This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the balance changes to TELLURIA & VELA ONLY.
For information on ALL OTHER hero balance updates, please see: 🧪 Early Information on Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]
Special Note about #hero-balance Forum Tag
This thread is tagged with #hero-balance, allowing Forum members to choose to increase or decrease their visibility of this and similar threads.
For more information, please see: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads
Don’t get too attached
Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.
It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.
Beta V30 Balance Change Summary
Telluria Changes in V30 Beta Testing
|Stat||Updated to Game||Beta v5||Beta v4||Beta v3||Beta v2||Beta v1||Original Release|
|Mana Generation reduction||-24%||-24%||-24%||-34%|
|…for X turns||2||3||3||3||3|
|Inherited Minion HP||13%||13%||13%||13%||13%||18%|
|…over X turns||2||3||3||3||3||3|
Vela Changes in V30 Beta Testing
|Stat||Beta v5||Beta v4||Beta v3||Beta v2||Beta v1||Original Release|
|Extra Damage Against Fire||Reduced (same as v3)||Reduced (same as v3)||Removed||Included|
|Fire Attack Reduction||-34%||-34%||-54%||-54%||-54%|
Notes & Reasoning!
A change from previous balance changes this time round is that SGG have included some short reasoning behind WHY the balance change is being considered.
I have included this rational with each listed balance change.
Version 31 Balance Changes
Staff explanation about Why Vela!
Beat Build 3 (19 Aug 2020):
Vela: Direct Damage increased from 150% to 170%. All Fire enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns changed to All enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns. Deals extra damage against Fire removed.
Telluria: Direct Damage reduced from 130% to 115%.
Beta Build 3 (21 Aug, 2020)
Vela: All effects changed from
“all enemies” to . Direct Damage increased from 170% ->
Beta Build 3 - 22 August, 2020
Beta Build 3 - 24 August, 2020
- All effects changed back to “all enemies”
- Direct Damage reduced to 110%
- Water damage reduced to from 208 damage over 4 turns to 156 damage over 3 turns (same damage per turn, 1 turn less)
- Attack Debuff reduced from 4 -> 3 turns
Changes are noted as
and . old
Telluria Beta Info & Stats
Resist: Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Mana Speed: Average
Special Skill: Force of Forest
- Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
- Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 13% HP & 13% Attack, inherited from the caster
- All Allies regenerate 306 HP over 2 turns
- All Enemies get -24% mana generation for 2 turns
- Elemental Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Vela Beta Info & Stats
Resist: Minion Effects – The Hero has an innate ability to resist incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.
Mana Speed: Fast
Special Skill: Aquatic Outbreak
Damage to All Enemies 150%
- All nemies receive
Water damage over 208 turns 4
Enemies get -34% attack for Fire turns 4 Deals extra damage against Fire
- Elemental Link gives all Ice allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled
For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:
- 🧪 The Beta Beat (v31) – Ninja Tower Event; Alliance Member Online/Offline Indicator; Raid Formations; New ROUND 4 Season 3 Heroes; Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta
Full history of Balance Changes (Buffs/ Nerfs): Hero Buff & Nerf Balance Change History - (See Post #2)
For V30 Beta Balance Changes see here: 🧪 The Beta Beat (v30) – Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta