🧪 Early Information on ROUND 5 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the ROUND 5 BETA balance changes to TELLURIA & VELA ONLY.

As usual, Beta is undergoing multiple rounds, AND THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE FINAL.

For Round 4 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For Round 3 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For Round 2 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For Round 1 discussion, please see: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For information on ALL OTHER hero balance updates, please see: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Special Note about #hero-balance Forum Tag

This thread is tagged with #hero-balance, allowing Forum members to choose to increase or decrease their visibility of this and similar threads.

For more information, please see: đź”” Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Telluria Change Summary

Stat Beta v5 Beta v4 Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Mana Generation reduction -24% Removed -24% -24% -24% -34%
…for X turns 2 Removed 3 3 3 3
Inherited Minion HP 13% 13% 13% 13% 13% 18%
HP Regenerated 306 411 411 411 243 411
…over X turns 2 3 3 3 3 3

Vela Change Summary

Stat Beta v5 Beta v4 Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Extra Damage Against Fire Reduced (same as v3) Reduced (same as v3) Reduced Removed Removed Included
Fire Attack Reduction -34% -34% -34% -54% -54% -54%

Full Descriptions

Changes are noted as old and new.

Telluria Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 613
Defense: 832
HP: 1425

Class: Paladin
Resist: Minion Removal – The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Force of Forest

• Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 18% HP 13% HP and 13% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies regenerate 411 HP 243 HP 411 HP 306 HP over 3 2 turns.
  • All enemies get -34% -24% (removed) -24% mana generation for 3 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Vela Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 743
Defense: 729
HP: 1303

Class: Druid
Resist: Minion Effects – The Hero has an innate ability to resist incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Aquatic Outbreak

• Deals 150% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 208 Water damage over 4 turns.
  • All Fire enemies get -54% -34% attack for 4 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Fire. Deals extra damage against Fire. [this was removed and then re-added, at a reduced but unspecified amount]
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

10 Likes

:question::grey_question::question: Telluria balance change poll

• Wayyyy too much
  • Possibly a little too much
  • Just right
  • Possibly a little too little
  • Wayyyy too little

0 voters

:question::grey_question::question: Vela balance change polls (same as in round 3 of changes)

• Wayyyy too much
  • Possibly a little too much
  • Just right
  • Possibly a little too little
  • Wayyyy too little

0 voters

Round 1 Poll Results:

Telluria Previous Poll Results

Vela Previous Poll Results

Round 2 Poll Results:

Telluria Previous Poll Results

Vela Previous Poll Results

Round 3 Poll Results

(Will add when I get to a desktop computer again).

Round 4 Poll Results

(Will add when I get to a desktop computer again).

Vela is still the bigger problem IMHO… But Telly in that form is passable.

5 Likes

2 turns is not good for avg heros

11 Likes

Here’s what we know everyone:

The majority of players never wanted these nerfs.

They are doing beta testing but each round of beta testing seems to move further and further away from what people paid for. This is in no way fair, period.

2 solutions:

1. allow players to trade their telluria/vela for any other 5* with equal ascension/emblem level in the game and then nerf telluria/vela into the ground. If you’re nerfing a hero that means the opinion of SGG is that hero is the best in the game, letting players
    Trade for the next best hero in the game is only fair.

This makes everyone happy. The owners of these heroes who invested time and mats leveling them up aren’t totally ripped off and the players who are begging for a nerf can have telluria and vela nerfed into a potato and complain about something else next week.

1. Leave the heroes as they were originally released.

Or there is one more option, but it by no means is It a solution. Nerf both heroes, with no compensation. This destroys trust in SGG, reduces spending, which reduces no content production, which reduces interest and restless the game slowly.

This last choice may also result in pressure from google and Apple for disregarding their Policies, or worse legal action taken by players who feel deeply wronged.

Let’s be clear,

No one wants to be forced into the corner of legal action.

No one wants to see SGG fail.

Players just want fair treatment, and fair expectations going forward.

69 Likes

hahaha we are getting worse … remove a star also let it become 4 * …:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

31 Likes

At this point I just feel tired by all of this.

32 Likes

Im glad to see that SG is giving Telluria the treat she deserves ! keep in the good road , in the balance one.

And sorry for all that people who thought that for having a hero all his player falencies will be solved.
Now , to re draw the deck !

4 Likes

Well then try and find an average speed 5* that has as powerfull effects as Tellu :wink:

6 Likes

They can destroy telluria and vela like this.

But give us the option to exchange our telluria/velas for any other hero in game. This isn’t about legality, it’s about bringing fairness and balance and fun to everyone in the game, not just the complainers who do not have these heroes. It’s only fair.

17 Likes

I can save them the hard working… Theres no one!

2 Likes

Also, stop making telluria mediocre at everything. This version is bad. Really bad.

Remove the -mana regen completely, and the elemental link, But then buff the rest of her

Buff her damage to 185% +15% for each fallen hero up to 305%.

Buff her heal hot to 600 over 3 turns

And make her minions 20% health and 15% attack

Then she’s good at being a tank but doesn’t shut down mana regen. Which seems to be the biggest thing people complain about.

Or leave her as she was originally reduced.

You’re trying to bait and switch players into accepting something totally different than what they summoned for: A tank, who is mediocre
At everything they do verses. Players summoned for a tank who was good at everything they did, not the best in the game at any 1 part, but good at everything they did.

This version a completely different product, and it’s not better at anything compared to
The original, you’re devaluing both the players and their purchase with this suggestion, not cool SGG, not cool.

19 Likes

I like the idea that mana reduction lasts 2 turns… I guess it gives you a reasonable chance.to recover from the bad opening board. What others think?

11 Likes

Can we just go back to V3 Telluria and call it a day?

21 Likes

I would like to know how Vela is doing. If they don’t change it anymore. The unspecified won’t tell me anything. But definitely not a little if I prefer not to write it.

I suspect the people who expect to use Telluria as a healer will not like this. From a tank perspective, I feel like this is getting close to a target.

As always, looking forward to what the beta testers’ experiences are.

1 Like

Propably that would be to little of a change. V3 with 2 turns would be fine i guess.

1 Like

Black Knight

There.20

3 Likes

Indeed a powerfull hero but if you compare the effects wouldn’t you agree that slowing manageneration for all enemies is propably the most powerfull effect and therefore needs a different treatment? BK never was as dominating as Tellu for a reason. He is Powercreep aswell but one can handle him even with S1 4* heroes.