🧪 Early Information on the September 2020 HOTM (Bai Yeong)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the September 2020 HOTM, Bai Yeong.

Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Bai Yeong Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Attack: 749
Defense: 735
HP: 1314

Class: Ranger
Innate Ability: Resist Minion Debuffs – This Hero has an innate resistance against status ailments that are from Minions.
Element: Holy/Yellow

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Stunning Steel

• Deals 255% 285% 320% damage to the target.
  • The target gets -95% -75% accuracy for 1 2 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • The target gets -95% -75% decrease for any healing received for 1 2 turns.
  • The target can’t gain mana for 1 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies +30% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

9 Likes

This is the kind of hero that I like, he promote a mindful play.

8 Likes

Elemental link is with a wrong color.

1 turn is useless, make it 3 and may be he is worth it.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, half the damage of a regular sniper with 1 turn of support?

What am I missing here?

9 Likes

Offence only hero I think. Would be simple to work around on defence!

May be better if less attack and very fast so it’s more likely you have it charged when you need to, a bit like grazul does with the ailment block

Fixed, thanks! I saved the wrong version, which also omitted:

1 Like

This seems like Malosi’s sister where it just tries to limit a hero and requires good timing.
Fast mana with direct damage is always a good idea. She won’t do much though. Very interesting status effects. I don’t see her being your top Holy but definitely can be useful (especially in field aid wars).

3 Likes

Would be good against Ursena tanks, but probably not against her first attack. Then great against all other effective AoE attackers like Vela, JF, Zeline etc but you gotta time it right

1 Like

[sic] means ? …

1 Like

Well you can just take any emblemed mana controlled 4, for example hansel and you have much better control (except healing debuff)

I would love to see this one Very fast. With Malosy they would be the perfect yellow attack duo.

9 Likes

Damn you’re fast. Was literally just about to post the same thing.

The [sic] in this case refers to “1 turns” (which should actually be “1 turn”, no “s”)

7 Likes

Sure thing, just trying to hypothesize this one’s potential use cases, not strengths or weaknesses vs other attackers

255% damage with fast Mana

And only for one turn?

They should make him at least very fast.

Or fast with 3 people.

Cause one turn is not affecting much for one person.

Or maybe at least 2 turn.
1 turn is purely trash, imagine grazul even got 2 turn resist for all with very fast Mana.

Also his combination with blind and Mana Block is totally backfire tho. You put 95% with the chance they miss their skill but you can’t trigger them cause their Mana also block.
:joy::joy::joy:

Hotm is getting worse and worse

13 Likes

And when a HoTM is good, it gets nerfed :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Bad bad bad combination of skill.
How are you going to charge this guy up for 1 turn for him to miss if he can’t gain mana for 1 turn?
Are you going to time him just right?

5 Likes

@windcar

I think this is an important point.

Either -

• enemy has full mana, so this messes up their healing/accuracy when they fire
  • enemy doesn’t have full mana, so it stops them for one turn - and the healing/accuracy debuff does nothing.

There’s 2 modes at work here, and they don’t seem to work together.

I guess best case scenario, you could be targeting a non-mana full hero who is ABOUT to be healed, but that seems pretty fringe, and again not in line w/ the rest of what the hero is trying to do.

3 Likes

Might have worth in titan fights.