🧪 Early Information on the June 2020 HOTM (Raffaele)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the June 2020 HOTM, Raffaele.

Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Raffaele Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 650
Defense: 803
HP: 1402

Class: Monk
Resist: Attack Ailments – This Hero has innate resistance against status ailments that affect Attack.
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Very Slow

Special Skill: Ice Treatment

• Heals all allies who have less than 50% HP left to 50% health.
  • Recovers 42% health for all allies.
  • All allies regenerate 612 812 HP over 4 turns.
  • All allies get +39% increase for any healing received for 4 turns. [this was added, then removed]
  • All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +30% attack for 4 turns.
  • Dispels status ailments from all allies.
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +64% +30% defense against Special Skills for 6 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

14 Likes

5* Kiril would be nice, with extra healing power as well, only problem is way toooo slow

5 Likes

Damn…that’s a lot of heals…

2 Likes

5* Kiril Extra Slow. Sounds really bad. I would work on It to make him average or hice to him a really powerfull special, like resurrection

1 Like

So many green dispellers to counter with. Just go the 5 star Kiril route. Remove the heal over time, make him average, and perhaps change his stats to be less tanky.

3 Likes

@zephyr1, thank you Again for your effort The useless infos in this thread regard Clarissa. Do you have the info of raffaele also?

1 Like

This is the information about Raffaele. He just forgot to change the month/name.

Honestly if this went from very slow to slow I think I would be okay with it.

1 Like

when I saw the name of the hero I misread it as “raftel” (laughtale); we’re going to raftel! kaizoku ou ni ore ha naru! @ThePirateKing

1 Like

At last, finally some resemblance of a decent blue tank.
Blue remains the most dog-â– â– â– â–  color for good tanks.

2 Likes

Interesting to have him resist attack. If I had him I’d rather have him resist healing or mana status effects.

1 Like

Very slow blue healer? I don’t think I’m too keen to pull her, Vivica is often too slow and this new kid is even slower.

3 Likes

Hmm slow i could live with. Yea v slow blows

6 Likes

He’s really bad as tank IMO.

His special skill is way too passive. Just another Aegir, except I think Aegir is actually better because at least he’s average speed.

A dispeller ruins Raffaele’s day. And he puts no pressure on the attacker either – all he does is heal. Cool, gives me more time to charge my skills.

Frankly I think he’s really underwhelming. I see that they wanted to go for a big heal kind of hero, but v. slow speed makes him very mediocre – on defense, on offense, and on titans.

You’re better off bringing Kiril, who is average speed and is more likely to charge when you need him ready. And on titans, just bring dragon banners instead…

8 Likes

You are right, unless his skill are undispellable, he is essentially a worse Ares tank.

3 Likes

at very slow, maybe he should heal 100% :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol I know you’re joking but if this was seriously implemented, I don’t think it would matter. A dispeller once again ruins him, and he can’t take a barrage of special skills aimed at him either once his buffs are gone (even considering the special skill defense element link).

I suggested personally to just tweak his heals, and make him average instead :stuck_out_tongue:

As he is right now, he’s just a safety net kind of hero that helps you win when you’re in a good position. If you’re losing he’s unreliable to charge fully and likely you’ll have heroes dead by the time his heal can activate. He’s not good due to v. slow, simply put.

But that was just based on my day 1 experience.

4 Likes

Good in PvE with mana pots, good in rush attack tourneys. Seems absolutely worthless anywhere else.

2 Likes

As some have already suggested, they could withdraw continued healing and leave mana speed as average.

1 Like

I could live with 1 of either % heal or HoT being removed and him being bumped to average

Both being there is a bit excessive especially if it means v slow

I would prefer the % heal remain but i know due to ariel they may lean towards the HoT instead(though aegir is basically HoT, it’s just not guaranteed)

3 Likes

How do you use mana pots in pvp?

2 Likes