This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the June 2020 HOTM, Raffaele.
Mostly Useless Information from Beta
Don’t get too attached
Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.
It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.
Raffaele Beta Info & Stats
Resist: Attack Ailments – This Hero has innate resistance against status ailments that affect Attack.
Special Skill: Ice Treatment
Recovers 42% health for all allies.
- All allies regenerate
612HP over 4 turns.
All allies get +39% increase for any healing received for 4 turns.[this was added, then removed] All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns. All allies get +30% attack for 4 turns.
- Element Link gives all Ice allies
+64%defense against Special Skills for 6turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352
Putting that in Perspective
27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:
- 🧪 The Beta Beat (v30) – Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta
- 🧪 The Beta Beat (v28) – Updated Springvale, ROUND 2 Season 3 Heroes, Apr/May/June HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta