to parse.

Not sure why an “offline” non-pvp item needs balancing or nerfing. With the amount of resources needed to research and then make if someone wants to use it with all 1 star heroes thats up to them. Leave the reflect one please.

19 Likes

So sad. That was the one item in the hunters lodge that was so much fun to use!!! Resources are precious…Guess I won’t waste resources on HL if it gets nerfed.

8 Likes

The itens from hunters lodge are alredy underuse, at least the majority of them with few exceptions, and now they are going to turn useless one of the most important itens that people use…

7 Likes

Welcome to Beta Build Notes :man_shrugging:

That’s a direct copy/paste from them.

I’ll see if I can get the original updated.

2 Likes

They are trying to get us out of the game in the most difficult way, with these changes they will do nothing else, they just want to cut everything useful in this game. Instead of making useful changes, the. Let’s see where they will take us.

11 Likes

The more posts like this I see the more I want to venture off and find something new to enjoy. Troubling times. Stay safe all.

Never mind, I love this game. More importantly, the people! Blessings :two_hearts::pray::turtle:

12 Likes

I tried using the shields with 1* heroes against an 8* rare titan. It did ok, but it was at the low end of the damage I was doing with my regular titan team and not really worth the effort and costs. This change seems excessive since the strategy of bringing 1* really only seems to be very effective for the strongest titans and the change makes the shields not very useful for anyone.

3 Likes