đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v26) – Season 3 Heroes, Path of Valor, Costumes v2, Feb/Mar/Apr HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated
and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Season 3 Heroes

Discussion thread: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

please see above thread for all info and discussion

Costume Post-Hiatus Update

Discussion thread: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes Post-Hiatus Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v26]

Path of Valor

Discussion thread: đŸ§Ș Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

New HOTM (Heroes of the Month)

Discussion Threads:

please see above threads for all info and discussion

Smaller Fixes and Changes

• Minions inherit their owner’s element instead of the summoner’s element.
  • Fixed a bug where mana shield talent icon was not shown when the talent activated.
  • Fixed a bug where the wrong character appeared revived after characters were killed by Soul Connection damage and resist death talent activated.
  • Mana Shield talent can now block Mana Steal status ailment.
  • Fixed a bug where Black Knight’s “Just a flesh wound” would show at wrong position after Cheshire Cat’s shuffle.
  • Sorting by rarity added.
  • Sorting by family changed into sorting by origin.
  • Fixed how costume bonus and talents are calculated together.
  • When entering a battle that has rarity/class/element requirements, eligible heroes are shown at the top of Hero Roster.
  • Improved the usability of Class Quest team editing. You can change a heroes costume if the hero has a costume of the allowed class.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the family defence buff to be bypassed by the Ranger class Pierce talent skill.

Discussion thread: please discuss here

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Can anybody comment on upcoming costumes?

I’m very curious about Leo, but can’t find any information.

I need another ‘true hitter’ in the holy camp, but there aren’t any on the horizon, so I’m looking towards costumes. I’d really rather not ascend a duplicate Joon. In fact, I’m wary of any TC20 heroes right now, if I don’t have a huge surplus of mats.

Anybody know what Leo’s costume looks like? Or for that matter Justice’s?

No new Costumes have been in Beta yet.

Neither has ever been in Beta so far, so no, no one knows yet.

2 Likes

Are the heroes the only thing that are released in bĂšta? Do you test them in raids? Or is it actually Already possible to Play some world parts of S3?

I’m just curious if it’s again the lineair normal/hard worlds or if it’s more detailed with different paths and/or hero restrictions on some parts?

So far, yes.

No, none of Season 3 itself is in Beta currently.

No idea yet, but I’ll post any information if new content comes to Beta.

1 Like

I know it’s meaningless, but when season two was introduced in beta, how long was it before it reached the actual game? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @zephyr1 , any news about path of valor? I was actually excited for that.
Thanks for your work!

This post roughly answers that:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

Path of Valor hasn’t returned to Beta yet. When it does, I’ll include it in Beta Beat.

5 Likes

Beta Update

Path of Valor has returned to Beta. I’ve added it to the list of items in Beta v26 in the top post of this thread.

=> Click here for information & discussion on Path of Valor

5 Likes

OMG

Click for details about Rarity filter reaction

Filter by RARITY!!! :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Filter by Origin is pretty nifty too
and possibly the beginning of fascism in Corellia.

But we’ll go with “nifty” for now.

4 Likes

Isn’t Corellia just where the pirates are from?

Isn’t the land called Karemdol

I thought it was where we were from too.

3 Likes

Hmm
I was going off the latest avatar sale item I saw.

Image (8)

3 Likes

Ok, then I guess maybe fascism is coming not only to our little corner of the lands, but also the whole world map.

#maybetooreal

2 Likes

It all comes down on how much it will cost.

The feature is fun and intriguing, even if sometimes really out of common sense.

But how many of us could play it in the end?
I’m afraid that’s something we will know only on the release date.

Think carefully this time Small Giant.

3 Likes

Is this real? I wonder why they rarely mention the name of the land

I still want to see “French Maid Justice” 
 but I’m afraid SG will dash my hopes.

2 Likes

You worship the false gods.

This is the way.

6 Likes